electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
What are, actualy, the best VST electro beat software
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
YOREL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: What are, actualy, the best VST electro beat software
Subject description: I look for something with a lot of loop an good "analogic sound"
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

It's my first post.

I project to compose electro music.

I already compose acoustic music and I've found for that some tools I like (Sample modeling, superior drummer 2, Fxpension BFD 3)

But for electro music I don't know the good softwares.

I've already found some synth I like (U-He Diva or Spectratonic Omnisphere 2) and now I look for electro beat.

Something like superior drummer 2, Fxpension BFD 3 but with electro sound.

Something with sound like "analogic" synth with very deep sound.
I prefere software than hardware but sound is very very important.

Something with a lot of loops (MIDI loop) that I can use immediatly and manipulate as I wish.
(The question between MIDI or Audio is always in debate with myself. MIDI is more easy to manipulate but, one more time, sound is the most important)

I look for one (or more) among the best software but I know nothing in this kind of music.

Can you tell me what are those tools used by every profesionnals musicians that I don't know?

PS. I'm French and I'm sorry if my language terms are not always appropriate to be understood as I would like.

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome
I'd say it depends on several factors, including: kind of music you want to do, what feels most comfortable to you, what works well with your setup/DAW/VST host, what works well with your computer/audio card, what fits your budget, etc.

I have test driven some VSTs/SoftSynths, but I prefer the hands on experience of hardware. I haven't been to KVR in a while, but the last time I looked they had a good search engine that might be useful for finding VSTs/Softsynths to test drive.

A few years ago I got some free versions of Native Instruments' softsynths. People used to like NI's stuff; I am not sure now because I don't keep track of the latest news.

If you have softsynths you like but just want electronic drumkits and other sounds, you might be able to import samples/sound fonts/etc. if the softsynths you have allow that.

I am not sure any of this is helpful, but I did want to welcome you. Perhaps others here can be more helpful by recommending what they use for electro-beats.

Steve
YOREL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The question between hard and soft is still in my head and perhaps for eternity.

I heard (in youtube only) the new OB6 and my heart beat more quickly for this stuff. I like to hear the andromeda too. I like large sound make you feel you are in space (certainly cause by the movies).

I know with a very good sound the idea of song arrive quickly and with a medium sound you don't have good idea and you have to work more.
But I know with hardware is more complicate to produce. It's not as easy as software.

I need to make song quickly because I'm traditional musician and jazz player. I used to make music in the moment and not work for weeks on a song.

For now I'm not sure of my choices.
I don't want to spent a lot of money and use a hardware synth to complicated and I don't want to lose my time with soft if I can't find the good sound make me inspired.

For now I choise soft. It's not expensive and easy to use.

About "electro beat". I use cubase 7. I have ableton 9 too but but I don't realy like it. I have a horizontal writing. Maybe I'll try logic pro someday.

I like the beats in ableton because there is some proposals and you can change them quickly.
I look for something like that. A lot of proposals that I can change quickly.

MIDI or Audio ?

For traditional drum I like Audio but for "electro" I'm not sure it's useful.

Lfohead

Audio files: 6
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Check out http://d16.pl/products
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » General Discussion
Jump to: