electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Worlds simplest Lunetta filter
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
astroman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Worlds simplest Lunetta filter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, not being the most knowledgable on this forum I've had some grea tips off you guys so I thought I'd give something back.
This is an adaptation of a schemo around here. All I know is it sounds great and better than the other filter circuits I've breadboarded!
I make no guarentees with this!

4046 filter.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.92 KB
 Viewed:  807 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

4046 filter.jpg

trav

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds? (away from my breadboard)

I was messing around with 4046s a while ago, trying to make an all-in-one design like PHOBoS's module, but in the end I opted to make several simpler circuits, like yours, instead.

Connect pins 3 and 4 and have a listen on pins 1 and 2 as well...
ZiLaiHong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for sharing astroman!
I quite love the simplicity of that!

My question is that, do you use a 10uf and 1uf cap connected in parallel for that 11uf cap?

Thanks.
Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

trav wrote:
Sounds? (away from my breadboard).

I second that. Please post some sound samples if possible so we can hear it.

Thanks!
rossics

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I couldn't get that diagram working, other circuits I've seen using the 4046 have the input at pin 14, will try again in the morning
DUBmatze

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rossics wrote:
I couldn't get that diagram working, other circuits I've seen using the 4046 have the input at pin 14, will try again in the morning
do you have powerd it on pin 16?
rossics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DUBmatze wrote:
do you have powered it on pin 16?

Yes i also have power connection at pin 16 and GND at pin 8.
Does the input signal have to be a straight oscillator's output?
I tried with running line level signals into it, and nothing.
Just woke up so I'll have another fiddle with the other input pins soon

EDIT: I found the diagram that I think the OP's one was based off

4046_vco_126.png
 Description:
4046 VCO / Filter?
 Filesize:  27.76 KB
 Viewed:  18537 Time(s)

4046_vco_126.png

DUBmatze

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as far as i see this is just a simple vco witch is feed with a "audio" signal as CV. I think you cant feed a "normal audio" signal in (negativ volatage...)

so whats happens when you just feed power into the circuits input and playing arround with the pot? (and dobble check pin 5 it must be groundet). if you still cant hear somthing touch pin 11 and / or 12 (min and max Freq) with your fingers - in case of fear -> use resistors to ground Wink

I was trying this last week with a arduino Tone synth (with some notes from midi - sketch say ist from Greg Kennedy 2011, cant find URL atm) all i get was a distortion (a nice distortion) similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF-FQzE0F0U
rossics

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I built a version more closer resembling the 2nd diagram, not the OP's one and it worked but it wasn't a filter it was more of some crazy effect.

I managed to get the first diagram working, I had to run pin 11 to gnd through a resistor, and I was also pumping strong signals into from a bare 40106 oscillator, wouldn't work with line level signals
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rossics wrote:
...wouldn't work with line level signals

correct, the CV input range is somewhere between 0.9V and close to Vdd which is much higher then a standard line level signal.
So if you want to use it for that you'd have to add an amplifier to boost the signal. Or you could use something like Tim Escobedo's PWM.

I wonder if the result is similar to this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
acidblue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C2 value definitely needs to be higher, like a .1uF, sounds much better with a higher cap IMHO.
BTW is there a way to add resonance control to this filter??
DUBmatze

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

acidblue wrote:
BTW is there a way to add resonance control to this filter??
maybe by adding a pot to Pin 11.

A other way to get somthing (maybe strange sound) out of it is feeding the orginal input also to Pin 14, connect the Output on Pin 4 to 3 and check the sound on the Pin 2, 13 or 1.
LeighKemp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Worlds simplest Lunetta filter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is an old thread but I've just got round to making this circuit. It's sounds great so I was just wondering if anybody has any mods for it.
gabbagabi

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello LeighKemp, which schemo u have used to build it?
LeighKemp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Worlds simplest Lunetta filter Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi I used to schematic right at the top of the page.
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: