electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Arp Explorer CV Gate Mods
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
soundlabz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Arp Explorer CV Gate Mods
Subject description: Arp Explorer Mods
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello I have an Arp Explorer I that I'm interested in restoring/ modding. In my research reading the schematics it appears that I can add a few inputs such as audio input, CV and Gate input. I would love to know if anyone has any knowledge on modding the Explorer or suggestions on if I should add a switch to toggle between the keyed and external cv/ gate inputs. Has anyone tried synhouse or similar midi mods to the Explorer? I'm planing to recap the PS, cleaning all pots, and replacing all the key bushings. Any advice or direction would be appreciated.
soundlabz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Arp Explorer Hotrodding Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Craig Anderton did a 2 part piece back in 1980 on Arp Explorer Hotrodding. I know the second part was in the June 1980 issue. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to sell or scan? Also trying to figure out when the first part was written. Craig also released a book called Craig Anderton’s Contemporary Keyboard Articles (reprint), Polyphony Publishing, published 1981. If anyone has a copy or knows where I can get one that may help my Arp mods.

Thanks,
Soundlabz
Welliwonder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Arp Explorer CV/Gate Mods Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I have an Explorer I would like to add these features to as well and was wondering if you ever happened to come across the Craig Anderton articles and/or the information for these mods. If so would you mind sharing?

Thank You,
Daniel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: