electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Korg M01 (Another Nintendo DS remake!)
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Korg M01 (Another Nintendo DS remake!)
Subject description: Korg M1
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These nintendos are turning out to be more front porch fun than a 40 on a friday night! And you don't even need friends!

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2010/08/30/korg-m01-turns-your-nintendo-ds-into-a-synthesizer-workstation/
nobody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the idea. I'm actually working on getting my iPAQ H2200 running Linux, and then I'll see if I can find a few simple music and synth programs to load onto it. It'll come in handy when I'm out and about and have an idea I want to record quickly.
1:11

Audio files: 109

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i had the DS10 for awhile, but ended up giving it to my bandmate since i already have enough MS10 emulations going on. The thing is KILLER though. Much easier to use the original MS10, especially with the Kaos control.
The thing changed his life really. Downtime at work is much more productive, and it turns something that would just collect dust, into a music tool.

Getting the m1 added to the collection, ROCK ON. Love it.
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got M01 myself, along with a 3DS. Having a lot of fun putting together a song on it. Workflow is very fast for me on this mini-rig.

Some old stuff on VIRB
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hit the 99 scene limit while working on my house tune.

Then I realized a couple of things:

1. I could have increased the number of steps, either globally or individually per scene. I instead used the default number of steps (16), which in retrospect was stupid on my part.
2. In keeping with the verse-verse-chorus structure of the song, I was copying individual scenes. I found out there's a way to copy up to 8 scenes at once.

So the tune sits in my 3DS unfinished while I decide what to do about this quandary. I'm leaning towards simply increasing the number of steps per scene, and rewriting each scene, so that one scene would replace the 4 I was using. It's going to be a lot of grunt work.

I guess I could just export the MIDI I have now, but then I won't learn how to do this other stuff with M01D.

Today, I tried changing the number of steps for Scene 2 to 28 for a 7/4 or 7/8 time feel. It worked! So one can do time signature and tempo changes from scene to scene.

BTW, I find I actually prefer DS-10 Plus to iMS-20 in some ways, especially the sequencer. DS-10 Plus has a piano roll style sequencer while iMS-20 has those hard-to-control step knobs that you can't zoom in on. Evil or Very Mad

Some old stuff on VIRB
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of the M01D demo songs - it's the orchestral style one, with tempo changes, variations in number of steps per scene, etc.

Some old stuff on VIRB
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally finished my house tune.

I got no help at all from the M01/DS-10 forum that I found because registration was impossible there.

So I did it the hard way - just rewriting the tune with the 64 steps/scene setting. Not as awesome as the "Bonus 2" tune that I posted here, but it was fun and satisfying to work on:

http://soundcloud.com/governorsilver/chez-knuckles-korg-m01d-version

Some old stuff on VIRB
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: