electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Triggering drum patches from another computer..
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
wheely

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Triggering drum patches from another computer.. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im trying to send GM Drum midi to the G2 from ableton on another computer.
Ive loaded a drum patch with various drum modules, deleted the sequencers, and added the midi input module that allows you to select what midi note is coming in, i.e C1 kick, D1 Snare etc. When i hook each midi module to each drum module and select the correct note, all i get is the same module playing all the midi notes...?? can anyone give me some advice please.

chars.
wheely

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or even better still.... post me an example of a working template.. Smile
General Elektrick

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, are you using the NoteZone Module for this? If not check the help section of this module and see the application example below the module description...

"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need a bunch MIDI Note Receive modules.
The Midi Note Receive module reads incoming midi notes, velocity and gate signals. For every drum module you need a separate Note Receive module.
Trig out of this module to trig in of a drum module. Velocity out to Velocity in of the drum module. If you have created your own drum stuff, Trig and velocity out to the Envelope Generators in. With Note, you select which GM trig you need.
wheely

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Roland, This is what i tried before, Midi note receive, take the yellow gate out to the yellow trig on drum module.. and vel out to vel in on drum module. but i get nothing. Sad so i loaded a simple 808 kit and did the same, and its working now! so it must have been something in the patch i was using before..?? But, im sending out on C1, D1, E1 in ableton, yet in the note receive module, it wants it to be C2, D2, E2... its not a problem tho.

cheers!
wheely

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ general elektrik - i have not tried that module yet, will have a look. thanks Smile
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: