electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
ERRATUM Soundtronics yusynth PCB
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
yusynth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:  ERRATUM Soundtronics yusynth PCB Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have been a bit to hasty when I redesign my PCB for Soundtronics and some mistakes are present on some PCB, I will see with soundtronics to fix these.

Minor problem :
METALIZER BOARD , silkscreens IN and GND are swapped, check if the silscreen differs from what's on my site.

ARP VCF , missing track between the -15V pad of the MOTM connector and the small square pad beside it. Just connect a small wire between those two pads.

Major problem
MIXER : cut the small track that connects the +15V pad of the MOTM connector to the ground buss of the PCB. Then connect the 0V pad of the MOTM connector to the ground buss of the PCB.

AUTOBEND : cut the small track that connects the +15V pad of the MOTM connector to the ground buss of the PCB. Missing track between the two square pads loacted midway between the MOTM connector and the EUro connector. Cure : connect a strap

PULSE DELAY
Error of silkscreen, C2 must be rotated (bad polarisation) the - pin must be the closest to the edge of the board.

SAMPLE AND HOLD

RING MOD
The ground pad of the input connector misses a track to actually connect it to the ground, thus the 1.5K (R8 and R30) is not connected to the ground although it should be. Connect a wire between the ground pad pf this connector to the closest ground track.
There is also a missing track between R16 and the ground track.

Well that's all I hope.

Last edited by yusynth on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
marfoski

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: ERRATUM Soundtronics yusynth PCB Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yusynth wrote:
METALIZER BOARD , silkscreens IN and GND are swapped, check if the silscreen differs from what's on my site.

Yves, maybe I'm dumb, but I cannot find anything on your site about the Metalizer. There's only the old beloved Wavefolder... Am I missing something?

Thank you

Marco
yusynth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not directly accessible because not yet finalized. But you may have a glimpse here.
marfoski

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Thank you so much, Yves!
Flareless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I resolved a bit of a nightmare problem with the Clock Divider;

The +15 voltage from R1/C1 doesn't go anywhere.

The board seemed to work (LEDs flashing and responding to rotary switches) but the output voltage was barely 0.6V.

I jumpered +C1 to the Collector on Q9 and everything worked fine.

yusynth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gee that's another one, I will have this corrected in the next batch and will send a note to Soundtronics about that.
Flareless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Yves! I really love your modules. Thanks for all you've done for the community!!!
r0main

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: VCO pcb Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, do you know when VCO pcbs will be available? Thanks
yusynth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I working on that.
Flareless

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a problem with the Output Monitor module.

There is a missing Ground (Earth) connection on the board at the U1 TL074 pin 3 or 5.

It can be remedied by connecting one of these pins to Ground. I used the centre connection of the 3 wire connection to the Master Volume pot.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Flareless on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
yusynth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info I will correct that on my site and have an erratum published on Soundtronics
noby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firstly, thanks Yves, it's great to see the pcbs for sale.

My pcb etching skills aren't the greatest - I managed to succeed with the minimoog vcf, mixer, lfo, and one of the two ADSRs I etched, after a bit of kludging.

I had etched an OK-looking VCO (3rd attempt), but was hesitant to start populating such a complex board so was delighted to see Soundtronics stocking them.

My question - I have the parts bought for a couple of 2SC1583 VCOs. Are the pcbs for these coming soon, or should I go ahead and kludge it on the available pcb (which seems relatively straight-forward?
yusynth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not planned though I may check with soundtronics
noby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Yves.
synthcube

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we are happy to report we are continuing to offer prior and newer yuSynth PCBs in our webstore including the Output Monitor (with the trace correction incorporated)

http://synthcube.com/cart/yusynth-output-monitor-pcb?search=output%20monitor&description=true

we've acquired MFOS to help carry on Ray Wilson's work: www.musicfromouterspace.com
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » YuSynth
Jump to: