electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Christmas 2015 PIF Giveaway
Page 1 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Christmas 2015 PIF Giveaway Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got some PCB's to give away in the spirit of Christmas Smile These are all designed for PCB mounted pots and jacks, in the Eurorack standard.

Yusynth Steiner-Parker VCF
Yusynth Minimoog VCF
Rene Schmitz RS-20 VCF
Ian Fritz' EZ-Chaos
Ian Fritz' Jerkster
Fonik Baby Ten Sequencer

One of each available. Post a picture of your soldering iron and DIY soldering space, along with which board you'd like -- one project per person! Don't be greedy! Cool Wink

All I ask is that you consider doing something similar for someone else when you get the chance -- doesn't need to be Christmas, doesn't need to be on E-M.
Ayab

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi AlanP

Wow I would really like one of the Ian Fritz boards - especially the Jerkster.

Am very happy to pay postage to here in UK.

No matter if i have missed them - what a really kind seasonal gesture and an inspiration.

Soldering station picture attached (sorry about drill in the way but I just bolted it down and want to keep it there for some panel holes am doing)

All the best and a very happy christmas

Ben

IMG_2441.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  399.94 KB
 Viewed:  386 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_2441.JPG

PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really need a PCB although I do have a euro case which I was planing to turn into some sort of chaos thing.
So a Jerkster or EZ-Chaos would be nice, but I could easily build those on perf aswel.

But here's a photo anyway. you didn't expect me to clean up did you ?! Laughing

soldering space.jpg
 Description:
Happy whatever you're celebrating!
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  407 Time(s)

soldering space.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlanP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jerkster to Ayab, and EZChaos to PHOBoS Smile PM'ed
Ayab

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Happy Christmas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi AlanP

Thank you so much and Happy Christmas to you and Electro-Music.com and all

With best wishes

Very Happy
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

santa
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walter23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I have been lurking here and other forums for awhile. Very interested in the yusynth Steiner board if it's still available but I'll have to post pictures of my build area tomorrow (my home setup is minimalistic; I have been preferring to do things at work where I have several high end scopes, PSUs and soldering stations to pick from).

No hard feelings if you'd prefer to give it to someone with more post history here, but I can definitely make good use of it.

IMG_1470.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 MB
 Viewed:  400 Time(s)

IMG_1470.JPG

sonic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey I'm enjoying all these shots of ppl's workbenches! It's intriguing! Nice fairy lights PHOBoS!
AlanP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Walter, PM'ed
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sonic wrote:
Nice fairy lights PHOBoS!
Laughing I had to put a little bit of christmas in there.

you might like this thread.

sonic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah! Work area pr0n! I should revive that thread. Now if only I could find the charger for my camera. It's lost somewhere in my work area... Confused
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PCB's received.

Thank you very much! rendeer
Now I have something to do this xmas Very Happy.

walter23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Alan, I also received the VCF PCB. Was surprised to see it's not the same layout as the one on Mr. Usson's site, but it's all the same to me. Nice compact layout; will just need to get the pots and rotary switch ordered up here for it.

I learned New Zealand has fantastic postal service; that was very quick. I guess you'd have to, being an island nation.
bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any left?
AlanP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyze76mwc1lspq3/yusynth%20steiner%20parker%20vcf%20build%20doc.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/220zr28s4nmtm6o/jerkster.pdf?dl=0

Forgot to link these, sorry. Phobos, let me know if you need the BOM for the EZChaos.

Bubzy, still have Minimoog, RS20, and Baby10 left. Check the OP for the requirement! Smile Smile
bubzy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also not tidied Very Happy

i would love the minimoog vcf, let me know how much postage is or whatever Very Happy

king

IMG_5912.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  360 Time(s)

IMG_5912.JPG

walter23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlanP wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyze76mwc1lspq3/yusynth%20steiner%20parker%20vcf%20build%20doc.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/220zr28s4nmtm6o/jerkster.pdf?dl=0

Forgot to link these, sorry. Phobos, let me know if you need the BOM for the EZChaos.

Bubzy, still have Minimoog, RS20, and Baby10 left. Check the OP for the requirement! Smile Smile

Thanks Wink
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did find a schematic + BOM at bridechamber
http://www.bridechamber.com/Double_Well_PCB_files/dwell2_board_doc-1.pdf
However the board looks different (also seems to be just one PCB), so I don't know if the part numbers are the same,
I think they are. Also read the thread about it here on EM and found the Ian Fritz website with the wayback machine.
But any info you have about it is very welcome Very Happy

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice space bubzy, makes me feel at home.
I guess that organiser (bottom left) didn't really help much Laughing

AlanP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xothydtts812sey/minimoog%20vcf%202.0.pdf?dl=0

Minimoog build doc
bubzy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha phobos, na its not a lot of use Very Happy
walter23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
nice space bubzy, makes me feel at home.
I guess that organiser (bottom left) didn't really help much Laughing

There are two kinds of people in the world; those who spend all their time getting organized and never get anything done, and those who spend all their time fighting against their own disorganization and never getting anything done Wink

Pick your poison!
thermionicjunky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
...found the Ian Fritz website with the wayback machine.

His website has moved to:

http://ijfritz.byethost4.com
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah there it is, thank you! Very Happy
AlanP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a Eurorack format PCB set for Thomas Henry's Quadrature Function Generator. Thonkiconn 3.5mm jacks, 9mm Alpha pots.

To wrap your hot little hands around this, listen to one of two albums all the way through, and then post a good review (in your OWN writing) of said album. Either Boris' _Absolutego_ (for those with a lot of patience and a love of drone), or Boris' _Feedbacker_ (for the more jazzy, but still drone-y folks.) The review I like BEST gets the PCB set.

This is absolutely subjective. No, no plans on selling spares.
Page 1 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: