electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
El Capitan OSX Is it OK for G2 ?
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
zenke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: El Capitan OSX Is it OK for G2 ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi
I have had a look around this list but I dont see any discussion regarding the use of G2 on the newest OSX, El Capitan.

Are people using this and manageing to still run the 1.62 G2 editor. I would be very interested to know.

Thanks
jamie
tomhall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

runs perfectly fine
zenke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you very much. Good to hear
rick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: El Capitan OSX Is it OK for G2 ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zenke wrote:
Hi
I have had a look around this list but I dont see any discussion regarding the use of G2 on the newest OSX, El Capitan.

Are people using this and manageing to still run the 1.62 G2 editor. I would be very interested to know.

Yes, runs fine still on 10.11.6. I even tried the beta of Sierra, and the editor still runs on that too.

On OS X 10 the open dialog, to load patches, still works okay, but not as refined as with newer OS X applications for some reason. E.g. the directory last used is not remembered. (Just add a shortcut in the Finder windows left column.)

rick jansen

PS: hi all, it's been a LOOONG time. I see I last visited here in January 2005..
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Rick, thanks for the report :-)
zenke

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all

I am having problems with using the G2 editor on el capitain. I can see that others are OK with it. I can open the editor but i get a ' major error' message and it will not conect to the aynth.
Do you have any suggestions?
rick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zenke wrote:
Hi all

I am having problems with using the G2 editor on el capitain. I can see that others are OK with it. I can open the editor but i get a ' major error' message and it will not conect to the aynth.
Do you have any suggestions?

I get that message when the editor loses the USB connection, like when unplugging the USB cable. Is your USB connection ok?

rick
zenke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi
I tested my USB connection. Thanks for thta suggestions Rick.
However i have discovered that it is to do with 'allow apps downloaded from ..' which is in preferences, security and privacy.

If set to anywhere all is fine. Great!

Thanks jamie
zenke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i spoke to soon. I can get it to connect, but it frequently disconnectes and requires reopening and reconnecting of usb.
rick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zenke wrote:
Well, i spoke to soon. I can get it to connect, but it frequently disconnectes and requires reopening and reconnecting of usb.

See if there is anything in the console log?
Is the NM plugged directly into your mac''s usb, or through a hub or so?
Try another usb cable too.

rick
zenke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi
Yes I have it plugged directly into computer.
I dont really know how to use Console. I looked at it but I donet see anything which seems related to the Nord software.
ny idea what I am ;looking for ?

jamie
zenke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any ideas what this means ?? this what i found in console after opening G2 editor.

24/10/2016 16:37:36.000 kernel[0]: 006356.151223 Nord Modular G2@1a150000: AppleUSBDevice::ResetDevice: <software>

24/10/2016 16:37:41.567 Nord Modular G2 Editor[658]: ATS: Invalid FontObjectID (3) - only low 16 bits are being passed in.

jamie
rick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zenke wrote:
Any ideas what this means ?? this what i found in console after opening G2 editor.

24/10/2016 16:37:36.000 kernel[0]: 006356.151223 Nord Modular G2@1a150000: AppleUSBDevice::ResetDevice: <software>

24/10/2016 16:37:41.567 Nord Modular G2 Editor[658]: ATS: Invalid FontObjectID (3) - only low 16 bits are being passed in.

That last msg is in my console log too.

Just be sure your USB connection is okay. If you have a lot of USB devices try to disconnect some?

rick
zenke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried every USB connector on my computer.
On omne it works after a fashion. It works after I have plugged it in. Then after that if I close the editor and reopen, it does not connect to the G2.
rick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zenke wrote:
I tried every USB connector on my computer.
On omne it works after a fashion. It works after I have plugged it in. Then after that if I close the editor and reopen, it does not connect to the G2.

Don't close the editor then Smile
What happens if you pull the usb plug an reinsert?
zenke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, Thats what I decided. Laughing

If I unplug and replug it seems to reconect. But thats a pain as the USBs are at the back of my machine which is under my table.
rick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zenke wrote:
Yep, Thats what I decided. Laughing

If I unplug and replug it seems to reconect. But thats a pain as the USBs are at the back of my machine which is under my table.

Then unplug/replug at the back of the NM..?
Or get a usb extension cord and use that.
zenke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh! Sometimes it just needs someone elses mind on things!! Duhh!
Extention lead I shall try. Thanks Ric.

Yep That seems to work . Nice one! I can live with that.

cheers

j
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: