electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Arduino
My Due just arrived
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: My Due just arrived Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"I love the smell of an Arm running at 84MHZ, in the morning" Smile
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Cappy !

Lots of power there !!! What are your plans for such a little beast?
Had you hit this thing with power yet and check it out ! Should be interesting to see how fast it can plow through "float" data computations. Wonder how it will compare to the PIC32 based ChipKit Arduino boards? Wink

http://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en-us/chipKIT-Development-Platform.html

Bill
cappy2112

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Hey Cappy !

Had you hit this thing with power yet and check it out ! Should be interesting to see how fast it can plow through "float" data computations. Wonder how it will compare to the PIC32 based ChipKit Arduino boards? Wink

http://www.microchip.com/pagehandler/en-us/chipKIT-Development-Platform.html

Bill

No immediate plans. I bought it for a future project at work, in case the
16MHZ Uno isn't fast enough. Better to have a solution on hand, before a problem arises, than vice-versa. I had the Dueomilenove sitting in my drawer for 4 years, before I needed to use it Wink

The Uno only has 2 HW interrupt lines, my first project required that I OR in 6 signals into one of those lines. It worked ok, but was a lot of extra wiring. I didn't know about the PinChange interrupt library at that time.

The Due has more HW interrupt lines, well it has a lot more of everything Wink

The PicChip version looks interesting. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

I'm also interested in the Due, because I want to learn more about the Arm architecture. We use Arm for most products where I work.

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No immediate plans. I bought it for a future project at work, in case the
16MHZ Uno isn't fast enough. Better to have a solution on hand, before a problem arises, than vice-versa. I had the Dueomilenove sitting in my drawer for 4 years, before I needed to use it

Makes good sense and also subscribe to the way you do things. I have had some FPGA and Coolrunner CPLD development boards for over two years laying around and now I am finally developing some stuff on them. Its good to have stuff on hand.

Quote:
The Uno only has 2 HW interrupt lines, my first project required that I OR in 6 signals into one of those lines. It worked ok, but was a lot of extra wiring. I didn't know about the PinChange interrupt library at that time.

The Due has more HW interrupt lines, well it has a lot more of everything

I see, and it seems a great bargain for all that power ! Cool

Quote:
I'm also interested in the Due, because I want to learn more about the Arm architecture. We use Arm for most products where I work.

Knowledge IS power my friend. The ARM is probably one of the most popular embedded processors now a days. I had studied the MIPS architecture for a while personally and have not done much with the ARM. The PIC32 is based on MIPS core architecture with a boat load of hardware modules glued to it. Laughing

Have fun and I am sure we will see something grow out of the Due one day soon.

Bill
cappy2112

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
Hey Cappy !

Had you hit this thing with power yet and check it out !

Bill

I plugged in my Due today, I'm quite disappointed that the IDE isn't very far along. One needs a special beta version of the IDE to work with the Due.

I was hoping to see how fast I could make the I/O lines toggle using digitalWrite() vs direct port I/O.

When I launched the IDE, it crashed- at least on 32-Bit XP SP3.

I may try W7 if I get time this week.

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I plugged in my Due today, I'm quite disappointed that the IDE isn't very far along. One needs a special beta version of the IDE to work with the Due.

Wow, too bad. The Arduino IDE in all cases is very limited and stripped down and has virtualy no visibility into your codes operation. Definately not a comprehensive IDE like MPLAB for example but hell, it had to be written for visual artsists and folks new to MCU's to, not professinal programmers and hardware engineers ... lol. And its FREE !! yay !!

Quote:
When I launched the IDE, it crashed- at least on 32-Bit XP SP3.
I may try W7 if I get time this week.

Seems a glaring error man. Intersted to see if the W7 will work for you Wink The laptop I do all my programming on is W7 based so this is of special interest to me.

OK, awaiting your results Very Happy
Bill
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Arduino
Jump to: