electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
rEvolver - DS like synth
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: rEvolver - DS like synth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there,
this is a synth based on DS Evolver schema.

2 VCO
2 4p LPF with Env
2 4p HPF with tuned delay lines
2 filter overdrives
2 VCA

11x14 modulation matrix including 4 LFOs
3 Delays
2 feedback paths

Voice Section
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Modulation Matrix
Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

MP3 Sample
Click Here

This is the first release, so feedback are very appreciated in order to develop this patch better Smile

thx,
Luca

rEvolver.pch2
 Description:
rEvolver v1.0

Download
 Filename:  rEvolver.pch2
 Filesize:  5.68 KB
 Downloaded:  1954 Time(s)

Fozzie

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, no constructive remarks here. Just want to say: variation 2 rocks!!!!
Axiom

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx dude Very Happy
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the patch. Sounds pretty cool, you can get some good sounds out of it.

However, I don't really think it sounds like the Evolver (got one sitting right here next to me), but I don't think the Nord can sound like the Evo anyway - it's too polite Wink. The best (and worst) part about the Evolver is it's sound is absolutely massive, which means as soon as you put it in a track it tells everything else in the mix to take a hike and plonks itself right in front of everything. That, and the digital wavetable waveforms from the original Prophet VS are impossible to emulate in the G2...

But there's a few things you can do to get close. A big part of it's sound is the filter, which is apparently the same chip as the Prophet-5 filter. What makes it sound huge is the fact that the 2 filters will never be precicely in tune with each other, so this creates a massive sound over the stereo field. You'll find most patches that have that distinctive massive evolver sound have the 2 filter channels panned hard left and right. Try patching some slight random inaccuracies into each filter. The oscillators are digitally controlled and locked solidly in tune, so there's no point patching inaccuracies there.

But yeah, nice way of working the mod matrix. It would be impossible to implement the huge evo mod matrix (it's got like 40-50 destinations), but you've chosen some nice parameters and a clean way of working with it.

And if you don't have an evolver, I'll be happy to post some sound samples for you - it would be cool to have an Evolver sounding patch to get some polyphonic evo madness Twisted Evil
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice. Thanks for posting this. I can see this has a lot of room for development. I think you might forget sounding like another synth and just develop this patch to make sounds you like, no matter what they sound like.

Rob showed me some nice harmonic distortion patches you could put in that would make this sound very warm and fat. I hope he posts them on the forum soon, but he's still working out the details and may not post until they are more solid. I don't know.

Keep it up. Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lamarcph

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
I have an Evolver too, and for long I have been trying to emulate it with the G2. It's not easy... Embarassed

One thing I recall, however, is that one evolver osciator, say the analog square wave, in mono with the it's associated filter wide open doesn't sound like the g2 square wave. Probably because the phase is changing?

By shamefully pluging Rob's allpass filter, I was able to get a similar tone .

The evolver also have this wave sequence thing that I like a lot.

This little patch use a sequencer and two spectral osc to mimic the wave sequencing. At the time I was playing with Rob allpass filter and trying to mimic the evolver sound and structure. That what I came with. It's not really a virtual evolver, a lot of part are missing, but... here it is:

beware, it's a mess.

evspectralsq.pch2
 Description:
A not very scientific evo emulation...

Download
 Filename:  evspectralsq.pch2
 Filesize:  4.93 KB
 Downloaded:  1553 Time(s)

steampump

G2 patch files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like those kind of sound . Demo quality is ....demo .
But the patch... i'm gonna try it.
Good job.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Synth
Jump to: