electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
nord modular g2x and the usb issue
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: nord modular g2x and the usb issue Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys, i ask here because I read a lot of tread about the issue between nmg2 and usb but i don’t know what i need to make
1 year ago buy a nord modular g2X from a guy, after 5 months start to have problem with usb, lose connection from the editor.
Every time I turn down my nmg2 and on, when restart the editor all is ok. One day turn on the nmg2 and that reinstall the driver by himself and after win xp say “usb not recognized”, I try to connect the nmg2 to the mac and another pc with win xp but nothing, after that the nmg2 never work with the editor, I go to a repair shop and after one month my nmg2x come back.

The unit work for 2/3 months after restart the problem of usb lose connection and after 6 months restart the same problem of “usb not recognized”, I come back to the shop where I repair it but when I plug the nmg2 on they pc work properly :O, come back to home use the nmg2 for 2 weeks and return the problem of “usb not recognized”. I come back to the shop and when plug the nmg2 on they pc, this time, don’t work, is in warranty from reapair and they take it and sent to the own repair center.

Yesterday the nmg2 come back, I ask to the shop what have the machine but the repair center write “here the machine work properly, the usb port is little bit slack” (I don’t belive in this word). When I come back to home the nmg2 work perfectly I try to move the usb for find the problem of “usb port slack” but nothing the nmg2 never lose connection.

What you thing about that? Have idea of what happen to my nmg2? Have idea if the problem come back again for home-repair?

Thanks a lot to all
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

That is an odd story indeed Shocked

(and I assume you did try different cables as well when it did not work)

Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the welcome, of course I try 3 different cable but the story is the same now i have fear of USB....
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does sound like maybe the connection isn't great, why didn't the repair shop solder you a new usb socket onto the board.. one that isn't "slack"?
Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He didn't change the USB because for he the machine work fine hadn't need repair.... Is a F******k Sad
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to make sure, sorry if this was obvious: you're not using a USB hub, are you? The G2 doesn't like hubs.
[Q]

Audio files: 57

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah..

Stefan wrote:
The G2 doesn't like hubs.

[carefully removes usb cable from hub].. Embarassed
Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The g2 is connected directly on one of the motherboard USB port
The strange thing is the g2 don't work on my pc, go to the shop and connect to another pc with the same os win xp and work.... Really strange!
brunov

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe it has something to do with your windows xp, since it always does work in the shop.

On my old xp machine I had some trouble with usb because the windows usb stack was corrupt after a virus attack.

Antimon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should say it's ok to have a hub connected to the PC, as long as you don't connect the G2 to it.

Too bad that wasn't the problem your problem Bruce, your problems sounded very similar to those I had myself before I started plugging the cable directly into the computer... have you tried all the ports on your PC?

Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok guys i decide to open my g2x by myself, i have see was changed the famous isp1881bddg (U24) and another component marked "6.000M E 5465A" (Y2)(when i come back to work search much more information about this component) the welding on that 2 components are really fresh!! if you want i attached a photo of this (how i can make it?).

brunov wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with your windows xp, since it always does work in the shop.

On my old xp machine I had some trouble with usb because the windows usb stack was corrupt after a virus attack.

i think i am affected by this f....g virus!! searching on internet i have found some tipical problem i have when plug HD!i have read normal antivirus don't find that, how i can remove that from my pc and all the pendrive?
another question is normal under the "device manager" find the "Clavia 32-bit USB driver" marked with exlamation point??
for now i don't plug my g2.....
brunov

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think you have to worry that a virus will infect your g2.

But when there''s an exlamation mark showing at the clavia driver then the driver isn't correctly installed or there might be some problem with the usb stack.

I would try to reinstall the clavia driver. Maybe it's a good idea to do that in "safe mode" as is explained here : http://www.usbman.com/Guides/Cleanup%20Device%20Manager%20Safe%20Mode.htm

Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now clavia 32 bit driver is ok thanks Smile
are you sure the virus can't damage the working of usb port?
brunov

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Viruses are written for specific operating systems. There are many Viruses written for xp, so these Viruses can certainly corrupt the xp installation on your pc, including the usb drivers.

But the g2 has it's own operating system, and fortunately a virus written for xp can't work in a g2 os.

But maybe your problem has nothing to do with a virus. I hope you can use your g2 again.

veta

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just out of curiosity, what is the problem with using a g2 with a usb hub? i've always used mine with a hub.

i will occasionally get a 'major error' or 'lost connection' message in the editor, but if i quit & restart the app everything is back to normal. didn't know a hub could cause potential damage to the hardware, tho.
Antimon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

veta wrote:
just out of curiosity, what is the problem with using a g2 with a usb hub? i've always used mine with a hub.

i will occasionally get a 'major error' or 'lost connection' message in the editor, but if i quit & restart the app everything is back to normal. didn't know a hub could cause potential damage to the hardware, tho.

I'm not sure there has to be a problem for everyone. I connected to a hub in the beginning, which worked fine for a month or two, then it stopped working - I couldn't use the editor in a practical way because it kept losing the connection. Reading around, I saw that people had problems connecting the G2 through hubs, so I tried putting it directly into one of the MacBook's USB slots, which made it work again.

iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are sure it is just your pc that has the problem, then why not backup your important files. Format the harddrives and reinstall xp and try again. That will get rid of the virus and probably and corruptions if there are any.

Or if you have one format and install xp to a spare s harddrive and just try it that way.

dasz

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 56

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have gotten the occasional USB lost connection with the editor (only when it is running), every few months on a win xp machine. Rebooting the computer or logging out and loggin back it often fixes the problem. And then it doesn't happen for a long time...

Regarding USB hubs, I've been using an expensive belkin hub that comes with a giant power supply nd drives about 10 USB devices in my studio including my 2 Nord g2's. I tried cheaper ones and they always lost contact, but this one has been very dependable ... Just my $0.02
Bruce2008

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First time I using the g2 was connected to a hub and have some time the problem of lose connection, read on this forum to connected it on a principal USB port, and the problem remain but very little time until when the g2 start and reinstall for his self the drive and don't work! When come this problem I try to connect the g2 on the Mac but is the same never work.... Now I have clean my pc Wink and for now ( only 3 days never come the problem of lose connection), I think when start the problem of auotoreinstall driver the U24 start to broken. But was really strange the fact of on my 2 pc and Mac don't work and On the pc of shop work ( the first time, the second was ko for both me and shop). Is possible is really the port of g2 is little bit old and lose connection? But if is that why for now work?
Bruce2008

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi guys bad news.... 2 days ago the g2 start again with "usb not recognized", i unplug it and with a needle i move up the 4 pin of the usb port type B of the nord. replug the usb and work. after that i think ok is the usb port, yesterday i go to RS and take a new usb port type b for mountig.
@work unsolder the old port and solder the new.
arrive @ home plug my g2 and nothingh don't work Sad i play with the usb cable and start to work, if i pull the cable a little bit up work if don't pull lose connection Shocked
change the cable and use the original of the g2 all work fine Shocked
try to plug and unplug (with unit turn off) maximum 10 time and after the 10 the restart the hell of "usb not recognized"...... Sad
i go out for dinner, come back to home move up again the 4 pin of g2 usb port plug the original cable and.... WORK
im still shocked the usb port is new and i have problem with connection....
guys what the hell is that???? idea??
tiptaptempo

G2 patch files: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: G2x problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I've also a problem of usb contact with a G2x, i read about your problem, does it work clear now ?
tiptaptempo

G2 patch files: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: issue
Subject description: could be this
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hej,

After hard reading the bug forum, the communauty says that downgrade to synthesiser OS 1.40 with the editor 1.62 might be the key.

Read this, all the older versions are in this post
http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-32310.html&highlight=
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: