electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » How-tos » Production - engineering/mixing
CC assignments behringer compact
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
rafal_sommerfeld

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: CC assignments behringer compact Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick question, does anyone know how to assign expression to digital mixer.? Like a expression, velocity, tremolo etc. I have behringer compact and I have tried with X touch editor but even when I assign it, it doesn't work with my Cubase, and also I have heard that even if some how people manage to do it, seems like a people have problem with recording with expressions, apparently expressions doesn't record during recording. Also what is different between Mackie control mode and standard? Alternatively I could use Ableton or anything just to get that done.
Does any one who to do it step by step? I can even pay for solution as I struggle with it few days
Many Thanks guys
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It used to be that "Expression" was defined as CC [Continuous Controller] #11 and was something like a sub-level of CC# 7 [volume]. For example, a breath controller might output values for CC#11 which could be mapped [routed] to any synth parameter that was mappable to CC#11.

Since then, people have used "expression" [also "expressive midi"] to mean a variety of things. That being said, it sounds like you are asking how to record CC#11 [expression], but I am not sure.

I am not familiar with the controllers you mention but have had success with reading manuals and sometimes figuring it all out.

Do you have links to the pdfs for the manuals of the gear and software you are using?

Steve

Is this what you are using? https://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Computer-Audio/Desktop-Controllers/X-TOUCH-COMPACT/p/P0B3L/downloads If so, are you trying to assign the faders to CC#11 so you can play some gear that responds to it?

I opened the X-Touch editor in dummy mode (since I don't have an X-Touch device) and it seems straight forward--set up a button, fader, encoder, etc. to CC#11 and set up the behavior, the min. value, the max, value, etc.

Once you do that, if you have a tool like midi-ox, you can check to see if the encoder, or whatever you used, is outputting CC#11.

Your recorder [e.g., DAW, sequencer] should be set up to record CCs. Also, if there are midi data filters somewhere in your data chain, make sure CCs in general and CC#11 are not being filtered out.

I assume your gear/software is set up so that the controllers send data where you want in both record and playback modes. Some times gear and/or software can do that directly; sometimes you need some sort of midi router [gear or software utility].
rafal_sommerfeld

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Music Man, I will check that and let you know straight away.
rafal_sommerfeld

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Music Man,

I did as you said, I have oppened x touch editor and assigned cc11 on first fader, also I have checked with midi-ox and its showing that it is CC11, but when I open cubase fader is not respondig, only when I swiched to MC mode, the are 2 faders working automaticly which is fader 1 for volume for track, and fader 8 which is the one with main volume. Any solution ?

Many Thanks
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Production - engineering/mixing
Jump to: