electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Tribute to the Song that Counted
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Thomas_Henry

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Tribute to the Song that Counted Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi gang,

This is a trifle self-indulgent, but given how much music matters to all of us here, I really felt compelled to pass it on. I recently wrote a short blog entry on the most important piece of music I've ever heard and lived through, and am hoping you might find it interesting. Damn, how I miss the sixties!

http://studs-kreitzer.blogspot.com/2014/03/born-to-be-wild.html

There are allusions to sex and rock-and-roll in it, in case you're a shy type and need to turn your head...

Thomas "Studs Kreitzer" Henry
roglok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great read. this is not really my type of sound and i can only imagine how growing up in the 60s was like, but i'll definitely hear the song differently with the context you provided... thumb up
drip.feed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good lord. My only exposure to Thomas thus far has been his How To Build a Synthesizer DVD (which I watch once or twice a year). His blogs are quite the revelation.

Thomas,
(a) please make another synth DIY video. Please.
(b) in the vanishingly small likelihood that you ever find yourself in Belfast, Northern Ireland, please let me buy you a beer and suffer your anecdotes.

--
Sean

fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrgh. i missed to read your block lately!
brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thomas, what happened to the blog? I haven't been here or to the blog for a while and now find it gone.
Thomas_Henry

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, thanks for asking. Unfortunately, I was being invaded by data miners big time and was concerned about security. So I trashed everything, including my email address, and apparently in the nick of time, based upon a related event.

Damn, all I wanted to do was relate those carefree excesses of the 60's!
brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's to bad. Thanks for sharing, it was a great read.

Actually, thank's for everything over the years. I've been reading your stuff for longer than I want to admit, starting with your "Practical Circuitry"column in Polyphony. It was always great anticipating the arrival of the next issue and seeing what you had come up with. I don't know what my mental image of the persona behind those articles was, but it was not Studs Kreitzer and that seemed to make the blog even more interesting. Hadn't read any Sinclair Lewis for years either and had never read Babbitt, reading that now, so thanks for that too.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: