electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Mountain Lion and G2 Software
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't trust that cpu meter if multicore/multiprocessor support is turned on in Live, better to check with activity monitor.

I don't think RME have release their Mountain Lion drivers yet but Lion is supported, I am using the lion RME drivers on Mountain Lion and they seem to work fine to me.

There really shouldn't be much difference between cpu usage from SL to lion as the kernel has not changed much, Lion had enhancements for multi core stuff so should perform a small amount better than SL.

Your new machine should be much much faster than your old 13" i5, especially with that much ram.
xav

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
I wouldn't trust that cpu meter if multicore/multiprocessor support is turned on in Live, better to check with activity monitor.

I can try my machine with monitor, but those are result in a forum, and I don't have the opportunity to tes bost systems by myself.
BobTheDog wrote:

I don't think RME have release their Mountain Lion drivers yet but Lion is supported, I am using the lion RME drivers on Mountain Lion and they seem to work fine to

I'll try Mountain Lion.
BobTheDog wrote:

Your new machine should be much much faster than your old 13" i5, especially with that much ram.

Especially now, because the old one is dead Smile
But it seems the diference is not what it could be. 29-30%cpu load to 21-24%... in ableton display (you are right, it should be better to test with monitor... and to see the influence of the quad cores... Maybe it's really better to handle a lot of tracks. The main diference was between C2Duo and Sandy Bridge! I think Cpu load isn't the most important. I wish I had a very stable computer without any audio dropout. That's still not the case with Ableton, but it's maybe more a soft problem. I tried Cubase, Logic and especially Reaper with very good results.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gradually going of live, it seems to require much larger buffer sizes than anything else.

Turning off multiprocessor allows you to get the latency down but then you run out of CPU, catch 22.

I'm hoping that bitwig will be a bit more performant or maybe ableton could do some recoding for the more recent processors.
xav

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

Turning off multiprocessor allows you to get the latency down but then you run out of CPU, catch 22.

I'm hoping that bitwig will be a bit more performant or maybe ableton could do some recoding for the more recent processors.

I didn't know that. I'm also waiting for bitwig!
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Roland Kuit wrote:
And this trick from Luca Capozi?
http://www.progsounds.com/blog/nord-modular-g2-demo-on-osx-lion
Ok, it says Demo, maybe it works for the editor too.

No Audio... Sad

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fwiw, although not brilliant, the G2 demo works okay in WINE, and on WinOnX (which essentially wine for £3 on the Appstore).
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
eXisteNz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: capozzi's method Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everbody,
I did some tests and the problem is that new WineBottler versions includes a release of Wine that won’t let our G2 Demo to detect audio card. I’ve uploaded 1.2.3 version of WineBottler and linked it on this tutorial. Please download this version: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27439691/WineBottlerCombo_1.2.3.dmg
xav

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you eXisteNz,
Did you also tried to install brunov's open source editor with this WineBottler?
Page 2 of 2 [33 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: