electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Step Seq FX mashup
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
wheely

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Step Seq FX mashup Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone made a patch that takes audio in, and using a step sequencer, it sends the audio signal off to different fx modules.. bit like dbglitch, effectrix, stutter edit etc.

cheers.
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my SoundLab II you can find a few. Here's one. Just skip the VA part and get your audio-in in the FX part.
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-359532.html#359532
You can add audio to fx modules and put them into a sequencer controlled multiplexer.
wheely

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cheers Roland, ill take a look at that tonight.
wheely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Roland, having a little difficulty with the patch. pretty new to this. I have audio goin into the patch, but not sure what u mean by seq multiplexor.
Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

See my last post here:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-362558.html#362558
Mux module is a multiplexer.
wheely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see, so all the signals are summed or split from the mux?

how can i adapt this, so that instead of the sequencer putting out kick and snr to the oscs, the seq instead automates the fx modules, so like on say on number 5 it send to the feedback delay, and when it hits number 15 it send to reverb etc.

thanks.
Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Split, the Mux is a switch module. And there is a Mux with variable x-fade.
A fading switch.
Your question is not clear for me.
Do you mean, instead the drums in the VA part, get audio through it?
Just change the FX-in module by an Audio-in module. Delete the VA part.
wheely

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i mean, feeding audio into it like a drum loop, but the step seq triggers different fx as it moves along. its prob me not explaining very well, sorry. Smile
anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are 2 patches that do what you like. FX switcher is switching a 1-8 multiplexer to send an input signal to one of 8 destinations. You can put more interesting effects in, I just took some delays from another patch and 4 random default FX. You could use a control sequencer instead of a pattern generator, of course. Or use 2 multiplexers and two pattern switchers or whatever...this is not an interesting-sounding patch yet Embarassed For a glitchy sound make the delay times much shorter

Random Clock delay is something I was already working on today, it randomly sw3itches between 4 clocked delays. The switches don't have a control input so we assign a MIDI controller to the 4-way switch unit and send a control value to 'this' slot, ie back into the same patch. (This is a very useful trick for automating anything in the NM that does not have a control input.) It's good to keep the feedback at zero and the delay units at 100% wet so the signal does not become a mess.

Note that you need to check which inputs are being used. I was adding effects to another patch sent via the internal bus signal when I made the delay patch. Also, you could do all this in reverse - feed the input signal to a variety of different effects and then use an 9-1 multiplexer to switch between them as Roland suggests (the crossfade facility on the 8-1 multiplexer ensures you won't get annoying clicks when switching around).

FX Switcher.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FX Switcher.pch2
 Filesize:  1.86 KB
 Downloaded:  3880 Time(s)

Random Clock Delay AB.pch2
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Random Clock Delay AB.pch2
 Filesize:  1.51 KB
 Downloaded:  3891 Time(s)

Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="anigbrowl"]Random Clock delay is something I was already working on today, it randomly sw3itches between 4 clocked delays. quote]

I have a much more economical way for Delay-time switching. But I'm in the train now. I will look it up for you.
wheely

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah nice wan, i see how this works now, cool, ill have a mess around, cheers guys.
anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roland Kuit wrote:
I have a much more economical way for Delay-time switching. But I'm in the train now. I will look it up for you.

Yes, this one is very wasteful of memory; as there's no feedback it would be much better to modulate the delay time; I just threw it together quickly for a patch that was already playing in a different slot. I will be interested to see yours, though!
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: