electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
NEEMFest 2018 CD Compilation Call for Song Submissions
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
rdorsche

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: NEEMFest 2018 CD Compilation Call for Song Submissions
Subject description: (PLEASE Read the Specifications)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NEEMFEST 2018 CD Compilation:
This is the first reminder/call for entries for the NEEMFest 2018 CD. I'll reinforce this with another call at a later time, I promise.

Specifications:
~ You *MUST* be attending NEEMFest 2018 in order to have your song make it to a CD.
~ Absolute 6 minute limit on the song (it can be shorter, of course). Songs longer than 6 minutes will be passed over (rejected is such a hurtful word).
~ Song file must be presented as a 16-bit 44.1k WAV file, uncompressed, stereo (Joint Stereo is okay).
~ You'll need to upload a song file to a downloadable location (such as Dropbox or Google Drive or equivalent, these are all free sites).
~ File names for songs should be in this format: "Title - Artist.wav", e.g. "Loose Change - Robert Dorschel.wav"; spaces are acceptable.
~ Email a link to that file you've uploaded to neemfest@neemfest.org. (Test your link first)
~ Files will be left unmastered/untouched with the exception of amping (raising the dB, not normalizing) your file to match the others on the CD.
~ One song submission per artist, please. It's acceptable to submit one as a solo artist, one as a group you are a part of.
~ CD prices will be priced low at the event; heck, if we get two hours worth of song submissions, we might press two CDs.

DEADLINE for Song Submission:
Wednesday night August 15, 2018, at 11:59PM. The NEEMFest "Committee" will convene early/throughout Thursday August 16, 2018 to put songs in an order and send them of to press ASAP in order to make the show. No other concessions can be made.

Regarding copyright: The artist retains absolute full copyright of their submitted piece and allows reproduction of said piece for this compilation under the "No Derivatives" Creative Commons rules and practices; and also agrees to allow for broadcast of their piece on this compilation CD on over-air radio and/or online streaming radio stations in perpetuity with artist credit announced, within reason.

There is no money made by NEEMFest here, but plenty of connections and exposure opportunities. Insert "paid in exposure" joke here. If you don't agree with these terms, please do not submit a song.
pertho711ljp

Audio files: 157

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK well I'm attending the show definitely, but I wonder if you have to be on the bill (which nobody told me I was.)
rdorsche

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeas, I guess that should be more clear; you *must* be a performingartist at NEEMFest. I believe that should be a qualifier. HOWEVER please do go ahead and submit a song regardless. I don't see any reason to not have your song in the pool. Perhaps by some fluke we'll have too few submissions, or, need that one extra song to push it into two CDs.

Any chance I can twist your arm and force you to get up on stage and performa set?

Last edited by rdorsche on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
pertho711ljp

Audio files: 157

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh believe me I want to play, yes. My real name is Larry by the way...
rdorsche

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh geez I hear you and I thought you were someone else, my mistake.
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Compilation Cover Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can someone post the cover (if not all of the artwork) for this compilation? Thanks.
--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: