electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
ChucK Facebook Group
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mario.buoninfante

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: ChucK Facebook Group
Subject description: creating a FB group about ChucK
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys, this is my first post here. I'm Mario a ChucK user from Salerno, Italy. actually now I'm living in Bremen, Germany. anyway I looked for a FB group about ChucK, cause I think it could be useful. I know there's this forum (that it's been usefull a lot of time Smile ), mailinglists, etc. just I think to have also a FB group can help to spread the ChucK verbs Wink
so I quickly wrote on some electronic music group on FB (Pd, Algorithmic Composition, etc.) and it seems to be a good idea to create a ChucK group, and I did it.
if someone of you can find it interesting....just join us!!!!!

P.S.: I don't wanna create something that replace or try to do it, this page, just I would like to have also another place where people can talk about ChucK. I wish you appreciate the idea

bye,
Mario
mario.buoninfante

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the name of the FB group is "ChucK Programming Language" .... of course Very Happy
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will it be open to the public--as in open to people who don't have facebook accounts? If not, is there another option?

I understand that there are people who don't like forums; so, I am wondering if there is another option other than a social media site.

Some people can log into forums from work on breaks and lunch hours, but social media sites are blocked by employers. That's part of why I am wondering if it can be hosted on its own site that is not linked to a social media account.

Steve
mario.buoninfante

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I know what you meant, and I also agree with you. despite I was totally against FB group (i.e. I'm also a Pure Data user, then I already "lived" this situation), just over time I changed.my mind, cause in the end a FB group can never replace a forum like this (or the Pd one), but can be important if you think about how many people are using FB today. For me it's also important to keep in contact with noob, new users, etc. And I think you'll agree with me, if I'm saying that FB is more powerfull then any other website under this.point of view.
I guess you'll take a look to the group. Smile
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand. So, I hope you will set up the facebook site so it will be accessible to non-members to read, if not to post. In fact, having it open like that might even expose ChucK to more new people.
Steve
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Applied to join. Smile

/Stefan Blixt

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
Applied to join. Smile

Does this mean the page/website/whateveritscalled is not visible to people without facebook accounts?
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No idea.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried googling Facebook ChucK programming language to see if I could see it and it wasn't among the 1st 150 hits. There were a lot of other sites, though. Maybe if you and the organizer of the Facebook group click on the direct link a zillion times each . . . ? That might also help with spreading the news about the group. But who knows--maybe by the time google finds it, there will be a new mechanism for people with common interests to share and discuss stuff.

(I know you don't know, I am just thinking out loud.)
mario.buoninfante

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. anyway this is the group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1593843507578422/?ref=ts&fref=ts
actually I setted it up in a way that should be visible to everyone.

let me know
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You must log in to continue.

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this, too:
Quote:
You must log in to continue.
Maybe Facebook is for members only now. Didn't used to be. Oh well.

Update:
Nope, I don't think it's a Facebook issue because I can go here:
https://www.facebook.com/Golden-Leaf-Designs-108501002535237/
So maybe its the settings. Hope you can fix it.

If you want, I can ask my friend (who does the jewelry) what the setting is and where it is. Let me know.
doublestop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: yeah..There is only "invitation sent" Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tjere are 2 groups listed.. Once says it is "open to the public"... the other one shows as "Closed Group". I tried joining but they both just are perpetually in "invitation sent" mode.
mario.buoninfante

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure, but I think that you should have a FB account (for sure this is true if you wanna join the group). anyway I attached the "privacy settings" of the group. I don't think is possible to do more with FB.
of course the attachment is in italian, the translation is: "Everyone can see the group, its members and their posts"

ChucK_group_privacy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.83 KB
 Viewed:  337 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

ChucK_group_privacy.png

Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » ChucK programming language
Jump to: