electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » How-tos
Label ideas
Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: Label ideas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have an idea.

If we move ahead with the label/co-op, how about making a promotional CD, a compilation of sorts, of collaborations between the artists involved? Xeroid Entity, for example, already embodies this spirit, and it could be a promising project to help in getting this thing off the ground. Would anyone be interested in pursuing such a project? I would. I think it would be fun and beneficial. Just an idea. Any thoughts?

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we have bee talking about a sampler for some months now.

I guess now that the Xeroids are back from the tour, we continue the discussion. ( xeroids
... probably not pronounced steroids..)

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Cyx is suggesting more than just a sampler, but an actual collaboration? Do you mean by sending files back and forth and adding parts?
Or maybe others who live in the same vicinity can get together.
I'm willing to collaborate with others around here, but I'm only interested in real-time stuff, not file swapping. Though it would be interesting to see what kinds of output would result from various combinations of people!
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it would be an enjoyable effort. Hell, you and I could team up as Hemroid Identity and throw down a stupid fresh jam.

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I meant collaborative efforts, by whatever means, be it live, piece-by-piece remotely, etc. Basicly implementing the community mentality that I think most, if not all, of us are interested in pursuing with this co-op/label. A compilation of our own independent works would be cool, but wouldn't embody that spirit nearly so much. That would also be much more cliche. I think there would be something unique about the album being, in and of itself, an original work, specifically for this purpose, as a collaborative effort between the participating air-teests in the movement.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think so? I think it could be alot of fun.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I discussed doing some joint songs once with Carlo. We will do that.. eventually. I guess it is me that has been way to slow. Too busy. He works mainly with midi I guess, and I work with audio files.. but that is really not a problem. I can print out the sheet music for the parts which are messy.

Greg mentioned that the Xeroids will visit Europe soon, so this time I could be a little more prepared and bring some working gear for a jam or two. BTW: You seen that finnish movie: Stalingrad Cowboys go America"?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that the flavours of the artists, ahem, air-teests, here are diverse enough to yield some interesting results, but not so much as to cause problems, with regards to colabs. I generally work in midi for composition, but with Sonar, can work with midi and audio side by side, not even needing to be locked into a specific tempo. We are so spread out that there are the usual logistical challenges, but I think that with the right motivation, this would not be a problem for some. We are so varied in technique and functionality, as well as in preference and in utility, it's enticing.

I have not seen Stalingrad Cowboys go America, but I am aware of it. Isn't it vaguely Spinal Tapish, but less... spoof and more idealism?

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I discussed doing some joint songs once with Carlo. We will do that.. eventually. I guess it is me that has been way to slow. Too busy. He works mainly with midi I guess, and I work with audio files.. but that is really not a problem. I can print out the sheet music for the parts which are messy.

send them down here Shocked
midi,aiff.wav,mp3 whatever I'LL FIX IT Very Happy
otherwise we could agree on some kind of variation project:
each one of us could present his/her interpretation of the original "theme"
the entries could enter a contest and possibly be included on an upcoming CD called "electro-music theme and variations op.1"
Am I a show off or what? Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you think of the idea, Seraph?

-Napoleon Dynamite
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
What do you think of the idea, Seraph?

which one, the collaboration thing?
theoretically is fascinating, practically is not easy Very Happy

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had plans once for a Monte Cassino ensemble suite. we could do that one together? And I once sketched a long piece about that mountain path,.., the iron path or whatever... spaced out place.. Italy.. wild.. been there?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
theoretically is fascinating, practically is not easy Very Happy

Very true. I should have my studio reassembled by December 14th, possibly earlier. I can go after that. I suspect the hardest part would be getting started really, and deciding who will be the one to "finish" the piece(es). I think everyone is diverse enough as to enable people to do their own thing within the pieces without running over one another.

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I had plans once for a Monte Cassino ensemble suite. we could do that one together? And I once sketched a long piece about that mountain path,.., the iron path or whatever... spaced out place.. Italy.. wild.. been there?

gee...Stein
how come a guy from Norway comes up with an idea about Monte Cassino (never been there). You should come up with ideas about fjords, North Cap, Vikings etc. Exclamation

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should? Reindeer? Vikings? Nah... not my style.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
I should? Reindeer? Vikings? Nah... not my style.

OK Exclamation let's go for the Roman Empire Exclamation

Quote:
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is that mountain area called.. Brea massive..? with the iron path?? 3 days of climbing in ladders and shit.. Italy... wild place

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
What is that mountain area called.. Brea massive..? with the iron path?? 3 days of climbing in ladders and shit.. Italy... wild place

Did you have mushrooms for breakfast this morning?

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was in my kitchen deciding on dinner when I felt someone mention mushrooms. Did someone mention mushrooms?

Hello...!

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soon! Soon!

Hey... did you catch that "Badger Badger Mushroom" flash animation..?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No shrooms today.. sorry..
well.. interesting idea.. thoughts about the wild Italian outdoors must be connected with mushrooms? Hmm.. lemme ponder on that one..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps an apt title for the collaborative CD would be "The Electro-Music Mushroom Sessions"

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Italian mushrooms are delicious!
and what about the Mushroom Music Box?

Quote:
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That thing could feed a psychedelic family of 9!

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos
Jump to: