electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Caps for the CGS202
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
w4z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Caps for the CGS202 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a mouser order that consisted of all Wima caps. I then realized that they are a mixture of polyester and polypropylene. Is this ok?

Also, is it ok to have some caps above 63v? Capacitance is still the same I assume.

I decided against the polystyrenes because sourcing them turned into a project in itself, so I settled on Wima capacitors.

Thank you for your help!
wackelpeter

Audio files: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just finished my res Eq yesterday on stripboard...
also only used that WIMA caps... and it works.... if the voltage rating is higher that's not critical... could become a problem when the voltage rating is lower than the voltage these caps have to handle...

take care that you use 1% resistors or values as close as in the schematics... at least if you dont have 43K for example use 27k+18k in series... try some different resistors until you get the closest result...
this will affect the bandwith of each band... which of course also the cap tolerance will do...

i'm not sure if my built can conquer with all the results the original delivers, but i'm happy with mine and it works to my satisfaction right now (until the time i comes around to tweak it a bit and see/hear what happens Smile )

w4z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was able to find all of the resistors on Mouser at 1%, so I think I'm fine in that area. Just concerned about the mixture of polyester and polypropylene. Some of the caps are above 63v. None of the are under.

Glad to hear that yours came out ok!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Ken Stone designs - CGS
Jump to: