electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
MINICV
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
El Mop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: MINICV Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does somebody have experience with this?

http://www.midi-hardware.com/forums.html?section=prod_info&product=MINIcv
philoop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject:  minicv
Subject description: minicv
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i can recommand you MINICV i build 2 of them into my CS15 and worx fine
good support also

inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i just finished mine and built it into a stand alone box. works great and highly recommended. videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJDF8M5dQw0&feature=share&list=UUcAj7sBo6lOdzkvqhiXeQHg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD7CY5uzsys&feature=share&list=UUcAj7sBo6lOdzkvqhiXeQHg

El Mop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you at first.
I got a noob question:
The MINICV makes nearly perfect !V/Oct at 100K load. I build a synth based on the SLMS but with three oscillator. Each oscillators CV-input got a load of 100K. So I end up with 300K CV input.
Will this work, too? Or is there maybe thinking mistake by me?
El Mop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To make my question a bit clearer.
Do I need a MINICV for each VCO or will one do it for all VCOs regardless of how much the synth has?
donpachi

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I understand, the MINICV is a single channel device. This means that you can only get one CV and one gate signal from it. However, you could apply the CV to all of your three VCOs (by means of a multiple). If the multiple is buffered, you do not need to worry about load; I think this is your concern if I understood correctly. By the way, if using a passive multiple, the load on the MINICV should be 100K/3 for three VCOs with 100K inputs.

If this is not what you want, you could get a multi-channel MIDI-to-CV device which has more CV and gate outputs.
El Mop

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That answered my question.
Thanks a lot!
alieneYe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you could also build one of these voltage distributors then you would have no probs running 3 VCO with one CV drive

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/forums.html?MAINTAB=SYNTHDIY&PROJARG=OLDIESBUTGOODIES/VOLTAGEMIXER/voltagedist1.html&VPW=1426&VPH=622
El Mop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you!
The link doesn´t work but I found it on the MFOS-site.
Maybe you get the link working for the following guys that have that problem either.
alieneYe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

workin for me, but for those it is not working for, you'll just head to the synth-diy tab on mfos site, scroll down to MFOS oldies but goodies, and choose voltage distributor #1 or #2

i've built a few of #2 myself and they work great
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » MusicFromOuterSpace.com designs by Ray Wilson
Jump to: