electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » How-tos » Ambiophonic Sound Reproduction
AmbiophonicDSP VST Plugin Now Available
Page 5 of 7 [156 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Tsardoz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply.
Since I wrote that I have found myself just using PEQ and Ambiophonic plugins without DRC.
This keeps the presence of the music (particularly bass) whilst more or less preserving DRC's stereo image.
I'll try playing around with the settings as you suggest.
wesayso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some time ago I bought the ambiosonicDSP plugin hopeful that it would help me in Car audio. I've got a classic car with fixed positions for the speakers and have an excellent center image but no width dus to the position of the speakers.
With the beatles ambio demo track that width was there so I knew there was something to be had with ambiophonicdsp in the car.
But to use it without a Car PC I'd have to convert my tracks to a USB drive with the vsp plugin.
Every time I run the vst from within DBPoweramp the delay setting gets reset. So basically I'm stuck with the standard delay setting although I'd rather use/try different settings. Is there any way to fix this behavior?
I have ran the MAP vst plugin which has a slightly longer delay with great results but then I lose the ability to make the center a bit louder and of coarse also no delay changes to play with.
It would be a lot more fun for me to be able to have at least default to the last used settings and not a reset of delay like it is currently.

I'd be in heaven if this could be solved Laughing

I've seen more forum input asking the same in my searches but something like this has to be easy to solve right? I'd be happy with a work around as long as I can try different values that stick after restarting the plugin with a host like DBPoweramp.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wesayso welcome to electro-music.com

I will send you a PM about a special version we have set up. It needs testing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wesayso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the welcome and the PM,

Replied with first findings. I will add to it later after I have used more settings . Very Happy
I'll be sure to try it with the home setup as well with the speakers in the right position for Ambiophonic. Just need to find the time to test it all.

Many thanks for the quick reply.
dean70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just setup AmbiophonicDSP VST in JRiver Media Center 17. How does it handle 8 channels (7.1)?

You cannot choose which channels are processed from the VST host, so I assume it feeds all channels. It appears to apply to the surround side/rears, but hard to tell.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dean70 wrote:
How does it handle 8 channels (7.1)?

You cannot choose which channels are processed from the VST host, so I assume it feeds all channels. It appears to apply to the surround side/rears, but hard to tell.

The AmbiophonicDSP VST has only 2 in and 2 out. Which channels are determined by the VST host you are using. I'm unfamiliar with the one you are using.

Good surround can be gotten from stereo recordings by using 4 speakers, 2 close spaced (17 degrees) in the front, and two in the rear, also close spaced. Send the left out of the AmbiophonicDSP to both of the left speakers, and likewise for the right. Adjust the rear volume to be about 6 to 10 dB below the front. This is called Panambio.

If you have 5.1 or 7.1 source material, don't use the AmbiophonicDSP.

If you want, you can run multiple instances of the AmbiophonicDSP and experiment with multiple channel setups. This is possible if your VST host program supports it. But the beauty of the plugin is that it make stereo recording sound much better with just two closely spaced speakers.

I recommend Reaper for multi channel setups, unless you have one of the excellent RME multi-channel audio interfaces. Their UFX and UFC are superb for routing multi-channel environments.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dean70

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. I have multiple "zones" setup in JRiver with individual DSP/VST setups. One is setup for 2ch stereo to output from an Asus Essense ST card SPDIF out to a receiver/amp, which I will enable the Ambiophonic DSP in.

I was testing multi-channel music (Pink Floyd DSOTM) with the Ambiophonic DSP enabled which is 4.1 format (actually 5.1 with silent centre), which plays via a separate multi-channel "zone" via HDMI to receiver/amp and Ambiophonic appeared to still function on the fronts, but it also sounded like it processed the surrounds as well.

JRiver only reports 8 channels enabled in DSP engine for multi-channel (which is the total number of speakers I have setup). Other than that I cannot see what it passes to a VST plugin internally.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, Dean70. Happy experimenting, and happy listening...
sithkk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: MAC OS version?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! Just paid up Smile but still waiting for a download email..

I'm wondering a few things.. hope I am at the right place Smile

1) When might there be a Mac version of the VST?

2) I am just wondering.. is it possible to keep the 60 degree of the ordinary speaker setup but still be able to use the AmbiophonicDSP? Then the comparison between stereo and ambio would even be more apparent..

3) at 16 degree apart, should the two speakers be firing in parrellel? meaning straight at the listener's left and right without any cave-in angle?

4) has anyone try this ambio with a HRTF implementation?

Thank you so much!!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: MAC OS version?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sithkk wrote:

1) When might there be a Mac version of the VST?

Nothing is in the works, ATM.

Quote:
2) I am just wondering.. is it possible to keep the 60 degree of the ordinary speaker setup but still be able to use the AmbiophonicDSP? Then the comparison between stereo and ambio would even be more apparent..

Crosstalk cancellation works best with the speakers closely spaced. If you use wide spaced speakers you will get the hole-in-the-middle problem. But, if you must, increase the delay setting to maximum, or near maximum. Adjust the Zentrum control to help as best you can.

Quote:
[3) at 16 degree apart, should the two speakers be firing in parrellel? meaning straight at the listener's left and right without any cave-in angle?

I doubt if it makes much difference; it would depend on the particular speakers.

Quote:
4) has anyone try this ambio with a HRTF implementation?

HRTF, Head Response Transfer Function, is not used in our plugin, or any other one that I know of. The HRTF of every person is different anyway. Some HRTF experiments when played back with headphones place sounds very accurately for some listeners, but have no appreciable effect on others. That said, not everyone hears the effectiveness of crosstalk cancellation either.

5element

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello!

I found a bug in the plugin. Delay knob changes but plugin doesn't save any changes itself and host program also. Version of the plugin is 1.1.1

Can you fix it?

Maybe a new version of the plugin is available? I was given this plugin from my friend to try it. But such bug is very upset cause I can not render audio through it.

Platon
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

5element wrote:
Delay knob changes but plugin doesn't save any changes itself and host program also. Version of the plugin is 1.1.1

Have your friend download version 1.2 using the same authorization information sent out when the order was received. In that version delay is saved in the preset program files.

For only $10 you can get your own authorization, and get any future code upgrades.

We hope you enjoy the plugin.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The above interaction reminds me...

thanks to those of you who have purchased the AmbiophonicDSP. We appreciate your support, and your feedback, suggestions, requests, and complaints.

We want as many people as possible to enjoy stereophonic listening in its most satisfying way.

5element

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much for a reply! Sure I will buy a copy if a new version really doesn't have such a bug.

Regards, Platon
clementshawes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm trying to find the time to test a load of Win plug-ins using SMAudioPro's VFX app for Mac - it claims to open up a lot of Win VST's in OSX by acting as a wrapper.
I have seen a number of success stories for various plugs which work using this app, I'm hoping Ambiophonic is one I can add - unless anyone already knows...

You can get VFX, for free, from here: http://www.smproaudio.com/forums.html/en/products/v-machines/v-machine#vfx-host-software-for-mac-pc

I'm not associated in any way with the company or their products, just wondered if it might be useful to fellow man Smile

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clementshawes wrote:

I'm not associated in any way with the company or their products, just wondered if it might be useful to fellow man Smile

wow! That would be great! Please let me know via PM if you run into any problems; maybe I can make some adjustments in the code if I knew what your error messages were. There are a lot of Mac users out there that would love to use this plug-in.

clementshawes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

There are a lot of Mac users out there that would love to use this plug-in.

You can count me as one of those Mac users since my Windows laptop went *poof*

clementshawes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I gave it a try last night.

Plug-in loads just fine, the GUI doesn't appear but the VFX software gets all the controls and presets; the problem is that the VFX app doesn't appear to route audio, this is expected to be handled by the V-Machine host I guess...

In other news though, the VFX app is a WINE wrapper with a slick UI - so I guess a WINE homebrew could get this plug to work natively in both Mac OSX and *Nix - I'm limited in my knowledge and experience of this field though...

So, there's hope but I can sadly report that this is not a solution at the time of writing.
Sorry if any false hope got anyone excited...

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clementshawes wrote:

Plug-in loads just fine, the GUI doesn't appear but the VFX software gets all the controls and presets; the problem is that the VFX app doesn't appear to route audio, this is expected to be handled by the V-Machine host I guess...

Too bad, I feared as much. Thanks for trying...

escarabajo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Where to download AmbiophonicDSP? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi
I ordered the plugin two days ago, payed with Paypal, and didn't received any link, download instructions, no email responses, is this ok? I have to wait more?
idm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Where to download AmbiophonicDSP? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

escarabajo wrote:
Hi
I ordered the plugin two days ago, payed with Paypal, and didn't received any link, download instructions, no email responses, is this ok? I have to wait more?

Have you recieved your order?

I ordered 5 days ago, and still no correspondence whatsoever, only confirmation from Paypal. I understand that on the web page it states a few days, how many more or how much longer is needed?
escarabajo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, received, but way more than a few days, don't remember exactly
Scherbakov.al

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd dreamed of Audio unit 32-64 bits ..
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All orders are shipped AFAIK.
Scherbakov.al

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mac OS!
Page 5 of 7 [156 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Ambiophonic Sound Reproduction
Jump to: