electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » News... » New Releases
Seren Ffordd on Bandcamp
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Seren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Seren Ffordd on Bandcamp Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been adding to Bandcamp my albums released on Oophoi's Umbra label and later re-released on the Hypnos Secret Sounds Label.

So far - Stellar Nurseries, Arhythmia, Floating.

Also the HSS release Veils, Shadows.

www.serenffordd.bandcamp.com
Seren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Album - Shards (of ashen light and burning dark) now available on Bandcamp - released on relaxed Machinery

http://serenffordd.bandcamp.com/album/shards-of-ashen-light-and-burning-dark

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
Seren

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On rM I was asked if I could say more about the Fractured trilogy and why the use of acoustic sound sources:

The Fractured trilogy developed over a number of years from the initial inspiration – the moment of ‘fracture’ when a musician pours the first sound into the waiting space, breaking the silence.

Initially I hoped it would be a single release. I was going to record an album where I fractured sound in a variety of ways, but with an extra twist….I wanted to keep the foundation of each track in the same order, but shift the later additions around creating 4 versions of the album – so if people were commenting about the music even the feedback would be fractured as people tried to understand why they were hearing the same things but in different places…..

Unfortunately it sounded like crap – the tracks had their own integrity and cohesion, despite the concept and sound processing, they could not be broken in that way.

Over time I found a variety of ways of ‘playing’ with the music – out of which Fractured II arose, as I continued to record and explored other sounds ‘Shards’ started to materialise.

Fractured I is on the way to release – and I like the way it is coming after the third part, continuing the concept in yet another way.

Fractured II (7 Broken Mirrors) will appear last, self released on Bandcamp. It will include a bunch of artwork images that I originally designed for a very limited 3 disc set.

As for the acoustic aspect – a bit of background – I love being in wild places where there are little or no sound of human activity. I had the pleasure of living and working in a large ancient forest in North Wales for about 5 years. Many people could not understand why I did not take a walkman….But I loved the ‘silence’ and by merging into it I met some very interesting beings in the woods, like a snake that always shed it’s skin in the same place, like birds of prey that came really close because I was not noisy or ‘separate’.

I find acoustic sounds more subtle, complex etc than a guitar or even a synth. The susurrations of tree leaves in the wind, the complex interplay of quiet sounds in a gentle stream. Listening to these I find myself drifting through the sounds, drawn to this, then called by that. Given my history of laying in Motorhead bass bins as a youngster……

I used field recorder to capture sounds from all sorts of places – such as wine glass for Shards, bird wing for Fractured etc. Then I started playing with them in a number of ways including separating out frequencies in a single sound and then shifting them in time so they shifted through each other. I might pass a sound through a number of effects, then back again, then pull out certain frequencies or textures – finding aspects of the sound not usually heard. Often I layered different treatments of the same sound together, creating new and shifting textures.
Seren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

New album on Bandcamp.

After a gap in making music I've got my recording equipment back up and running.
After deleting almost all the unfinished projects and I was looking at what I might want to create without the half completed projects trying to push me one way or another...
I had intended to create simpler pieces than my more recent complex sounds, but found both were rising out of the mists - this is a piece of complex sounds....
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » New Releases
Jump to: