electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Your app recommendations...
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Your app recommendations... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'm picking up an iPad soon - I got sick of waiting for anything to happen on the Android platform. I see the iPad as being part of my hardware setup, and was wondering what recommendations people have. I will definitely be getting TC-11 and borderlands granular, and maybe Auria so I can track in one room and then do some arranging while sitting in bed Wink

However, I'm having a hard time identifying good MIDI apps. Ideally I'd like one like TC-11, that used the same innovative input mechanisms but output MIDI to a connected device, but I haven't seen anything like this. Sad On a more conventional note, I like the look of sugar bytes' Thesys an the well-known MIDI pattern sequencer. I do not need Lemur-style control surface apps, though.

PS I forgot to say that anything which has scale constraints built in is a big plus - I was really sad to see Orphion got pulled because that looked like a lovely performance took.

Any recommendations?
DES

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you talking about this Orphion?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orphion/id495465097?mt=8

Shows up in my App store...haven't looked to buying it..yet Wink

There are some really nice apps out there. Recently I got ChordPolyPad which is pretty cool. Not too many out there like TC11 - that's probably got one of the more innovative interfaces for iPad at the moment.

I did get Virtual ANS which is pretty cool for generating 'atmospheres'.

robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not sure what you mean about MIDI apps...

My favourite ipad apps (apart form Lemur and TC-11) are:

Bebot
Samplr
Filtatron
Impaktor
Loopy
Virtual ANS

I would also get Audiobus although not all of the above are compatible with it.

schmelectro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Your app recommendations... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anigbrowl wrote:
So I'm picking up an iPad soon - I got sick of waiting for anything to happen on the Android platform. I see the iPad as being part of my hardware setup, and was wondering what recommendations people have. I will definitely be getting TC-11 and borderlands granular, and maybe Auria so I can track in one room and then do some arranging while sitting in bed Wink

However, I'm having a hard time identifying good MIDI apps. Ideally I'd like one like TC-11, that used the same innovative input mechanisms but output MIDI to a connected device, but I haven't seen anything like this. Sad On a more conventional note, I like the look of sugar bytes' Thesys an the well-known MIDI pattern sequencer. I do not need Lemur-style control surface apps, though.

PS I forgot to say that anything which has scale constraints built in is a big plus - I was really sad to see Orphion got pulled because that looked like a lovely performance took.

Any recommendations?

Konkreet Performer
Little MIDI Machine
Genome
PolyStepArp
SoundPrism Pro
Musix Pro
anigbrowl

G2 patch files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are great recommendations, thanks! Muied Lumens, I have several hardware synths so I was mainly looking for interesting ways to control them instead of a conventional MIDI sequencer. Konkreet looks perfect for what I have in mind. Those audio-based synths you suggested do look interesting though, I will probably pick up one or two of them.

Good news about Orphion. There was a problem with it for a while because it used some undocumented system call to detect the way the user was touching the screen and Apple removed the product from the App Store. Glad to see it's back.
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Your app recommendations... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

anigbrowl wrote:
Ideally I'd like one like TC-11, that used the same innovative input mechanisms but output MIDI to a connected device, but I haven't seen anything like this.

TC-11's dev is working on an app called TC-Data which matches your description. It will also output OSC.

If you don't want to wait for that, Konkreet Performer might fit the bill.

Some old stuff on VIRB

Last edited by GovernorSilver on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nanostudio
MultitrackDAW
Virtual ANS
Nave
TC-11
Animoog
Djay (yes, it's a DJ app, but man, can you produce some fucked up madness with this thing?? Oh yes!!)
Traktor (when you want a real DJ app!)
Funkbox
Shapesynth
SoundThingie
Modular
Seekbeats
Poly
AudioMastering

iVCS3 due any day now.
Oh heck. The list goes on, and on, and on! :-/

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lemur
V-control pro
iMS20
Turnado
Inpaktor
Thor

And not musical but good:

goodreader
The room
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lemur +
Nave +
Samplr +
TC-11 +
Animoog +
Turnado
Virtual ANS
Modular
iSEM
Alchemy
LoopTwister
ProLoop +
iMini
Grain Scence
NLog Pro
Magellan
Wavemapper
Wavegenerator
iMPC
iMS20
Thor
Traktor
Bowls +

Sorry for not narrowing it down more. I put a + sign next to the ones I use the most.YMMV.
So many apps,so little time.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: