electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
monolog: a sound a day for the nord modular
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
taylor12k

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: monolog: a sound a day for the nord modular Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure if this has been mentioned here, but an artist i know has been doing 'a sound a day" on his nord modular.. and it's highly impressive work. it's now a huge archive of 200+ sounds... as he's taught himself the NM (1) and learned an incredible amount through the year..

sounds are so beautiful.. .please have a look and listen:

http://www.mono-log.org/
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, interesting project!

looking at own patch folder now - hmm, well I've at least patched a couple each month this year Laughing

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh and I just saw that Marttin signed up for the forums too, so welcome Martin.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!
sneakthief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This would be much cooler if the patches were posted...
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agreed.
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Moize

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all

Thanks for the warm welcome, and glad some of you are enjoying it.

I hear you about the patches, but just to clarify on why the patches are not free:

Although I am not against sharing some patches, I can't unfortunately post them for anyone/everyone to download.

I really wish to keep tabs on who has what, and through interacting with people be able to share experiences, emails, methods etc.

I feel a free and easy download removes all that. I don't know who has what or what they might do with it.

Another main reason is that many of these patches are sketches for future work/tracks and not patches to create with, such as a synth patch or drum machine for example. Already some patches have been the starting point for releases and so again I need to be careful about this :)

Also some people have just taken the free patches I have emailed only for me to never hear from them again, which is a shame and a bit disrespectful.

However, I would like to share some patches for sure as it is really a great way to learn and so I have done some patches that are more synths or emulations and have shared these where I can.

I have shared some of these on the 12k forum and to individuals who have asked, and mostly this has been great.

Specifically I was working on a TR909 and TR606 emulations/variations, which are really rough but I am more than happy to share these if you would like them? :)

I totally agree from a visitors perspective, having 200+ Nord Modular patches would be amazing, all that music as Nord patches wow :)
…but realistically it isn't going to happen, at least not for a long while yet.

Perhaps in the future when I have used them for work/releases I will happily share them, but for now I am really sorry, but I am happy to hear from you on here or email to chat about it :)

If you have any ideas, suggestions please feel free to share them as I want to get the most out of it, and have other s get the most out of it too.

Really thanks for making me feel so welcome and I hope to stick around :)

secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thought i'd chime in and say how inspiring your blog has been to me.
Were it not for your blog I probably would not have understood the depth of flexibility available in these magical devices.

I've had a Micro Modular for a little over a month and am totally sold on the approach they have taken. I've used Vaz Modular, Reaktor, Tassman and KarmaFX and i'm thinking it's time to be monastic, get away from the constant lcd glare, focus on one synth and really learn to use it. I have a G1 Rack coming my way this week to add to the family. Can't wait!
Moize

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: ok they are free now :) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all

I just thought I would message here, as some of you wanted my patches from my mono-log.org blog, and although a fair few years later, I have now posted them up on github. Some 720 of them.

Enjoy.

M

https://github.com/sm-ll/nord-modular-g1-patches

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool
gandlar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: ok they are free now :) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moize wrote:
Hey all

I just thought I would message here, as some of you wanted my patches from my mono-log.org blog, and although a fair few years later, I have now posted them up on github. Some 720 of them.

Enjoy.

M

https://github.com/sm-ll/nord-modular-g1-patches

thank you very much for these Smile the question, im not in my studio now: are these patches usable on Micro Modular?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: