electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Having some trouble with my circuit
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Musica_En_Fuego

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Having some trouble with my circuit Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NczwE2cFbuoEXYMr9

It has been a while since I have been around here. But since my last visit here, I've been busy with my own little projects. My current project has mostly been successful, but I've hit a bump in the road. So looking at the drawing I have made. I encountered a problem I can't quite figure out how to solve.

You see, I have a gated oscillator connected to a On/On switch. One side goes to the 4040 and back to the 386 audio amp. The other goes directly to the 386. It seemed like it should have worked without any issue. But I found out that I was quite wrong. For some reason when the output of the oscillator is connected to the switch. The signal weakens, so much so that the rest of the circuit doesn't function properly. But when I connect the oscillator directly to the 4040 or directly to the 386. It functions just fine.

I'm thinking that a transistor may fix the issue by using it as a current amplifier.
Harry

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You sure the switch is wired correctly? If the input to both the 386 and 4040 were bridged that could be an issue.

I would also probably wire the switch in a way that the 4040 outputs would be disconnected from the 386 input when not selected. Some of the outs could be left high and could interfere with your oscillator.
Musica_En_Fuego

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Figured out a solution. All I needed was a dpdt switch.
Harry

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glad you got it figured out. You should be able to get it working with an spdt btw. If you are using the 4040 as a frequency divider rather than a counter of sorts, you could leave the osc connected to the 4040 input and just switch between the oscillator and 4040’s outs to the 386.
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: