electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Problem with patcon & long pathnames
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Problem with patcon & long pathnames Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is mostly for Jan- but I think will be usefull to all.

I have downloaded some of Kees' old patches, which were saved in the 2.01 editor. When I ran patcon, it prompts me for the location of the NM editor, which is under a "long pathname" path

Patcon didn't like this path, so I 'm unable to convert the patches at the moment.

I don't think the NM Editor 3.03 gives me the choice where to install it, so I let it go at the default, which is under Program Files.

Is there a workaround for this ?

thanks

PS Speaking of Kees, is he still on this list- or would someone mind sending me his email address ?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PatCon, yes I did that one ...

What do you mean by "doesn't like long path names", what happens, I see no problems here.

You can always convert to 2.10 without the need to use the NM editor from within patcon, and then load the 2.10 patches into the 3.03 editor manually.

Jan.
cappy2112

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
PatCon, yes I did that one ...

What do you mean by "doesn't like long path names", what happens, I see no problems here.

You can always convert to 2.10 without the need to use the NM editor from within patcon, and then load the 2.10 patches into the 3.03 editor manually.

Jan.

When I click on Convert patch to 301, it opens a dialogue prompting me for the location of the editor. When I paste the path to the editor in the dialogue, and click on convert, it keeps promting me for the location of the editor. It doenst give me any indication if the conversion finished, but when I click convert, just prompts for the editor path.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You must include in the path the name of the editor's executable, i.e it must end in somthing like "... .exe"

Jan.
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure Kees' Patches are in the archive, converted to V3.03

Wout
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with patcon & long pathnames Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
PS Speaking of Kees, is he still on this list- or would someone mind sending me his email address ?

Sure he is.
There is a little party tomorrow and Jan or Rob or Kassen or Roland or me will ask him to contact you...

Wout
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
You must include in the path the name of the editor's executable, i.e it must end in somthing like "... .exe"

Jan.

I've done that. I've copied the complete path from the shortcut, and pasted it right into the program.
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wout Blommers wrote:
I'm sure Kees' Patches are in the archive, converted to V3.03

Wout

Perhaps- but the patches I've got from the archive are in 2.01 format
Wout Blommers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cappy2112 wrote:
Perhaps- but the patches I've got from the archive are in 2.01 format

Can you give me a name of a Patch?

Wout
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When you copied it from the shortcut you should delete the surrounding quotes.

Jan.
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
When you copied it from the shortcut you should delete the surrounding quotes.

Jan.

That was the second thing I tried.

I don't really want to run the editor from the program, just want to convert the patches.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no need to run the editor, when you hit the convert all patches or the convert single patch to 2.10 button the editor wont be started.

The 3.03 editor/synth can read in 2.10 patches.

I've got no further clues as to why it wont work, it does its job here, sorry.

Jan.
cappy2112

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
There is no need to run the editor, when you hit the convert all patches or the convert single patch to 2.10 button the editor wont be started.

The 3.03 editor/synth can read in 2.10 patches.

I've got no further clues as to why it wont work, it does its job here, sorry.
Jan.

I am not trying to run the editor, I just want to convert patches. But the program prompts me for the editor name, so I entered it.

I am using version 3.03- and it is complaining about the 2.01 patch format. This is why I tried to use it.

In the convert all feature- which format will it convert to?
THe convert single buttons all have a version number onthem.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, let me try to guide you.

First of all :

Quote:
PatCon is a Nord Modular patch conversion tool, it can convert all pre 2.10 patches into 2.10 format. Patches in 2.10 format are readable by the 3.0x version of the editor.

Before using this tool you should backup your patch files (as the patches are converted in situ).

After having realized this proceed in the following way :

1. Start PatCon

2. In the leftmost column select the drive and the folder where the patches are that you want to convert.

3. In the 2nd column from the left select all the patches that you want to convert (by using CTRL+click and/or SHIFT+click). Only selected patches will be converted in step 4.

4. Hit the the "convert all patches to 2.10" button, this will convert the patches into 2.10 format.

5. One by one open the patches you just converted to 2.10 in the NM 3.03 editor and save them - they will then be saved in 3.03 format.

Some notes :

[A] When you prefer so you can skip step 5 as 2.10 patches can always be read in in the 3.03 editor.

[B] Ignore any prompts for 3.03 editor software, just cancel them.

[C] When this does not work the patches probably are corrupted or there is another issue that makes PatCon unusable for you or for these particular patches.

[D] When you can't make it work there is an alternative : try to find the Clavia 2.10 Editor software and use that to convert the patches from 2.01 to 2.10. This is the "official" way to handle patch conversions.

[E] I'can't help you finding the 2.10 editor.

Jan.
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: