electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Calling all DIYers and Stripboarders!
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperKoopa

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject:  Calling all DIYers and Stripboarders! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rec trigger.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.09 KB
 Viewed:  9061 Time(s)

rec trigger.JPG

Wild Zebra

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you have me confused with someone else Embarassed I'm still a total novice when it comes to design. I built a cracklebox from scratch thats about it, but it seems like a good idea hopefully some peeps will chime in.
Uncle Krunkus

Audio files: 52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi SuperKoopa,
I'm definately keen on the whole electro-percussion DIY, DS7, Synbal, Syntom experimenting and building of a 4+ voice modular drum thing, and I do plan on it being next, or second next, cab off the rank.
But, ..... I've promised myself that I have to finish some other projects first. The ASM2 is my primary goal at the moment, as I found that finishing the SoundLab just made me feel so good about myself. Smile
I find that the more projects I have lying around unfinished the worse I feel. I've already spent $100s on getting the ASM2 to the point where it's at, and that's the point it was at 2 years ago! Crying or Very sad Embarassed
I will watch what's going on, and offer advice if I can.

SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK uncle!

i will start to design the sequencer stripboard.
i will use some parts of ray's 16 step sequencer: without CV controls ,manual step down, reverse at step and randomization will be more easy to design (i've changed idea about resonant frequency sequencer, it's a bit too much experimental for me)
SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

before start to stripping Very Happy :

in the ray's 16 step sequencer there are two points ( DN and UP ) connecting the gate bus to 40193 up and down inputs.
I don't really understand the usefulness on this connection. it's just a mistake or i need to learn more about digital chips?
Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing you can be sure of with Ray is that nothing is by mistake. Laughing (well nothing I've found so far. Mad )

If you look at the panel wiring page, S1 & S2 are the manual UP/DOWN (forward/back) push buttons. They wire back directly to those points so you can shift it back and forth with the clk stopped. (I think)

SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i've solved it was just a software simulator error (circuit maker STUDENT version, it's a freeware demo)

i'm at a good point designing the stripboard, it take just 5 ICs and it's a very simple schematic!
Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow!
Ignore that last post.
After I wrote that I thought to myself, "it's strange that Ray didn't put some kind of de-bouncing on those switches. He's normally so thorough."
Then I had another look. S1 & S2 are on that schem. They are de-bounced, and I can't see any reason for the extra up/down connection points.

So, for now, I would ignore them.
Send Ray an email and ask him.

SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that was my question until i've tried the circuit with my simulator software. with UP and DN points connected through D28 and D29 at the gate bus the circuit works, and works so well!

I trust in Ray wilson and i trust in my simulator (a bit less!).
Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well,
that makes me feel like a complete idiot!
Mis-read the schem twice in a row! Embarassed
Oh well, shit happens! Laughing

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uncle Krunkus wrote:
Oh well, shit happens! Laughing

Quote:
"God made man, but a monkey supplied the glue!"

Erm, /I think/ that actually man made god and that such couldn't possibly work without a devil. Which sort of means that roses grow on shit, I think ...

Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"From the ashes of disaster, grow the roses of success!"

Where's that from? (no googling!)

SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aha! i've discovered what UP and DN connections are for. look at this two pics.they are the scope image of my pretty simulator.
it's the gate output with an without diodes 28 & 29 connected to UP & DN points. the sequencer is set like this:

S1 ,2,3,4,5,6,8,11,13 ON
S7 ,9,10,12,14,15,16 OFF

notice that number of switches are not the same of ray's schematics ,they are just like the step number.
without the diodes the output seems like that two consecutive steps appear like a one long gate.

so for a percussion sequencer i think it's better to put these diodes on their place, but this could be an interesting mod for the original sequencer schematics (with CV controls and so on).

diodes off.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.79 KB
 Viewed:  208 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

diodes off.JPG

diodes on.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.4 KB
 Viewed:  188 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

diodes on.JPG

SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK forget the word "cooperation"
here http://superkoopa.spaces.live.com/
you can find the stripboard layout for:

16 step sequencer
loop selector (switchboard)
dip switch interface
quad multinoise generator
quad SL filter

sorry for the freak stripboard size but this is the only avaiable from futurlec:http://futurlec.com/ProtoBoards.shtml

and sorry for the poor quality,this is just a demo.if you want the layouts in a better quality send me a PM and i will send it to you by email or something else!

i must to do an explanation about dip board file numbers.this is the typical matrix nomenclature .look at DIPBOARD UP and DIPBOARD DOWN pics.
as you can see you must join all 4 boards with a lot of wires.
you must also join every dipboard up with his brother dipboard down like a sandwich with a forest of uninsulated wires between the bread slices Cool

i don't have designed the layout for the quad isd 14xx sampler because i' ve many doubt about his functioning. so i must experiment with it.

i
Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi SuperKoopa,
Did you get a copy of Lochmaster? Your stripboard layouts are looking really good! Very Happy

SuperKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes.

if you want i can send to you original lochmaster files (*.rst) so you can inspect every board and tell me if you find some errors.
Uncle Krunkus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, why not.
Keep me up to speed.
I've just started making a real attempt to design a new circuit using Ray's Schem Publisher. It's taken a while to understand but I think I'm getting it now.

Starspawn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heya, Interested in whatever those files were just cause its something stripboard Very Happy
As for the topic which seems to be stripboard drums and utilities for them, Ive made stripboard designs for the synwave (dual using a 13700 like Uncle Krunkus DS7) and the Synchime, tempted by the synbal as well but other things in line now and no room on the project the others are for.
Waiting on a couple parts but Ill verify and post designs during this week sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: