electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Nord Modular G2 Demo
Page 1 of 2 [45 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Joshy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Nord Modular G2 Demo
Subject description: Patched
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,

I had originally posted this over at GearSlutz, but they said it would be better released over here. Anyway, I really like the G2 modular software it has been really fun to make patches in the demo. Being in the demo though was so limiting so I decided to try and make the software a little more usable.

So, I'm letting people try my patched version of the G2 demo software that I refer to as the Nord Virtual Modular V0.01.

The features included so far are the removal of all "demo" interfacing, all modules are available, and some interface improvements. I'm planning on maxing out the voice count but have not yet worked out the function responsible for it. Hopefully I'll nail those voices down!

In the short time people have tested this from GS, I have been told some of the unlocked modules may not be working. No testing has been done on my part for the functionality of the unlocked modules, but it's possible there isn't any code behind a few of these anyway. I know the "4 Outs" module works though because that's the one I tested on. Razz

My intention here is not to spark any tension with Clavia or to break any rules. If I'm out of line with the posting rules then any moderator can feel free to modify this as needed. I'm providing this for educational purposes and the hope that Clavia would actually release a fully functioning modular software (the latter I doubt though).

Have fun! See the ReadMe for more infos.

NordVirtualModular_V001.zip
 Description:
Nord Virtual Modular V0.01

Download
 Filename:  NordVirtualModular_V001.zip
 Filesize:  2.08 MB
 Downloaded:  5089 Time(s)

alkopop79

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm on Mac but I do appreciate your work! I was just recommending it to a friend and tried to find it on the Clavia site. Thank you!
alkopop79

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
My intention here is not to spark any tension with Clavia or to break any rules.

It's a legacy product anyway.
Joshy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alkopop79 wrote:
I'm on Mac but I do appreciate your work! I was just recommending it to a friend and tried to find it on the Clavia site. Thank you!

Glad you enjoy it and hope your friend likes using it! Wink

Even though the software is legacy I can still see Clavia going either way with it.
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Joshy!

I tried it now. MIDI modules are not working. Audio In module receive a signal when I add one but I don't send nothing to it.

Quote:
the hope that Clavia would actually release a fully functioning modular software

If this day come I wish it would be a software to use only with a specific sound card. Same as Access Virus do with a Digi or a Poco (use DSP, not CPU).

EDIT : I forget to say : Great work !!!
secretkillerofnames

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like!

*EDIT* FYI it works on OSX Mountain Lion under Crossover 12. Which means it probably works under Wine as well.
Joshy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I tried it now. MIDI modules are not working. Audio In module receive a signal when I add one but I don't send nothing to it.

Thanks for testing the modules out, I'll take a look into it sometime!

And thanks to all, glad you've enjoyed it!
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one, don't think the DX7 modules are working and the vocoder doesn't work either.. The midi ctrl send modules are working back into the slot though. Smile
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope you can keep working on this, do you think you might be able to get the input modules working? I suspect this will be tricky as there isn't a function to set the inputs from within the software.
Joshy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPassenger wrote:
Hope you can keep working on this, do you think you might be able to get the input modules working? I suspect this will be tricky as there isn't a function to set the inputs from within the software.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. Just busy with a lot of other things. Wink

I doubt I'll be able to get those modules working, but I haven't looked into yet. I'll check it out soon.
BigShort

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx for your beautyful patch and also big respect for your work
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work! Thank you so much!
ian92101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: MIDI Sync Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congrats on the work done here! amazing!

Has anyone found a way to use it as a master clock or to slave it?

I think before any other work is done getting the midi sync to work should be the priority. That way, we can integrate the software into our setups more readily. I am tired of sampling...

What do you all think?
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDI Sync Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome to the electro-music forum ian92101 Exclamation

ian92101 wrote:
...Has anyone found a way to use it as a master clock or to slave it?...

I have never tested the MIDI clock function of the Demo Software myself, but there is an option under the Demo menu Synth; Synth Settings to set the MIDI options for Clock Send and Ignore External Clock. Have you tried setting those the way that you want? You would also need to set the Demo menu selection Setup; Audio/MIDI to the appropriate MIDI I/O port on the host computer.

It really is a shame that the MIDI output modules are disabled in the Demo. The MIDI note and control output processing power of the G2 hardware is very impressive. It’s too bad that the Demo can’t show that.

gnohm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:  Is there some new things on this Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all what a great job u done here Smile we are some guys that are super thrilled.

Was thinkin if u had made any new stuff on it Smile

Boom gnohm
calande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Josh for this great job! Cool

I installed Nord Virtual Modular along with MIDI Yoke (a MIDI utility application), BOME's Mouse keyboard (a soft keyboard), and Cubase.

When I play Nord Virtual Modular with its embedded soft keyboard, it is smooth, no problem. Same with BOME's Mouse keyboard playing the notes in the Nord Virtual Modular, it's seamless. However, when I play notes in Cubase, even slowly, Nord Virtual Modular takes a long, long time to return the sound, like 1-3 seconds between each note.

MIDI Yoke is used to interface between Nord Virtual Modular and other MIDI applications. Any idea why this is so slow when played from Cubase?

Thanks! Smile
gnohm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tried with the LoopBe virtual midi interface and also had latency big time tried after that to connect a cheap usb 1in/1out to my main midi interface and route that... and wham bam thank u mam no more latency Smile
calande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. It seems the culprit is MIDI-Yoke. Any idea to integrate Nord Virtual Modular as seamlessly as possible inside Cubase, with automation, preset recall, and so on? Rolling Eyes
gnohm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think those "virtual midi interfaces" is to slow... i will try see later if i can do something here and then i will let u know Smile
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Nord Modular G2 Demo

Joshy wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've installed Virtual Nord Modular on Crossover 13.2 on Mavericks 10.9.4
It runs OK, although I haven't tested all features, and I do hear audio.

I need to get more of the demo patches in that bottle, so i can test them.

uyoyu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Nord Modular G2 Demo

cappy2112 wrote:
Joshy wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've installed Virtual Nord Modular on Crossover 13.2 on Mavericks 10.9.4
It runs OK, although I haven't tested all features, and I do hear audio.

I need to get more of the demo patches in that bottle, so i can test them.

How did you get your USB ports to work with crossover ?
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Nord Modular G2 Demo

uyoyu wrote:

How did you get your USB ports to work with crossover ?

[/quote]

USB ports? The demo doesn't need USB

uyoyu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, thought this was the open source editor thread Wink
calande

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there, I've had success using Cubase 7.5 with LoopBe1 and Nord Virtual Modular. Automation works also seamlessly Cool
I had to disable LoopBe1 in the MIDI inputs of Cubase, though, to prevent a loopback.
I have one question: Do you know how to save the Audio & MIDI settings of Nord Virtual Modular? Every time I start it, these settings are reset Sad
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so where are the benefits of this patch in relation to the original version? you can access the locked modules but they dont work?
Page 1 of 2 [45 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: