electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Site traffic continues to grow
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Site traffic continues to grow Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

November was a banner month for electro-music.com. Thanks to all the members for such great contributions. This traffic is mostly generated by word-of-mouth because we don't advertise.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happened in June? Did you lose the stats for the month?

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
What happened in June? Did you lose the stats for the month?

Cyx

Howard went fishing Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh. Well, the site has good search engine placement if I recall. This is, after all, how I found it, in Google. Hopefully as traffic grows, the quality of the membership will be maintained, myself excluded. Smile

Cyx

"Yeah right, who's the only one here who knows secret illegal ninja moves from the government?"
-Napoleon Dynamite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
Ahhh. Well, the site has good search engine placement if I recall. This is, after all, how I found it, in Google.
Cyx

Try searching it with elgoog

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
Cyxeris wrote:
Ahhh. Well, the site has good search engine placement if I recall. This is, after all, how I found it, in Google.
Cyx

Or Google l337

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

What happened in June? We got hacked! I had to rebuild the entire server. Dark days they were...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugly, very ugly. Did you lose posts?

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cyxeris wrote:
Ugly, very ugly. Did you lose posts?

No, fortunately...

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just discovered google-bot scanning the site. I saw on the bottom of the forum page that there were six guests logged on. I can as the administrator see the IPs of anyone looking at the forum pages. I did a quick reverse DNS and found that 3 of the 6 guests were Google. The Google-bot follows every link on every topic, apparently. There is some bot killer settings I can turn on, but if it brings more traffic, then maybe it's not a problem.
Cyxeris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see how it would be a problem, and there are clear benefits. At least it apparently benefited me, even though I am probably quite the little pest at times. Twisted Evil

Cyx

-Napoleon Dynamite
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Let google scan the site. That is a very good thing. This brings a lot of people our way in the long run.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: