electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Microcontrollers and Programmable Logic
STM32F746G Discovery Board from STmicroelectronics
Page 1 of 5 [122 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
JovianPyx

Audio files: 224

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: STM32F746G Discovery Board from STmicroelectronics
Subject description: Another ARM
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I received the board last week and it looks very nice. I had a bit of trouble with the www.st.com website, but that's since cleared for me. As advice, I suggest making a login account and being logged in before trying to download anything.

Today, I joined the ST Community Fora. In doing so, I found a training zip file (some 800 megabytes) which was full of good stuff including C source files for what appears to be most or all of the board's peripheral devices. There is direct support for the STM32F746G board that I have, so this should provide acceleration of development.

The board was priced at $50.00 (USA) at Digikey, somewhat higher elsewhere, but it looks like a whole lot of bang for the buck.

Time flies like a banana.
Fruit flies when you're having fun.
BTW, Do these genes make my ass look fat?
corruptio optimi pessima
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a bit of frustration with it. I figured it would be good to try the demo apps that are loaded on the board when you get it (before I blow it out with my own code). There are two audio apps, 1 for record, 1 for playback, and there's a video app which also uses sound via the on board CODEC.

The frustration was due to the wrong USB cable. The board has two micro-B OTG ports, either will work for the demo. I had a micro-B to 4 port hub - don't bother - the software in the board isn't sophisticated enough for a hub. It won't work unless you use a micro-B to female-A and plug a FAT32 formatted stick into it. The audio playback app (for .wav only) works and IMO sounds at least as good as my PC sound card (which may not be saying much).

So the board works, the audio is more than good enough to develop on IMO. Far better than the dsPIC32F.

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like an interesting board.

What dev tools are you using for it?
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I first want to try to use all Linux command line tools. I started out with the idea of using a raspberry pi as a host for the tools and while some of them workd (st-link), the gcc compiler was not up to date enough to support the processor on this board.

My next step was to install Oracle's VirtualBox (free) on my Windows 7 workstation so that I can run the lastest Fedora (25). Fedora is considered the "developer's Linux". Once I got that working, all of the tools installed and worked. So Fedora 25 looks very promising.

At this point, I'm away from home for a few days, but when I return I will start a LED blinky project to prove out the tools and my understanding of how to use them. I shall post here again once I get that working.

I looked at Audio Weaver (which is a free tool product for this particular STM board), but it's dependent on a GUI which I don't really like and the expected paradigm seems to be difficult to make something like a MIDI synth. The AW paradigm looks like it's designed to rapidly develop in->process->out applications such as an effects processor, but from the demos and videos, I don't see a way to start with a MIDI event and make sound. Possibly this is because there is no built in MIDI hardware interface. I will have to add a "shield" board with a 6N138 on it for that.

I believe that there's a way to use Eclipse, but I've never liked it, always found it obfuscated, but if the Linux tools fail me, I'll give Eclipse a try and suffer through it.

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info.

I just dug out what I thought was an old STM board that looked like the STM32F746G board and not only does it look like one, it is one! I don't know if it is the same revision, mines got MB1191B printed on it.

I remember when I got it it seemed nearly impossible to actually develop any software for it unless you had Keil so it got stuck in a box, looks like this may have changed now. I'll power it up tomorrow and have a look.
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw at least one demo project based on Keil. I don't really know what it is. I tend to try to stay away from "libraries" as much as I can so that I am more in control of the code. I don't like mysterious function calls where I have no idea exactly what is going on inside them. While it's more work to write it all myself, at least I understand it and that makes it easier to troubleshoot in my opinion.

EDIT ADD:
I went to the Keil site, saw a "request for quote' button and now see that Keil is a buy-it product. Some of the images look like it also depends on a GUI. Once I saw the $$ button - I was done with it.

Are you a Linux user as well (and interested in the command line tools)? I've installed st-link, OpenOCD and arm-none-eabi and now all I need is to actually compile and test a simple project. There are blinky projects designed for this Discovery board posted on the web, so it should be fairly easy to get started with this board.

corruptio optimi pessima
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One thing I've been ruminating about is how to test my MIDI hardware. On the board, there is a Arduino Uno V3 connector for sheild boards. There are boards sold by Adafruit that fit (I have one). Of the pins on that connector, there are 2 pins for RX and TX of USART6 which I intend to use for the MIDI input. My normal modus operandi has been to just use another USART port to transmit information back to a host computer at standard baud rate. What I'm wondering is without a 2nd USART available on that bus, how I can spit the received MIDI data back to my host. I will do some reading on OpenOCD to see if that is going to allow that kind of thing. I believe it communicates back and forth over the USB st-link connection, but as an STM noob at this point, I don't know.

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can use linux but I was going to start by trying SW4STM32 on OS X : http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/sw4stm32.html

As the board has OTG HS&FS I'm guessing that it would be possible to set it up as a class compliant USB Midi device for transferring midi to a computer. I have had a Arduino Due working like this before with some stuff I found on the internet, I will try to find it...

There should be UART over st-link, whether it messes up OpenOCD or not I guess we have to see.

I'm going to grab a coffee and see If I can get the board going...
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I gave up on OS X after bashing my head against the wall for a while and used Linux, Ubuntu 16.04.01.

I installed sw4stm32 which is an eclipse based dev environment for ST stuff, got this from here: http://www.openstm32.org/HomePage

I also installed the stm32cubef7 stuff from here: http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

I imported the BSP example project into a sw4stm32 workspace, built it and debugged it on the board. Worked first time!

Now looking at getting something minimal running...
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe I also installed stm32cubef7, but I won't know until I get home Thursday. All of this stuff is new to me, so I've got to scratch and claw until I understand how all of the pieces fit together. I'm going to try to avoid Eclipse... but at least it's still just C source code. Good that you have the demo working, seeing what's in that source code will be very educational. Things like setting the clock to whatever MHz is currently a mystery to me and I know once I touch the CODEC I'll need to set the clock to accomodate the CODEC (I'm guessing 200 MHz instead of 216 MHz).

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK I got a minimal example going using the cube HAL libs, the elf file is 1.6MB. So quite a lot of overhead for a simple piece of code:

Code:

/**
  ******************************************************************************
  * @file    main.c
  * @author  Ac6
  * @version V1.0
  * @date    01-December-2013
  * @brief   Default main function.
*/

#include "stm32f7xx.h"
#include "stm32746g_discovery.h"

void SystemClock_Config(void);

int main(void)
{
    /* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */
    HAL_Init();

/* Configure the system clock */
    SystemClock_Config();

/* Initialize one of the LED GPIO pin */
    BSP_LED_Init(LED1);

while(true)
    {
        BSP_LED_Toggle(LED1);
        HAL_Delay(2000);
    }
}

/**
  * @brief  System Clock Configuration
  *         The system Clock is configured as follow :
  *            System Clock source            = PLL (HSE)
  *            SYSCLK(Hz)                     = 200000000
  *            HCLK(Hz)                       = 200000000
  *            AHB Prescaler                  = 1
  *            APB1 Prescaler                 = 4
  *            APB2 Prescaler                 = 2
  *            HSE Frequency(Hz)              = 25000000
  *            PLL_M                          = 25
  *            PLL_N                          = 400
  *            PLL_P                          = 2
  *            PLLSAI_N                       = 384
  *            PLLSAI_P                       = 8
  *            VDD(V)                         = 3.3
  *            Main regulator output voltage  = Scale1 mode
  *            Flash Latency(WS)              = 6
  * @param  None
  * @retval None
  */
void SystemClock_Config(void)
{
  RCC_ClkInitTypeDef RCC_ClkInitStruct;
  RCC_OscInitTypeDef RCC_OscInitStruct;
  HAL_StatusTypeDef ret = HAL_OK;

/* Enable HSE Oscillator and activate PLL with HSE as source */
  RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.HSEState = RCC_HSE_ON;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLState = RCC_PLL_ON;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLSource = RCC_PLLSOURCE_HSE;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLM = 25;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLN = 400;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLP = RCC_PLLP_DIV2;
  HAL_RCC_OscConfig(&RCC_OscInitStruct);

ret = HAL_PWREx_EnableOverDrive();

if(ret != HAL_OK)
  {
    while(1) { ; }
  }

/* Select PLL as system clock source and configure the HCLK, PCLK1 and PCLK2
     clocks dividers */
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.ClockType = (RCC_CLOCKTYPE_SYSCLK | RCC_CLOCKTYPE_HCLK | RCC_CLOCKTYPE_PCLK1 | RCC_CLOCKTYPE_PCLK2);
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.SYSCLKSource = RCC_SYSCLKSOURCE_PLLCLK;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.AHBCLKDivider = RCC_SYSCLK_DIV1;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.APB1CLKDivider = RCC_HCLK_DIV4;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.APB2CLKDivider = RCC_HCLK_DIV2;
  HAL_RCC_ClockConfig(&RCC_ClkInitStruct, FLASH_LATENCY_6);
}

I'm guessing that a lot of the overhead is the call to HAL_Init(), I think there may be a bit going on there!

p.s. OpenOCD seems to be able to flash the code for the board but not the QSPI memory. For this you need ST Link, this is not available in it's gui form for anything apart from WIN32. Looks like you can build an open source version for OS X/Linux though but I have not tried that yet.
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having now read some of the documentation for STM32CUBE stuff, I'm not real happy - it uses a GUI to generate init code... I have to wonder exactly how much of that code is really necessary. I know that cube is meant to save developer time when moving code from one CPU type to another - but at this point I have seriously little interest in portability. I'm wondering if after creation of that init code if it could be edited down to only what is necessary for the stm32f746disco board. I really do NOT want to be required to use a GUI for development. One of the reasons for that is that my Fedora runs in a VM that has a limited screen size, the other is that I simply prefer to use a terminal via SSH which allows me to develop from any of my networked machines. But again - if I am forced, I will do it if for nothing else than just to blast out the init code which I can then just copy from project to project.

Also, in the docs, I saw nothing about initialization of USARTs...

I know - bitch bitch bitch Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

corruptio optimi pessima
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog - as an STM noob, it's obvious that you have more experience than I do - would you happen to have a list of readings? Especially how-to stuff? or videos?

I'm finding plenty of marketing crap which is a bit worthless after you've already chosen a product.

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess quite a lot of it isn't necessary, it's the knowing what bits are what that I think might be the problem!

I don't really have any experience with the STM stuff but it is similar to other things I have looked at, basically a board support package for the board and a hardware abstraction layer sitting on top of that.

With SW4STM32 you can create a Cube/HAL project, the example I posted above uses that. I didn't have to use the Cube stuff to generate any code, I told the IDE what board I was using and it did it for me based on the BSP I'm guessing.

The CUBE stuff can be used to generate a Makefile version of the code needed depending on the peripherals you want to use so that may be a good starting point to start pruning. I'm not sure if it uses the HAL stuff for this, I will have a look tomorrow.

I have used SW4STM32 to generate a "bare metal" project for the board, this seems to set up the includes for C++ and C and also creates a startup asm file, a file called "system.c" and a linker def file. I have included those files. It isn't much help apart from that.

I'll also look for some documentation, the STM site is like some kind of nightmare, you are in a maze of twisty passages leading back to where you start!

I'll let you know what I find out, it would be good to get that bare metal project at least blinking the LED. I will have a look through the HAL code to see how much it's doing in that init code, my guess looking at the size of the ELF is quite a bit...

p.s. I also found a midi device sample for the F2/F4 sitting in my development folder, I have included that as well.

STMBare.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  STMBare.zip
 Filesize:  5.32 KB
 Downloaded:  507 Time(s)

stm32-midi-demo.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  stm32-midi-demo.zip
 Filesize:  1.47 MB
 Downloaded:  545 Time(s)

JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have my win10 laptop with me, so I downloaded and installed STM32cubeMX to just see what it does. I started by selecting the board as STM32F746NGHx. I was then able to select and configure USART3 and USART6. USART6 is supposed to connect to CPU pins PC6 and PC7 according to one of the PDFs for the board, but in information from STM32cubeMX says the pins are PG14 and PG9. If there is an I/O matrix that needs to be configured to put the USART where I need it - it's not apparent. I picked USART6 because it's RX and TX pins are supposedly brought out to the Arduino Uno V3 connector as ARD-D0 and ARD-D1. What I see from cube would tell me that selected the wrong board, but the number matches the board and stuff like the package (BGA216) is correct. Frustrating to say the least.

My plan was to generate the init code with cube and then just plop it into a project that I can do under Linux. Not so easy it seems.

So I'm just getting deeper into the quick-sand.

Yeah - the STM site is definitely a twisting maze of twisty little tunnels... I thought Microchip had a bad site. Sheesh...

Last edited by JovianPyx on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mooching around on the internet I found a n example make file project for the board which doesn't use the HAL, it's a FAT file system demo, might be worth a look https://github.com/aroyer-qc/STM32F7_FatFS_HAL_Free
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hopefully between the two of us we can get something basic working that can be built up into synths and effects 'n stuff... Thanks for the links!

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

Just had another quick look before starting work.

There is a useful doc STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0/Documentation/STM32CubeF7GettingStarted.pdf that is worth a look, it shows the different levels of code that the cube stuff has.

There is a low level (LL) interface that it says is the minimal required to get something going on the board, and there are a couple of IDE template projects. There is also a set of examples using the LL interface.

I used one of the templates to create a project in the IDE, this builds and runs on the board. I have included a screen dump of the files it included.

Hopefully sometime today I can have a look and set up a makefile project and this will give you a good starting point to get going on the board.

screenshot_428.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.65 KB
 Viewed:  496 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

screenshot_428.png

BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK good news, got the led blinking with the LL stuff Smile

Got to start work now but will get a makefile version going sometime today...
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LL stuff ?

I find this this "abstraction" stuff as annoying as the Microchip documentation is, but I think the Microchip methods are easier (there is no abstraction with assembly language bare metal stuff) than the STM stuff. I'm a bit stuck on how to resolve the difference between what STMcubeMX creates and what is on the board.

I know I'm missing something both simple and large.

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think you will be upset with the LL interface, it is pretty low level. Basically just the structures needed and very low level functions to initialise hardware.

For example here is the ADC stuff:

Code:

/**
  * @file    stm32f7xx_ll_adc.c
  * @author  MCD Application Team
  * @version V1.2.2
  * @date    14-April-2017
  * @brief   ADC LL module driver
  * @attention
  * <h2><center>&copy; COPYRIGHT(c) 2017 STMicroelectronics</center></h2>
  * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
  * are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
  *   1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
  *      this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
  *   2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
  *      this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
  *      and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
  *   3. Neither the name of STMicroelectronics nor the names of its contributors
  *      may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
  *      without specific prior written permission.
  * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
  * AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
  * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
  * DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
  * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
  * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
  * SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
  * CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
  * OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
  * OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
  */
#if defined(USE_FULL_LL_DRIVER)

/* Includes ------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#include "stm32f7xx_ll_adc.h"
#include "stm32f7xx_ll_bus.h"

#ifdef  USE_FULL_ASSERT
  #include "stm32_assert.h"
#else
  #define assert_param(expr) ((void)0U)
#endif

/** @addtogroup STM32F7xx_LL_Driver
  * @{
  */

#if defined (ADC1) || defined (ADC2) || defined (ADC3)

/** @addtogroup ADC_LL ADC
  * @{
  */

/* Private types -------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Private variables ---------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Private constants ---------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Private macros ------------------------------------------------------------*/

/** @addtogroup ADC_LL_Private_Macros
  * @{
  */

/* Check of parameters for configuration of ADC hierarchical scope:           */
/* common to several ADC instances.                                           */
#define IS_LL_ADC_COMMON_CLOCK(__CLOCK__)                                      \
  (   ((__CLOCK__) == LL_ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV2)                             \
   || ((__CLOCK__) == LL_ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV4)                             \
   || ((__CLOCK__) == LL_ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV6)                             \
   || ((__CLOCK__) == LL_ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV8)                             \
  )

/* Check of parameters for configuration of ADC hierarchical scope:           */
/* ADC instance.                                                              */
#define IS_LL_ADC_RESOLUTION(__RESOLUTION__)                                   \
  (   ((__RESOLUTION__) == LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B)                              \
   || ((__RESOLUTION__) == LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_10B)                              \
   || ((__RESOLUTION__) == LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_8B)                               \
   || ((__RESOLUTION__) == LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_6B)                               \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_DATA_ALIGN(__DATA_ALIGN__)                                   \
  (   ((__DATA_ALIGN__) == LL_ADC_DATA_ALIGN_RIGHT)                            \
   || ((__DATA_ALIGN__) == LL_ADC_DATA_ALIGN_LEFT)                             \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_SCAN_SELECTION(__SCAN_SELECTION__)                           \
  (   ((__SCAN_SELECTION__) == LL_ADC_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)                        \
   || ((__SCAN_SELECTION__) == LL_ADC_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE)                         \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_SEQ_SCAN_MODE(__SEQ_SCAN_MODE__)                             \
  (   ((__SCAN_MODE__) == LL_ADC_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)                             \
   || ((__SCAN_MODE__) == LL_ADC_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE)                              \
  )

/* ADC group regular                                                          */
#define IS_LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_SOURCE(__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__)                         \
  (   ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_SOFTWARE)                      \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_CH1)                  \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_CH2)                  \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_CH3)                  \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM2_CH2)                  \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM5_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM4_CH4)                  \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM3_CH4)                  \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM8_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_TRGO2)                \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM2_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM4_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_TIM6_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__REG_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_EXT_EXTI_LINE11)               \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_REG_CONTINUOUS_MODE(__REG_CONTINUOUS_MODE__)                 \
  (   ((__REG_CONTINUOUS_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_CONV_SINGLE)                    \
   || ((__REG_CONTINUOUS_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_CONV_CONTINUOUS)                \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_REG_DMA_TRANSFER(__REG_DMA_TRANSFER__)                       \
  (   ((__REG_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_REG_DMA_TRANSFER_NONE)                 \
   || ((__REG_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_REG_DMA_TRANSFER_LIMITED)              \
   || ((__REG_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_REG_DMA_TRANSFER_UNLIMITED)            \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_REG_FLAG_EOC_SELECTION(__REG_FLAG_EOC_SELECTION__)           \
  (   ((__REG_FLAG_EOC_SELECTION__) == LL_ADC_REG_FLAG_EOC_SEQUENCE_CONV)      \
   || ((__REG_FLAG_EOC_SELECTION__) == LL_ADC_REG_FLAG_EOC_UNITARY_CONV)       \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH(__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__)                 \
  (   ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)               \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_2RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_3RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_4RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_5RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_6RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_7RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_8RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_9RANKS)         \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_10RANKS)        \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_11RANKS)        \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_12RANKS)        \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_13RANKS)        \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_14RANKS)        \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_15RANKS)        \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_16RANKS)        \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISCONT_MODE(__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__)          \
  (   ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_DISABLE)           \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_1RANK)             \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_2RANKS)            \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_3RANKS)            \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_4RANKS)            \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_5RANKS)            \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_6RANKS)            \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_7RANKS)            \
   || ((__REG_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_8RANKS)            \
  )

/* ADC group injected                                                         */
#define IS_LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_SOURCE(__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__)                         \
  (   ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_SOFTWARE)                      \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_CH4)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM2_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM2_CH1)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM3_CH4)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM4_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM8_CH4)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM1_TRGO2)                \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM8_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM8_TRGO2)                \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM3_CH3)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM5_TRGO)                 \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM3_CH1)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_SOURCE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_TIM6_TRGO)                 \
  )
#define IS_LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_EDGE(__INJ_TRIG_EXT_EDGE__)                     \
  (   ((__INJ_TRIG_EXT_EDGE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_RISING)                  \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_EXT_EDGE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_FALLING)                 \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_EXT_EDGE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_EXT_RISINGFALLING)           \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_AUTO(__INJ_TRIG_AUTO__)                             \
  (   ((__INJ_TRIG_AUTO__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_INDEPENDENT)                     \
   || ((__INJ_TRIG_AUTO__) == LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_FROM_GRP_REGULAR)                \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH(__INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__)                 \
  (   ((__INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)               \
   || ((__INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_2RANKS)         \
   || ((__INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_3RANKS)         \
   || ((__INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH__) == LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE_4RANKS)         \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_DISCONT_MODE(__INJ_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__)          \
  (   ((__INJ_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_DISCONT_DISABLE)           \
   || ((__INJ_SEQ_DISCONT_MODE__) == LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_DISCONT_1RANK)             \
  )

/* multimode.                                                                 */
#if defined(ADC3)
#define IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_MODE(__MULTI_MODE__)                                   \
  (   ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_INDEPENDENT)                           \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_SIMULT)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_INTERL)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_INJ_SIMULT)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_INJ_ALTERN)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_SIM_INJ_SIM)                  \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_SIM_INJ_ALT)                  \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_INT_INJ_SIM)                  \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TRIPLE_REG_SIM_INJ_SIM)                \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TRIPLE_REG_SIM_INJ_ALT)                \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TRIPLE_INJ_SIMULT)                     \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TRIPLE_REG_SIMULT)                     \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TRIPLE_REG_INTERL)                     \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TRIPLE_INJ_ALTERN)                     \
  )
#else
#define IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_MODE(__MULTI_MODE__)                                   \
  (   ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_INDEPENDENT)                           \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_SIMULT)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_INTERL)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_INJ_SIMULT)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_INJ_ALTERN)                       \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_SIM_INJ_SIM)                  \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_SIM_INJ_ALT)                  \
   || ((__MULTI_MODE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_DUAL_REG_INT_INJ_SIM)                  \
  )
#endif

#define IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER(__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__)                   \
  (   ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_EACH_ADC)              \
   || ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_LIMIT_1)               \
   || ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_LIMIT_2)               \
   || ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_LIMIT_3)               \
   || ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_UNLMT_1)               \
   || ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_UNLMT_2)               \
   || ((__MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_UNLMT_3)               \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY(__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__)                   \
  (   ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_5CYCLES)          \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_6CYCLES)          \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_7CYCLES)          \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_8CYCLES)          \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_9CYCLES)          \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_10CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_11CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_12CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_13CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_14CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_15CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_16CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_17CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_18CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_19CYCLES)         \
   || ((__MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_20CYCLES)         \
  )

#define IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_MASTER_SLAVE(__MULTI_MASTER_SLAVE__)                   \
  (   ((__MULTI_MASTER_SLAVE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_MASTER)                        \
   || ((__MULTI_MASTER_SLAVE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_SLAVE)                         \
   || ((__MULTI_MASTER_SLAVE__) == LL_ADC_MULTI_MASTER_SLAVE)                  \
  )

/**
  * @}
  */

/* Private function prototypes -----------------------------------------------*/

/* Exported functions --------------------------------------------------------*/
/** @addtogroup ADC_LL_Exported_Functions
  * @{
  */

/** @addtogroup ADC_LL_EF_Init
  * @{
  */

/**
  * @brief  De-initialize registers of all ADC instances belonging to
  *         the same ADC common instance to their default reset values.
  * @param  ADCxy_COMMON ADC common instance
  *         (can be set directly from CMSIS definition or by using helper macro @ref __LL_ADC_COMMON_INSTANCE() )
  * @retval An ErrorStatus enumeration value:
  *          - SUCCESS: ADC common registers are de-initialized
  *          - ERROR: not applicable
  */
ErrorStatus LL_ADC_CommonDeInit(ADC_Common_TypeDef *ADCxy_COMMON)
{
  /* Check the parameters */
  assert_param(IS_ADC_COMMON_INSTANCE(ADCxy_COMMON));

/* Force reset of ADC clock (core clock) */
  LL_APB2_GRP1_ForceReset(LL_APB2_GRP1_PERIPH_ADC);

/* Release reset of ADC clock (core clock) */
  LL_APB2_GRP1_ReleaseReset(LL_APB2_GRP1_PERIPH_ADC);

return SUCCESS;
}

/**
  * @brief  Initialize some features of ADC common parameters
  *         (all ADC instances belonging to the same ADC common instance)
  *         and multimode (for devices with several ADC instances available).
  * @note   The setting of ADC common parameters is conditioned to
  *         ADC instances state:
  *         All ADC instances belonging to the same ADC common instance
  *         must be disabled.
  * @param  ADCxy_COMMON ADC common instance
  *         (can be set directly from CMSIS definition or by using helper macro @ref __LL_ADC_COMMON_INSTANCE() )
  * @param  ADC_CommonInitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_CommonInitTypeDef structure
  *          - SUCCESS: ADC common registers are initialized
  *          - ERROR: ADC common registers are not initialized
  */
ErrorStatus LL_ADC_CommonInit(ADC_Common_TypeDef *ADCxy_COMMON, LL_ADC_CommonInitTypeDef *ADC_CommonInitStruct)
{
  ErrorStatus status = SUCCESS;

assert_param(IS_ADC_COMMON_INSTANCE(ADCxy_COMMON));
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_COMMON_CLOCK(ADC_CommonInitStruct->CommonClock));

assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_MODE(ADC_CommonInitStruct->Multimode));
  if(ADC_CommonInitStruct->Multimode != LL_ADC_MULTI_INDEPENDENT)
  {
    assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_DMA_TRANSFER(ADC_CommonInitStruct->MultiDMATransfer));
    assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY(ADC_CommonInitStruct->MultiTwoSamplingDelay));
  }

/* Note: Hardware constraint (refer to description of functions             */
  /*       "LL_ADC_SetCommonXXX()" and "LL_ADC_SetMultiXXX()"):               */
  /*       On this STM32 serie, setting of these features is conditioned to   */
  /*       ADC state:                                                         */
  /*       All ADC instances of the ADC common group must be disabled.        */
  if(__LL_ADC_IS_ENABLED_ALL_COMMON_INSTANCE(ADCxy_COMMON) == 0U)
  {
    /* Configuration of ADC hierarchical scope:                               */
    /*  - common to several ADC                                               */
    /*    (all ADC instances belonging to the same ADC common instance)       */
    /*    - Set ADC clock (conversion clock)                                  */
    /*  - multimode (if several ADC instances available on the                */
    /*    selected device)                                                    */
    /*    - Set ADC multimode configuration                                   */
    /*    - Set ADC multimode DMA transfer                                    */
    /*    - Set ADC multimode: delay between 2 sampling phases                */
    if(ADC_CommonInitStruct->Multimode != LL_ADC_MULTI_INDEPENDENT)
    {
      MODIFY_REG(ADCxy_COMMON->CCR,
                   ADC_CCR_ADCPRE
                 | ADC_CCR_MULTI
                 | ADC_CCR_DMA
                 | ADC_CCR_DDS
                 | ADC_CCR_DELAY
                   ADC_CommonInitStruct->CommonClock
                 | ADC_CommonInitStruct->Multimode
                 | ADC_CommonInitStruct->MultiDMATransfer
                 | ADC_CommonInitStruct->MultiTwoSamplingDelay
                );
    }
    else
    {
      MODIFY_REG(ADCxy_COMMON->CCR,
                   ADC_CCR_ADCPRE
                 | ADC_CCR_MULTI
                 | ADC_CCR_DMA
                 | ADC_CCR_DDS
                 | ADC_CCR_DELAY
                   ADC_CommonInitStruct->CommonClock
                 | LL_ADC_MULTI_INDEPENDENT
                );
    }
  }
  else
  {
    /* Initialization error: One or several ADC instances belonging to        */
    /* the same ADC common instance are not disabled.                         */
    status = ERROR;
  }

return status;
}

/**
  * @brief  Set each @ref LL_ADC_CommonInitTypeDef field to default value.
  * @param  ADC_CommonInitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_CommonInitTypeDef structure
  *                              whose fields will be set to default values.
  * @retval None
  */
void LL_ADC_CommonStructInit(LL_ADC_CommonInitTypeDef *ADC_CommonInitStruct)
{
  /* Set ADC_CommonInitStruct fields to default values */
  /* Set fields of ADC common */
  /* (all ADC instances belonging to the same ADC common instance) */
  ADC_CommonInitStruct->CommonClock = LL_ADC_CLOCK_SYNC_PCLK_DIV2;

/* Set fields of ADC multimode */
  ADC_CommonInitStruct->Multimode             = LL_ADC_MULTI_INDEPENDENT;
    ADC_CommonInitStruct->MultiDMATransfer      = LL_ADC_MULTI_REG_DMA_EACH_ADC;
  ADC_CommonInitStruct->MultiTwoSamplingDelay = LL_ADC_MULTI_TWOSMP_DELAY_5CYCLES;
}

/**
  * @brief  De-initialize registers of the selected ADC instance
  *         to their default reset values.
  * @note   To reset all ADC instances quickly (perform a hard reset),
  *         use function @ref LL_ADC_CommonDeInit().
  * @param  ADCx ADC instance
  *          - SUCCESS: ADC registers are de-initialized
  *          - ERROR: ADC registers are not de-initialized
  */
ErrorStatus LL_ADC_DeInit(ADC_TypeDef *ADCx)
{

assert_param(IS_ADC_ALL_INSTANCE(ADCx));

/* Disable ADC instance if not already disabled.                            */
  if(LL_ADC_IsEnabled(ADCx) == 1U)
  {
    /* Set ADC group regular trigger source to SW start to ensure to not      */
    /* have an external trigger event occurring during the conversion stop    */
    /* ADC disable process.                                                   */
    LL_ADC_REG_SetTriggerSource(ADCx, LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_SOFTWARE);

/* Set ADC group injected trigger source to SW start to ensure to not     */
    /* have an external trigger event occurring during the conversion stop    */
    /* ADC disable process.                                                   */
    LL_ADC_INJ_SetTriggerSource(ADCx, LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_SOFTWARE);

/* Disable the ADC instance */
    LL_ADC_Disable(ADCx);
  }

/* Check whether ADC state is compliant with expected state */
  /* (hardware requirements of bits state to reset registers below) */
  if(READ_BIT(ADCx->CR2, ADC_CR2_ADON) == 0U)
  {
    /* ========== Reset ADC registers ========== */
    /* Reset register SR */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->SR,
              (  LL_ADC_FLAG_STRT
               | LL_ADC_FLAG_JSTRT
               | LL_ADC_FLAG_EOCS
               | LL_ADC_FLAG_OVR
               | LL_ADC_FLAG_JEOS
               | LL_ADC_FLAG_AWD1 )
             );

/* Reset register CR1 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->CR1,
              (  ADC_CR1_OVRIE   | ADC_CR1_RES     | ADC_CR1_AWDEN
               | ADC_CR1_JAWDEN
               | ADC_CR1_DISCNUM | ADC_CR1_JDISCEN | ADC_CR1_DISCEN
               | ADC_CR1_JAUTO   | ADC_CR1_AWDSGL  | ADC_CR1_SCAN
               | ADC_CR1_JEOCIE  | ADC_CR1_AWDIE   | ADC_CR1_EOCIE
               | ADC_CR1_AWDCH                                     )
             );

/* Reset register CR2 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->CR2,
              (  ADC_CR2_SWSTART  | ADC_CR2_EXTEN  | ADC_CR2_EXTSEL
               | ADC_CR2_JSWSTART | ADC_CR2_JEXTEN | ADC_CR2_JEXTSEL
               | ADC_CR2_ALIGN    | ADC_CR2_EOCS
               | ADC_CR2_DDS      | ADC_CR2_DMA
               | ADC_CR2_CONT     | ADC_CR2_ADON                    )
             );

/* Reset register SMPR1 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->SMPR1,
              (  ADC_SMPR1_SMP18 | ADC_SMPR1_SMP17 | ADC_SMPR1_SMP16
               | ADC_SMPR1_SMP15 | ADC_SMPR1_SMP14 | ADC_SMPR1_SMP13
               | ADC_SMPR1_SMP12 | ADC_SMPR1_SMP11 | ADC_SMPR1_SMP10)
             );

/* Reset register SMPR2 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->SMPR2,
              (  ADC_SMPR2_SMP9
               | ADC_SMPR2_SMP8 | ADC_SMPR2_SMP7 | ADC_SMPR2_SMP6
               | ADC_SMPR2_SMP5 | ADC_SMPR2_SMP4 | ADC_SMPR2_SMP3
               | ADC_SMPR2_SMP2 | ADC_SMPR2_SMP1 | ADC_SMPR2_SMP0)
             );

/* Reset register JOFR1 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->JOFR1, ADC_JOFR1_JOFFSET1);
    /* Reset register JOFR2 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->JOFR2, ADC_JOFR2_JOFFSET2);
    /* Reset register JOFR3 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->JOFR3, ADC_JOFR3_JOFFSET3);
    /* Reset register JOFR4 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->JOFR4, ADC_JOFR4_JOFFSET4);

/* Reset register HTR */
    SET_BIT(ADCx->HTR, ADC_HTR_HT);
    /* Reset register LTR */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->LTR, ADC_LTR_LT);

/* Reset register SQR1 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->SQR1,
              (  ADC_SQR1_L
               | ADC_SQR1_SQ16
               | ADC_SQR1_SQ15 | ADC_SQR1_SQ14 | ADC_SQR1_SQ13)
             );

/* Reset register SQR2 */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->SQR2,
              (  ADC_SQR2_SQ12 | ADC_SQR2_SQ11 | ADC_SQR2_SQ10
               | ADC_SQR2_SQ9 | ADC_SQR2_SQ8 | ADC_SQR2_SQ7)
             );

/* Reset register JSQR */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADCx->JSQR,
              (  ADC_JSQR_JL
               | ADC_JSQR_JSQ4 | ADC_JSQR_JSQ3
               | ADC_JSQR_JSQ2 | ADC_JSQR_JSQ1  )
             );

/* Reset register DR */
    /* bits in access mode read only, no direct reset applicable */

/* Reset registers JDR1, JDR2, JDR3, JDR4 */
    /* bits in access mode read only, no direct reset applicable */

/* Reset register CCR */
    CLEAR_BIT(ADC->CCR, ADC_CCR_TSVREFE | ADC_CCR_ADCPRE);
  }

return status;
}

/**
  * @brief  Initialize some features of ADC instance.
  * @note   These parameters have an impact on ADC scope: ADC instance.
  *         Affects both group regular and group injected (availability
  *         of ADC group injected depends on STM32 families).
  *         Refer to corresponding unitary functions into
  *         @ref ADC_LL_EF_Configuration_ADC_Instance .
  * @note   The setting of these parameters by function @ref LL_ADC_Init()
  *         is conditioned to ADC state:
  *         ADC instance must be disabled.
  *         This condition is applied to all ADC features, for efficiency
  *         and compatibility over all STM32 families. However, the different
  *         features can be set under different ADC state conditions
  *         (setting possible with ADC enabled without conversion on going,
  *         ADC enabled with conversion on going, ...)
  *         Each feature can be updated afterwards with a unitary function
  *         and potentially with ADC in a different state than disabled,
  *         refer to description of each function for setting
  *         conditioned to ADC state.
  * @note   After using this function, some other features must be configured
  *         using LL unitary functions.
  *         The minimum configuration remaining to be done is:
  *          - Set ADC group regular or group injected sequencer:
  *            map channel on the selected sequencer rank.
  *            Refer to function @ref LL_ADC_REG_SetSequencerRanks().
  *          - Set ADC channel sampling time
  *            Refer to function LL_ADC_SetChannelSamplingTime();
  * @param  ADC_InitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_REG_InitTypeDef structure
  *          - SUCCESS: ADC registers are initialized
  *          - ERROR: ADC registers are not initialized
  */
ErrorStatus LL_ADC_Init(ADC_TypeDef *ADCx, LL_ADC_InitTypeDef *ADC_InitStruct)
{

assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_RESOLUTION(ADC_InitStruct->Resolution));
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_DATA_ALIGN(ADC_InitStruct->DataAlignment));
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_SCAN_SELECTION(ADC_InitStruct->SequencersScanMode));

/* Note: Hardware constraint (refer to description of this function):       */
  /*       ADC instance must be disabled.                                     */
  if(LL_ADC_IsEnabled(ADCx) == 0U)
  {
    /*  - ADC instance                                                        */
    /*    - Set ADC data resolution                                           */
    /*    - Set ADC conversion data alignment                                 */
    MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR1,
                 ADC_CR1_RES
               | ADC_CR1_SCAN
                 ADC_InitStruct->Resolution
               | ADC_InitStruct->SequencersScanMode
              );

MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR2,
                 ADC_CR2_ALIGN
                 ADC_InitStruct->DataAlignment
              );

}
  else
  {
    /* Initialization error: ADC instance is not disabled. */
    status = ERROR;
  }
  return status;
}

/**
  * @brief  Set each @ref LL_ADC_InitTypeDef field to default value.
  * @param  ADC_InitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_InitTypeDef structure
  *                        whose fields will be set to default values.
  * @retval None
  */
void LL_ADC_StructInit(LL_ADC_InitTypeDef *ADC_InitStruct)
{
  /* Set ADC_InitStruct fields to default values */
  /* Set fields of ADC instance */
  ADC_InitStruct->Resolution    = LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B;
  ADC_InitStruct->DataAlignment = LL_ADC_DATA_ALIGN_RIGHT;

/* Enable scan mode to have a generic behavior with ADC of other            */
  /* STM32 families, without this setting available:                          */
  /* ADC group regular sequencer and ADC group injected sequencer depend      */
  /* only of their own configuration.                                         */
  ADC_InitStruct->SequencersScanMode      = LL_ADC_SEQ_SCAN_ENABLE;

}

/**
  * @brief  Initialize some features of ADC group regular.
  * @note   These parameters have an impact on ADC scope: ADC group regular.
  *         @ref ADC_LL_EF_Configuration_ADC_Group_Regular
  *         (functions with prefix "REG").
  * @note   After using this function, other features must be configured
  *          - Set ADC group regular or group injected sequencer:
  *            Refer to function @ref LL_ADC_REG_SetSequencerRanks().
  * @param  ADC_REG_InitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_REG_InitTypeDef structure
  */
ErrorStatus LL_ADC_REG_Init(ADC_TypeDef *ADCx, LL_ADC_REG_InitTypeDef *ADC_REG_InitStruct)
{

assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_SOURCE(ADC_REG_InitStruct->TriggerSource));
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH(ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength));
  if(ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength != LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)
  {
    assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISCONT_MODE(ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerDiscont));
  }
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_REG_CONTINUOUS_MODE(ADC_REG_InitStruct->ContinuousMode));
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_REG_DMA_TRANSFER(ADC_REG_InitStruct->DMATransfer));

{
    /*  - ADC group regular                                                   */
    /*    - Set ADC group regular trigger source                              */
    /*    - Set ADC group regular sequencer length                            */
    /*    - Set ADC group regular sequencer discontinuous mode                */
    /*    - Set ADC group regular continuous mode                             */
    /*    - Set ADC group regular conversion data transfer: no transfer or    */
    /*      transfer by DMA, and DMA requests mode                            */
    /* Note: On this STM32 serie, ADC trigger edge is set when starting       */
    /*       ADC conversion.                                                  */
    /*       Refer to function @ref LL_ADC_REG_StartConversionExtTrig().      */
    if(ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength != LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)
    {
      MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR1,
                   ADC_CR1_DISCEN
                 | ADC_CR1_DISCNUM
                   ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength
                 | ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerDiscont
                );
    }
    else
    {
      MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR1,
                   ADC_CR1_DISCEN
                 | ADC_CR1_DISCNUM
                   ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength
                 | LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_DISABLE
                );
    }

MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR2,
                 ADC_CR2_EXTSEL
               | ADC_CR2_EXTEN
               | ADC_CR2_CONT
               | ADC_CR2_DMA
               | ADC_CR2_DDS
                (ADC_REG_InitStruct->TriggerSource & ADC_CR2_EXTSEL)
               | ADC_REG_InitStruct->ContinuousMode
               | ADC_REG_InitStruct->DMATransfer
              );

/* Set ADC group regular sequencer length and scan direction */
    /* Note: Hardware constraint (refer to description of this function):     */
    /* Note: If ADC instance feature scan mode is disabled                    */
    /*       (refer to  ADC instance initialization structure                 */
    /*       parameter @ref SequencersScanMode                                */
    /*       or function @ref LL_ADC_SetSequencersScanMode() ),               */
    /*       this parameter is discarded.                                     */
    LL_ADC_REG_SetSequencerLength(ADCx, ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength);
  }
  else
  {
    status = ERROR;
  }
  return status;
}

/**
  * @brief  Set each @ref LL_ADC_REG_InitTypeDef field to default value.
  * @param  ADC_REG_InitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_REG_InitTypeDef structure
  *                            whose fields will be set to default values.
  * @retval None
  */
void LL_ADC_REG_StructInit(LL_ADC_REG_InitTypeDef *ADC_REG_InitStruct)
{
  /* Set ADC_REG_InitStruct fields to default values */
  /* Set fields of ADC group regular */
  /* Note: On this STM32 serie, ADC trigger edge is set when starting         */
  /*       ADC conversion.                                                    */
  /*       Refer to function @ref LL_ADC_REG_StartConversionExtTrig().        */
  ADC_REG_InitStruct->TriggerSource    = LL_ADC_REG_TRIG_SOFTWARE;
  ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerLength  = LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE;
  ADC_REG_InitStruct->SequencerDiscont = LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_DISABLE;
  ADC_REG_InitStruct->ContinuousMode   = LL_ADC_REG_CONV_SINGLE;
  ADC_REG_InitStruct->DMATransfer      = LL_ADC_REG_DMA_TRANSFER_NONE;
}

/**
  * @brief  Initialize some features of ADC group injected.
  * @note   These parameters have an impact on ADC scope: ADC group injected.
  *         @ref ADC_LL_EF_Configuration_ADC_Group_Regular
  *         (functions with prefix "INJ").
  * @note   After using this function, other features must be configured
  *          - Set ADC group injected sequencer:
  *            Refer to function @ref LL_ADC_INJ_SetSequencerRanks().
  * @param  ADC_INJ_InitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_INJ_InitTypeDef structure
  */
ErrorStatus LL_ADC_INJ_Init(ADC_TypeDef *ADCx, LL_ADC_INJ_InitTypeDef *ADC_INJ_InitStruct)
{

assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_SOURCE(ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TriggerSource));
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_LENGTH(ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerLength));
  if(ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerLength != LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)
  {
    assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_DISCONT_MODE(ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerDiscont));
  }
  assert_param(IS_LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_AUTO(ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TrigAuto));

{
    /*  - ADC group injected                                                  */
    /*    - Set ADC group injected trigger source                             */
    /*    - Set ADC group injected sequencer length                           */
    /*    - Set ADC group injected sequencer discontinuous mode               */
    /*    - Set ADC group injected conversion trigger: independent or         */
    /*      from ADC group regular                                            */
    /* Note: On this STM32 serie, ADC trigger edge is set when starting       */
    /*       ADC conversion.                                                  */
    /*       Refer to function @ref LL_ADC_INJ_StartConversionExtTrig().      */
    if(ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerLength != LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE)
    {
      MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR1,
                   ADC_CR1_JDISCEN
                 | ADC_CR1_JAUTO
                   ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerDiscont
                 | ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TrigAuto
                );
    }
    else
    {
      MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR1,
                   ADC_CR1_JDISCEN
                 | ADC_CR1_JAUTO
                   LL_ADC_REG_SEQ_DISCONT_DISABLE
                 | ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TrigAuto
                );
    }

MODIFY_REG(ADCx->CR2,
                 ADC_CR2_JEXTSEL
               | ADC_CR2_JEXTEN
                (ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TriggerSource & ADC_CR2_JEXTSEL)
              );

/* Note: Hardware constraint (refer to description of this function):     */
    /* Note: If ADC instance feature scan mode is disabled                    */
    /*       (refer to  ADC instance initialization structure                 */
    /*       parameter @ref SequencersScanMode                                */
    /*       or function @ref LL_ADC_SetSequencersScanMode() ),               */
    /*       this parameter is discarded.                                     */
    LL_ADC_INJ_SetSequencerLength(ADCx, ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerLength);
  }
  else
  {
    status = ERROR;
  }
  return status;
}

/**
  * @brief  Set each @ref LL_ADC_INJ_InitTypeDef field to default value.
  * @param  ADC_INJ_InitStruct Pointer to a @ref LL_ADC_INJ_InitTypeDef structure
  *                            whose fields will be set to default values.
  * @retval None
  */
void LL_ADC_INJ_StructInit(LL_ADC_INJ_InitTypeDef *ADC_INJ_InitStruct)
{
  /* Set ADC_INJ_InitStruct fields to default values */
  /* Set fields of ADC group injected */
  ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TriggerSource    = LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_SOFTWARE;
  ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerLength  = LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_SCAN_DISABLE;
  ADC_INJ_InitStruct->SequencerDiscont = LL_ADC_INJ_SEQ_DISCONT_DISABLE;
  ADC_INJ_InitStruct->TrigAuto         = LL_ADC_INJ_TRIG_INDEPENDENT;
}

/**
  * @}
  */

/**
  * @}
  */

/**
  * @}
  */

#endif /* ADC1 || ADC2 || ADC3 */

/**
  * @}
  */

#endif /* USE_FULL_LL_DRIVER */

/************************ (C) COPYRIGHT STMicroelectronics *****END OF FILE****/
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also you can ignore STMcubeMX and just use the LL interface to set everything up. I guess you just need the data sheets for all the relevant bits and a bit of head scratching Smile
JovianPyx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh I do feel silly Rolling Eyes LL interface - I assume LL stands for Low Level - but where is it?

I mean, how do I use/run that? I'm currently running STMcubeMX on a Windows 10 box, can the LL thing run under Windows?

I'm considering installing VirtualBox on this laptop so I can use Fedora 25 - would that be a better idea?

corruptio optimi pessima
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you might have missed this post:

BobTheDog wrote:
Hi,

Just had another quick look before starting work.

There is a useful doc STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0/Documentation/STM32CubeF7GettingStarted.pdf that is worth a look, it shows the different levels of code that the cube stuff has.

There is a low level (LL) interface that it says is the minimal required to get something going on the board, and there are a couple of IDE template projects. There is also a set of examples using the LL interface.

I used one of the templates to create a project in the IDE, this builds and runs on the board. I have included a screen dump of the files it included.

Hopefully sometime today I can have a look and set up a makefile project and this will give you a good starting point to get going on the board.

If you look at that pdf file it gives a good overview of the different levels of abstraction.

To be honest I don't think you want to use CubeMX at all, it's for generating code at the higher HAL level so if you really want bare metal type of stuff you don't need that. If you want USB/TCPIP stacks then I'm guessing you need to use it though?

I'm just trying to get a Makefile going for building the LL example blinky I have, I'm not a make file expert though so it isn't going well!
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can get the STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.7.0 stuff here http://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html right at the bottom of the page.
Page 1 of 5 [122 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Microcontrollers and Programmable Logic
Jump to: