electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
MPE polyphony
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
tIB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: MPE polyphony Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At some point in the coming weeks I'm going to attempt to make my g2e respond to polyphonic MPE, which basically means one midi channel per voice (for note on, velocity, bend and another parameter) and a control channel for the rest.

Any ideas how I might go about achieving this within nord modular, short of doing 4 voices in a multi? Maybe someone already tried?
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 slots is the way to go. I'm pretty sure you can't do it all in one slot.
tIB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wondered. Suppose four slots with polyphony on each might work OK, though worry it would end up as one voice per slot to get things working right...
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep one voice per slot is the way to go.

A few years ago the guys in the know here went through this with me for getting 6 channel midi guitar working with the G2, I'm pretty sure that the consensus in the end was to use two G2s, or get a Bass guitar Wink
tIB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ha- I always wanted to try a midi guitar into my monomachine. Seems my mpe wants won't be met by the g2e then- not sure four voices will cut it really.
Last edited by tIB on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
tIB

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, and thanks for the help.
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
which basically means one midi channel per voice

I think you can adapt this patch for your purpose. It retrig different osc when I play a chord on keyboard. 1 osc by note. Just replace each osc modules with MIDI note send modules for your purpose. For different velocity setting by voice it's easy to fix directly on the MIDI note send modules. But for more complex setting (after touch on voice 3 and 4 only as exemple) if you use this patch in slot A and use slot B,C,D as destination you can set them in the menu patch setting from each slot.
I did not edit and adapt the patch because I'm not sure how polyphonic MPE is working and what is your goal exactly. I can open my G2 and edit the patch if you think it's a way to go.

Edit(link edited)
http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-427554.html#427554
tIB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for that, I'll try to take a look later this week. The issues I've had running non MPE synths is that the sent data conflicts on polyphonic patches- or the synth can do pitch ok but the other stuff like slides, pressure and y control gets shared between the voices and ultimately glitches them. The controller I'm using sends notes over a different channel per press, which is what I'm imagining this does from reading the other thread. There's probably more to it though so I'll dig in...
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh my bad, you want the G2 to respond and process polyphonic MPE. I thought you want to recreate polyphonic MPE with G2 and send the result internaly or to external gear.

Quote:
The controller I'm using sends notes over a different channel per press

This is the goal from the patch I shared here.
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: