electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
New synth for iPad from Waldorf
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: New synth for iPad from Waldorf Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/03/new-ipad-synth-from-waldorf-and.html
XCenter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mmh, where is the news? The article at Matrixsynth is a year old... Question
Music for conscious listening @ http://www.fmdelight.de/
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCenter wrote:

Sorry. I guess I'm a bit behind

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
XCenter wrote:

Sorry. I guess I'm a bit behind

Laughing

Given Waldorf's track record, you are fine! Very Happy

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are we sure this same synth didn't turn out to be PPG Wavegenerator?

Some old stuff on VIRB
XCenter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:

Yep, TempoRubatos has nothing to do w/ the Wavegenerator. The PPG stuff is from Wolfgang Palm himself.

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCenter wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Yep, TempoRubatos has nothing to do w/ the Wavegenerator. The PPG stuff is from Wolfgang Palm himself.

I guess TempoRubatos has a problem on his hands - how to explain what his synth has to offer that the PPG apps do not.

Some old stuff on VIRB
XCenter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:
I guess TempoRubatos has a problem on his hands - how to explain what his synth has to offer that the PPG apps do not.

Maybe that´s the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BL18HQS_jlE

It´s alive!
The comments in the vid are in german, but there is enough to see and listen to. Smile

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

XCenter wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:

Maybe that´s the answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BL18HQS_jlE

It´s alive!
The comments in the vid are in german, but there is enough to see and listen to. Smile

12 minutes of talking and not even one sound demo.

Tell your friend Rolf to hurry up. Wink

Some old stuff on VIRB
XCenter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:
12 minutes of talking and not even one sound demo.

Yep, my vault. Sorry. I´ve seen too many vids from the Messe, maybe messed it up with the Pulse 2 video. Embarassed

Some bits from the talking:
two Wavetable OSC, one add. VA OSC, multiple filter modes, two LFOs, mod matrix, big FX section, 4 track recorder, Audiobus tatata...
Wavetables will be editable, using advanced touch GUI. Audiofiles can be imported and resynthesized. Several ways to create randomized waveforms.
Vocal synth built in.

I don´t know Rolf Laughing , but he pointed out that the app is in Beta phase.
Estimated price is s.th. around 20,- $.

XCenter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the heck... another german vid without sound demos. Rolling Eyes

But the GUI is much better presented here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNNR0gSGWY&feature=player_embedded

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At long last! Audio demos!!!

http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/sound-demos.html

Some old stuff on VIRB
XCenter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The manual is online as well: http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/nave-downloads/938-manuals.html
XCenter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And it´s available for 12 $: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nave/id596036905?mt=8

It´s a full-scale Waldorf wavetable synth ported to the iPad. Very much pinned to the point of the synthesis. Nothing groundbreaking, but the soundquality is top notch and the GUI is catching. Great app for the price. I toyed around with the presets and tweaked filter and fx so far and like it a lot. Fine job done. Very Happy

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I neglected to mention its on sale at an introductory price that will eventually rise to $20, but then again, it seems more IOS musos have moved on from here to other forums.

This is one app that actually lives up to the hype, imo. Some folks are having tons of fun just playing with the speech synth section of this app.

Some old stuff on VIRB
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are wondering who the hell the programmer called "Tom Fenn" is, well like Andy Capon discovered, that Tom Fenn is me!

Richard Devine, another regular electro-music.com'er added some fine patches too. I love Nave. It's a brilliant bit of programming. Full marks and congrats go out to Rolf and Stefan for producing such a fine app. Smile

Tom

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
ejr27233

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Tom

Your Ligeti patch is fantastic.

Are you planning to release any more patches?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi ejr27233

Thanks for the nice words! I was only really messing around with Nave. It can be a little annoying with just a sine wave to start with, because it's like "shit! What now??", but its interface at least isn't as daunting as many others I've played with.

I may make some more patches, but the problem is that it eats into what valuable time I've got for making music, and many of the patches I make, I want to keep for myself! Wink

Tom

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's an impressive app that's for sure, a definite time drainer.
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
If you are wondering who the hell the programmer called "Tom Fenn" is, well like Andy Capon discovered, that Tom Fenn is me!

Richard Devine, another regular electro-music.com'er added some fine patches too. I love Nave. It's a brilliant bit of programming. Full marks and congrats go out to Rolf and Stefan for producing such a fine app. Smile

Tom

Brilliant patches, sir! Truly an inspirational app - easily my fave of all the IOS synth apps I've tried.

Say, you didn't make any Audulus patches too, did ya?

Some old stuff on VIRB
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite a few very cool patches in there Tom,kudos!
Are there any other apps or synths you've programmed for?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't made any Audulus patches, no. I downloaded Audulus, but then regretted it. It ain't no Jasuto Pro or TC-11.

I think we're getting rather spoilt for synths on iOS. There has to be that time when one must actually stop and write a song! I still spend most of my time in Nanostudio (I absolutely **love** Nanostudio!). Sometimes switching to Nave to get sounds to copy/paste over.

I'm not entirely convinced with Audiobus either. I find it annoying having to switch screens all the time, but the recent announcement from Apple about internal core audio and looks interesting.

Here's something I did in Nanostudio for a competition recently. It won. There's actually a better more to date version now, without the 808-style beats, but I'm saving that for my LP. Smile

https://soundcloud.com/tom-tm/there-will-come-soft-rains

BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audulus looks quite interesting, whats the problem with it?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO, Audulus slow and lumpy. Even on my iPad 4. Try it.

I just feel it should perhaps have stayed on OSX. If you compare it with say TC-11, you'll get the gist of what I'm saying.

Andy, please code a polyrhythmic stochastic drum machine that outputs MID files!!

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the Nanostudio contest win, Tom! Just listened to the track - well deserved!

I got Audulus when I noticed the price drop from $14.99 to $9.99. That's still the current price. I prefer the user experience of Audulus to that of Jasuto - usual disclaimer about personal taste applies here. Wink I don't have Tom's patching skills though and am not as much of a threat to create a massive patch to really test Audulus' performance. However, Audulus for me has been overshadowed by Nave - the most inspiring synth app I've gotten in a while, thanks to great patches from Tom and others.

Audiobus is great for the ability to pop Audioshare into the recording slot and easily capture any and all meanderings I do on the iPad into a file which can then be easily transfered to Soundcloud, DropBox, or whatever. I can also pop Yellofier in there for easy sampling and auto-slicing. The third app that I found fun to use with Audiobus is Turnado - it can for example transform sequenced audio coming out of iMS-20 in fun and unxpected ways.

I haven't gotten TC-11 yet because I'm trying to control the rate at which I acquire synth apps. Thus for that reason I also have not acquired Thor, which is the other shiny new (though old in the PC world) hot synth app. I can only devote so much time to each app, let alone my hardware devices, while also sparing time to actually make music too!

Some old stuff on VIRB
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: