electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Ray Bradbury has died
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Ray Bradbury has died Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.suntimes.com/news/13011351-761/author-ray-bradbury-a-waukegan-native-dies-at-91.html

It's a sad day.

DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It truly is. Every couple of years I read the Martian Chronicles and watch the movie.
Oskar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the finest writers ever. He was among the first to make Sci-fi and related genres a "grown-up" genre... His work lives on.
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasn't aware The Martian Chronicles was a film mini-series. I've put that in my Netflix queue. Then I found Chrysalis. Then Netflix suggested a whole bunch of cheesy SciFi (nope, I REUFSE to spell it SyFy) channel flicks that are far beneath the notice of anything Bradbury touched.
DES

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like the 'B' SciFi movies! My son bought a SciFi collection for me years ag .... something like 100 - 200 SciFi movies. It's funny how you can see some different movies using the same props ad sets....even scenes from other movies..
audiodef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just noticed that last night. The set for "Madacorp" in Kyle XY looks the same as the 4400 HQ in the beginning of season 2. They just changed the wall panels from blue to tan. Maybe it's an actuall building somewhere.
DES

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
I wasn't aware The Martian Chronicles was a film mini-series. I've put that in my Netflix queue. Then I found Chrysalis. Then Netflix suggested a whole bunch of cheesy SciFi (nope, I REUFSE to spell it SyFy) channel flicks that are far beneath the notice of anything Bradbury touched.

Darn, I was looking for the MC on Netflix - thought I saw them there before, and last night couldn't find them at all. Sad Even the search feature came up empty. I'll have to search for Chrysalis and see what comes up....

bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I just noticed that last night. The set for "Madacorp" in Kyle XY looks the same as the 4400 HQ in the beginning of season 2. They just changed the wall panels from blue to tan. Maybe it's an actuall building somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Centre_for_the_Performing_Arts

it is Smile

-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh dear Sad ... That is a shame. I bought a book of short stories of his a couple of months back and really enjoyed it, particularly the Martian stories. Nobody did Mars like he did.
audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DES wrote:
audiodef wrote:

Darn, I was looking for the MC on Netflix - thought I saw them there before, and last night couldn't find them at all. Sad Even the search feature came up empty. I'll have to search for Chrysalis and see what comes up....

Peep this: http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/The-Martian-Chronicles-Disc-1/70002487?trkid=226871

audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bubzy wrote:
Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Centre_for_the_Performing_Arts

it is Smile

Neat! Smile

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: