electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Tim Kleinert patch stopped working.. A hardware problem ??
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Tim Kleinert patch stopped working.. A hardware problem ?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, i just got unexpected g2 Trouble that lets me fear that my Mainboard starts to develoo Hardware Problems.

this patch, and all that use TK´s genius diy voice allocation hack, stoped working.. from one Moment to the other all voices get trigered unison.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-39414-0.html&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

all patches that include the TK hack having the same Problem.
It is realy misterious for now, since i havent found any mailfunction in other patches.
Also interslot busses seem to work, which are probably the only area of a patch that could be Hardware related. On the other Hand the os update should clear any os corruption.
What is going on here? I had some glitches lately that was like "that has never happened before", but always cured by rebooting.

What could Change insidea g2 that disables tk patches but leaves sofar all other patches untouched? Tims patches do push the g2, maybe they are more sensetive to hardware Errors too.

or is my assumption wrong that reflashing the os would cure any possible program Memory coruption?

Anybody any ideas? or similar patch Problems?
gabbagabi

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for the dumb question,

but:
are you the real 3phase? one of my heroes of that good times?
how was called THAT patch again -hollow...- ?

sorry again,
cheers
gabbagabi
3phase

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

? hollow patch? i dont understand... and sure i am real...but with real problems with my main synth right now.. just started patching again after some years..and the tim kleinert voice allocation can be used for quiete intersting stuff..once you have learned how it works.. i haventt had the time to really learn that yet...

only suspicious point i found right now is that the voice count via the fx bus doesnt seem to give any signal thru to the fx area...
jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On of my G2s went tits up a few years ago when the RAM chip failed; any patches that utilized delays gave out nothing but noise. I don't know if that patch is affected by that, but it is a possibility.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-56872.html
3phase

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are no delays involved in this patch.. but it smells a little like something ram related..

problem is that i wasnt able to do the system flash ram reset or system erease with the here mentioned routines.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-65633.html

But my G2 is different, has a different looking menu with Sys in the slot c position, probably thanks to the early serial number of my g2.

I actually wouldl like to have my program memory reformated, just the question if os and patch memory share the same flash ram..otherwise they really could´nt interact in such strange ways.

one for sure, my g2 has started to show some strange behaviour now that i give it a more intense use again.. all the system changes between 0s 1.4 and 1.62 required in the last years probably dont help either.

Does anybody has the right codes for the old G2 system reset?
Electromagnetic Wave

G2 patch files: 38

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi 3phase,

Did you changed the value from System/Synth Setting > Master Tune? I remember a similar issue ("from one Moment to the other all voices get trigered unison") with Tim Kleinert patches when adjusting the G2 tuning from the Synth Setting menu. I did not look at the structure of the patch that you added to your first post. I do not remember the name of the patch in my case. But it was with a arpegiator/looper patch.

If this is the case, you can adjust the patch according to the tuning or reset the tuning to 440>A. I hope it's just that and not a hardware problem for you
3phase

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electromagnetic Wave wrote:
Hi 3phase,

Did you changed the value from System/Synth Setting > Master Tune? I remember a similar issue ("from one Moment to the other all voices get trigered unison") with Tim Kleinert patches when adjusting the G2 tuning from the Synth Setting menu. I did not look at the structure of the patch that you added to your first post. I do not remember the name of the patch in my case. But it was with a arpegiator/looper patch.

If this is the case, you can adjust the patch according to the tuning or reset the tuning to 440>A. I hope it's just that and not a hardware problem for you

i actually did change the mastertune before it happened... thats interesting. I will try later.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: