electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » How-tos » Manuals, Instructions, and Documents
Unitor 8 Control 3.0 and 1.3.1.mid firmware
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Unitor 8 Control 3.0 and 1.3.1.mid firmware Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand the the discontinued Emagic Unitor8 software is fading from the web. I'm uploading my Unitor8 directory from my XP machine in case someone requires it. The 1.3.1.mid firmware file is included, as is the Unitor8 Control program (windows only)

Unitor8 Control 3.0.zip
 Description:
Unitor8 Control V 3.0 and Update 1.3.1.mid

Included some help files in English and German.

Download
 Filename:  Unitor8 Control 3.0.zip
 Filesize:  1.11 MB
 Downloaded:  5617 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the_bengine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey mosc

i just registered in this forum simply to say thanks. i've been looking for this software for a while to edit my mt4 patches but couldn't find it anywhere.

isn't it great when you stumble upon a single post in a random forum that answers all your problems?

thanks again.

B
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

Thanks for the note. Glad you found this useful. Stick around and you find all sorts of people and stuff here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nocore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey there
i just got an mt4 and am trying to get this Unitor8 Control thing happening...

will this zip you uploaded work on my computer, or do i need the actual install files so it will work on my machine? clicking the application file gives a couple of error messages and seems to freeze up afterwards...

thanks for posting this - hoping the mt4 is going to solve some of my midi routing issues once i get it set up.

cheers!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about these files other than they worked pretty well with my Unitor 8. Maybe someone else knows and will chime in.

If you can get the drivers to work, don't bother with the Control application. Use MidiOx programs. They are better anyway.

tmgstudios

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: unitor 8control
Subject description: unitor control
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good lookin out for this app .......it's gettin harder and harder to find the windows version......................thank you
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad it helps. My Unitor died about 6 months ago.
TonE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But is not the full setup.exe required so this software can work correctly?

My Unitor 8 mk1 is connected via the COM port to Windows XP SP2 using a "Nullmodemkabel, 9 pins" but the Unitor 8 Control software says:

Code:
No new Devices found!
Please check MIDI cables and Devices.

RS232 and RS422 LEDs are blinking all the time in orange, also MIDI Out 1..8 LEDs are blinking all the time in green.

I assume the failure could be from a not fitting cable?

The cable I bought today is:

Code:
inLINE Computer Accesories
Nullmodemkabel, InLine, 9pol Bu/Bu 3m, geklippt
Null modem cable, InLine, DB9F/F, assebled type, 3m,
beige pinout: 1-7+8,2-3,3-2,4-6,5-5,6-4,8+7-1,S-S

Art.-Nr: 12224L(ROHS)
4 043718 100750
InLine: D-35394 Giessen
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TonE wrote:

My Unitor 8 mk1 is connected via the COM port to Windows XP SP2 using a "Nullmodemkabel, 9 pins" . . .
I have a couple of emagic mt4s, the baby brother to the Unitor 8. They are usb devices, but they are so old there are no XP drivers for them. I have spent hours trying to fool device manager and the usb enumerator into handling the mt4 drivers, but it is far from 100% successful. I am guessing that your unit predates usb. So, I am wondering if you were able to find any post-Win98 emagic drivers.

Steve
TonE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MusicMan11712 wrote:
TonE wrote:

My Unitor 8 mk1 is connected via the COM port to Windows XP SP2 using a "Nullmodemkabel, 9 pins" . . .
I have a couple of emagic mt4s, the baby brother to the Unitor 8. They are usb devices, but they are so old there are no XP drivers for them. I have spent hours trying to fool device manager and the usb enumerator into handling the mt4 drivers, but it is far from 100% successful. I am guessing that your unit predates usb. So, I am wondering if you were able to find any post-Win98 emagic drivers.

Steve
Dear Steve, I managed my Unitor 8 mk1 to work in Windows XP SP2, so also your MT4's should work in XP, of course. I just used the Win2k = Windows 2000 drivers for Windows XP.

I wrote my solution, in German here: http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18415&p=580911#p580911 , just try this, if you still have any questions, ask here, I will try to help, if possible. Good luck my friend.

If necessary and allowed I could also upload here the drivers and the Unitor 8 Control software, with u8setup.exe.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the link and the suggestion. I have not used the mt4 in a while. I now have a setup based primarily on my old motu parallel port interface, but I keep the mt4 aound in case I need overflow midi ports. I will double check the status of my current solution and will probably ask for help if its not working 100%.(I know very little German, but will try to figure out what I can from your solution.)
Steve
CJ Miller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Mosc for upping this!

I have an AMT8 and MT4 which I have used with Logic and other programs on Mac and in XP. In my experience the Win2k drivers work just fine in XP. Believe it or not Apple does still quietly maintain the Mac drivers and releases updated ones with the Logic installers. I like these interfaces and am happy that they still work.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CJ Miller wrote:
Thanks Mosc for upping this!

YW, CJ.

loopcycle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks mosc, just what i needed today Very Happy
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have an MT4 and an XPSP3 set-up, let me know if you can get it to work. I gave up trying years ago, but it would be nice to know if there's hope as well as the steps to success. Thanks.
Steve
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A month or so ago, I did something on my very first Win XP PC and noticed I had used the MT-4 on it. So I plugged it in and somehow got it to work--nothing too fancy (i.e., not filtering), but was able to configure midi ins and outs using the software!!!
Steve
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Manuals, Instructions, and Documents
Jump to: