electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Buchla 259 PCB size
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [40 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
In fact when a post is old enough some information get deleted by moderators,its happening in plenty of topics i discovered.

FYI : People can edit their own posts.

TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
TekniK wrote:
In fact when a post is old enough some information get deleted by moderators,its happening in plenty of topics i discovered.

FYI : People can edit their own posts.

When you edit a post its marked at the bottom,in my post in this topic (and those that i observed in other topics) it has clearly not been edited,so somehow a moderator deletes voluntary the information.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With all respect TekniK but thats nonsense - posts edited by no matter who will be marked as edited, unless it is the last post in the thread in which case no such mark is added.
TekniK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

frankly am not joking ,my post had a picture of a buchla pcb if i remember well taken from pictures from Mark Verbos,its gone now.

And i repeat i have seen this before in some older topics,sadly i can't link to one of them immediately,can't remember wish.

Maybe there still some bugs in the forum?

Lately again i could not send attachements,probably its still the case.
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
Maybe there still some bugs in the forum?

Almost certainly so.

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that.

jonkull

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm curious to know if any more work has been done on cloning these PCBs. I'd love to build one of these but lack the technical knowledge to do anything beyond soldering components to a board.
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

posting an error message or describing the error in some level of detail which would allow it to be diagnosed and fixed is much more helpful than just reporting that you had an error.

There have been a number of issues with the server crashing httpd, so I have no idea if we have lost posts during those events. Timely reporting of problems is a lot more helpful.

Home,My Studio,and another view
TekniK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EdisonRex wrote:
Quote:

posting an error message or describing the error in some level of detail which would allow it to be diagnosed and fixed is much more helpful than just reporting that you had an error.

I did this already with Jan sir.
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TekniK: Thank you for that. It helps a lot.

And back on the topic, this is an interesting "clone". I'd love to hear how it progresses as a project, or multiple projects.

Home,My Studio,and another view
jonkull

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So was that last post (with the PCB layout) deleted or was that server error?
ultrashock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, so just to up the topic I suppose the idea. Everybody saw this scans of the 259 main board (23mb tiff each). a few years ago I have managed to make them just grayscale yet still contrast and compared exact both sides as two layers in Photoshop (as a raster image).
I believe it is possible but very painstakingly to convert (and fix a bit) both these board-sides into vector and then convert them to GERBER files (TOP-BOTTOM layers) via the DXF format (adobe illustrator can). then make the solder stop layers, pads and vias, correct all the traces, send to production and here you are -
been a while, we will obtain the professionally manufactured 259A pcbs.
unfortunately there is no scan for control board but comparing to mother main board it's really not so hard to redraw it from scratch.
and of course, don't forget that you are having all this hemoroids on finding discontinued parts, lots of vactrols and these strange in some manufacturers normally closed, in others normally opened switches.
LFLab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And, LiveTrace in Adobe Illustrator is fantastic, but certainly not "set and forget" you'll have to do a ton of editing to have it neat enough for the DXF conversion.
On top of that, the software will go berserk because there'll be 10 million entities if you go from .AI to .DXF
Certainly doable, but there are better ways to spend your time (IMHO).
sanssoma259

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

newbie here!

Has any one made any progress with the re-design of the 259?

There seem to be tons of progress with the 258 but nothing seems to
have happened with the 259.

I have seen some progress with the 259 timber sections, so would this be suitable to use with the 258 to make a hybrid of the 259??
n.d

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, mega-bump-hijack-whatever...

I believe that if we all work together, a 259 is doable, here are two examples:

http://suicreation.jp/kick/198 (anyone knoy this man?)

http://modularsynthesis.com/roman/buchla259/259cwg.htm

I believe the last one is the result of this effort: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-46358.html&postorder=asc
but I`m not sure.

If everyone posts whatever work they have, we can organize things better.
Edit: here`s the timbre section: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=buchla&t=40614
but all of you already knew that Smile
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not familiar with the 259 schematics, but would it be possible to replace the multitude of logic ICs in it with a single FPGA or PIC or something?

Edit -- http://rubidium.dyndns.org/~magnus/synths/companies/buchla/ has the schematics for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 2 [40 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: