electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Pre-assigned G2 patch under full BCR2000 control!!!
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
sheridan

Audio files: 27
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Pre-assigned G2 patch under full BCR2000 control!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,

I've recently been working on a lovely G2 patch (3 Osc, 3 Env, 3 LFOs, 2 Filters, Satuartion, plus multiple modulation possibilities) with pretty much every control assigned to a knob or button on my BCR2000. There are only a couple of modules and parameters not under control! I thought that I would share this with everyone here.
NOTE: I originally had a problem attaching the sysex file to the post, but I have now attached it below.
Anyway, I started this synth as a basic 2 osc, 2 filter synth - kind of a patch to start building from to save time. So I assigned all the synth's controls to knobs and buttons on the BCR, but there were some left over... so I added more to the patch... and more! I started with a button for each variation, but in the end, demoted it to a single button to free up other controls for more sonic control.
I have tried as much as possible to 'mirror' the on screen controls to the BCR2000 controls. I have been using it for a while now and am quite happy with the button/knob configuartion (I have changed most of them several times!!!) As there are so many controls, I have typed them out to help make sense of them all. I have attached that too.
There are lots of places where 'cycles' can be saved by deleting whatever you don't feel you need. I have gone through and created quick patches on each variation, but more to show the synth's capabilities than to be 'outstanding' sounds... although I think they are pretty good.
If anyone can suggest any improvements or better ways of some of the connections to the G2 patch, I'd be happy to hear them, as I'm still a 'modular-newbie' and this is my first real patch that I have shared.
I hope you all enjoy it!!

Kind regards,

Sheridan

P.S. please let me know if there are any problems.

NOTE: See next reply for G2 screenshot.

BCR ctrl assignments.jpg
 Description:
Thanks to Cappy, I can now bring you a screenshot of the full list of BCR2000 control assignments for the attached G2 patch.
 Filesize:  449.93 KB
 Viewed:  12474 Time(s)

BCR ctrl assignments.jpg

BCR ctrl synth.pch2
 Description:
G2 Patch: 3 Osc, 3 Env, 3 LFOs, 2 Filters, Satuartion, Pan, PM, AM, FM, Velocity Sens plus multiple modulation possibilities for most inputs all under full control from the BCR2000

Download
 Filename:  BCR ctrl synth.pch2
 Filesize:  4.73 KB
 Downloaded:  1629 Time(s)

G2 Patch control.syx
 Description:
BCR2000 patch for controlling attached G2 patch.

Download
 Filename:  G2 Patch control.syx
 Filesize:  10.55 KB
 Downloaded:  663 Time(s)

Last edited by sheridan on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:54 am; edited 5 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the filename extension of the SYSEX file that the BCR2000 application writes. If the forum won't accept it, I can add this to the list of accepted filetypes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sheridan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
What is the filename extension of the SYSEX file that the BCR2000 application writes

Don't worry mosc, I have discovered how to get the actual sysex file now and have attached it above - for anyone interested, this is done using the Export Sysex option from the File menu in the BC-edit app.

Many thanks,

Sheridan

edited: I have attached the Word Doc of the list of control assignments just in case anyone wants to change some controls and update the list accordingly and a screenshot of the G2 patch for your convenience.

BCR ctrl synth screenshot.jpg
 Description:
Screenshot of attached G2 patch.
 Filesize:  378.51 KB
 Viewed:  12469 Time(s)

BCR ctrl synth screenshot.jpg

G2 main setup patch for BCR2000.doc
 Description:
microsoft Word Documuent containing BCR2000 control assignments for attached G2 patch

Download
 Filename:  G2 main setup patch for BCR2000.doc
 Filesize:  64 KB
 Downloaded:  582 Time(s)

Last edited by sheridan on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:57 am; edited 3 times in total
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sheridan wrote:

Also mosc, can you please tell me how to display the attached .doc file so that members can see it without having to download it first?

I'm not sure what I can do for this request because it works with me. I think it's mostly how the local PC is configured. I'm running Firefox and if I right click on the doc files link and select "Open Link In New Window", it displays the file almost immediately. I'm don't even use MS Office, but rather Open Office.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sheridan wrote:
Quote:
What is the filename extension of the SYSEX file that the BCR2000 application writes

Don't worry mosc, I have discovered how to get the actual sysex file now and have attached it above - for anyone interested, this is done using the Export Sysex option from the File menu in the BC-edit app.
Also mosc, can you please tell me how to display the attached .doc file so that members can see it without having to download it first?

Many thanks,

Sheridan

This is great- thanks Sheridan.
You can also save a single patch from the BCR itself. No need to do it from the App. I don't remember the butto sequence now, but it is in the BCR manual.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sheridan wrote:
Quote:

Many thanks,

Sheridan

If it's a short doc, like 1-2 pages, you can just do a screen shot of each page- (make sure the letters are easy enough to read), attach the screenshots as JPGs.

This is what people do with screenshots of editor patches.
If the document contains a lot of pages, then this is not a good solution, unless you cna post the screenshots on another Web Page, and provide a link.
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks sheridan, works well over here
sheridan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was hoping to get a bit of feedback guys... I am a newbie remember? There must be some 'patching' improvements that can be made, surely? It's pretty much my first 'big' patch... there have to be some mistakes, don't there? Anyone? I am trying to learn more about this.

Thanks.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Feedback, right :-)

You seem to have everything documented very well - better than most people do.

Unfortunately I don't have the BCR device to check it out.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have done a fabulous job posting all of the parts of this patch and the documentation is outstanding - splendid. I'm having trouble on my end getting my BCR2000 to respond to MIDI properly. It's something to do with my local machine configuration. I'm going to reload the most recent OS. I'll try to get it running and I'm looking forward to trying out your patch.
malmi315

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you save the nord synth patch/performance from the bcr2000 ?

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: