electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
The Modular Chronicles
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
thezodiac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: The Modular Chronicles
Subject description: A concept
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone !

I hope this doesn't sound spammy as there is nothing worse !

As of yesterday I started a modular synth project on Kickstarter. It is a concept series of records that I hope to do that feature various modular synths. Similar the MC-505 album the Beastie Boys made with unknown acts at the time..

If you have a moment to have a look and if it's something that interests you .. pledge it or send to your mates or synth enthusiasts alike.

Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thezodiac/the-modular-chronicles-volume-1

or

themodularchronicles.com

Cheers !

Jim
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems a bit spammy to me. Your only contribution here is to post a request for people to buy you a modular system.

I'll say something positive - you've got a lot of nerve.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thezodiac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Seems a bit spammy to me. Your only contribution here is to post a request for people to buy you a modular system.

I'll say something positive - you've got a lot of nerve.

I can't believe you guys this is why the music business is fucked ! If anyone of you posted up a plee to asking for help with a project I would gladly put 5 quid or more to help you .. But all you can do is criticise me trying to fund my album with your little rooms and computers .. I've been in music for 20 odd years and never had such a small minded response from everyone
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As Mosc pointed out, the issue isn't that you are asking for money to fund your music project. This community is actually great for supporting its members. Some members even have their own sub-forums for selling their products.

The problem is that you are not part of this community.

If you wanted more support, then the smart thing to do would have been to join and participate in discussions and get to know some members here. Then it wouldn't seem like spam when you mention a project that you need help funding.

It isn't what you did, but how you did it. If your only contribution to this community is a post asking for money, then it is considered spam.

thezodiac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cynosure wrote:
As Mosc pointed out, the issue isn't that you are asking for money to fund your music project. This community is actually great for supporting its members. Some members even have their own sub-forums for selling their products.

The problem is that you are not part of this community.

If you wanted more support, then the smart thing to do would have been to join and participate in discussions and get to know some members here. Then it wouldn't seem like spam when you mention a project that you need help funding.

It isn't what you did, but how you did it. If your only contribution to this community is a post asking for money, then it is considered spam.

Thanks so much man for explaining.. It sounds stupid but I am very new to the whole forum thing ... I basically was thinking the best way to help the project was to post on forums and I signed up to numerous electro forums to post my project idea .. But as I have come to discover the insults and abuse I have received from nearly every forum is quite exceptional hence my reaction ... I apologise to everyone in the forum if this has been an abuse of the rules.
Thanks again for explaining.... I hope to find a way to gain some interest in my mad ideas. But obviously this is the wrong route Smile all the best Jim x
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for understanding. Also, feel free to stick around and post on the forums or visit the chat room. There are lots of people here who have modular synths, and many of them who even build their own modules. It is a great resource for information.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers!

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I apologize for my rudeness. I was quite a bit out of line in my response to you.

I have learned a lesson: never get on the forum after you've just spent 3 hours in the chair of your dentist. It tends to put you into a rather grumpy mood.

I'm sorry

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Opportunities Wanted and Available
Jump to: