electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
can anyone help me
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
stevie g

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: can anyone help me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my band has put me in charge of getting a copy of the synth loop from the who's wont get fooled again and all i have found is a patch for the nord modular( and i only play the drums ) i have no idea what to do with it!!!!! could some kind modular owner find the time to convert this patch to a eight and a half minute mp3 pleeeeease contact me at steve.groves@talk21.com and i will email you the patch many thanks steve g
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 143
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi stevie, welcome.

Why not post the patch here, or a link to it, that would be easier I think ?

Jan.
stevie g

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good idea here it is

WontGetFooled.pch
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  WontGetFooled.pch
 Filesize:  1.16 KB
 Downloaded:  98 Time(s)

stevie g

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or

nord modular.ZIP
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nord modular.ZIP
 Filesize:  2.13 KB
 Downloaded:  128 Time(s)

Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 143
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Given that the patches are for the NM Classic I moved this topic to the NM Classic section.

I don't have an NM Classic hooked up right now, so I can't try the patch.

Jan.
X-Electric

Audio files: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"WontGetFooled" patch is just a simple organ with some kind of tremolo. I've never heard this song, but even if this sounds like lead sound from this track, then You'll have to play the melody by Yourself.
stevie g

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think its a vox organ through a phaser and it is just a bed for a guitar based rock song. there is no lead sound or melody just the sound of the organ constantly going through the phaser under one of the greatest rock songs
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...perhaps others will have a differant opinion...and there is nothing wrong with asking, but it seems like you joined the list to find someone to do _work_ for you and your band. we all help each other (and most probably recieve more than they offer), but this is (from my perspective) a community. if you are here just to find someone to perform a process for you (upload a patch and record it for you to use with your band), and not contribute anything, i would (if i were you) offer to pay someone to do this. i don't have the nmclassic, so personally, even if i were inclined to do this, i couldn't. alternatively, if you are a drummer, you could record some cool drum loops and make them available to the members here to use in their productions (i expect you would get a much better response)... something that contributes and helps build the community.

i may be misreading you completely, and i apologize if this isn't your intent....but this is work, just as much if you asked an organ player you don't know to play and record the part for you.

most people here are looking for help, not for others to do their work for them. i don't mean to put you down at all, but wouldn't you expect something for recording an 8.5 minute drum part for someone with whom you have no releationship or knowledge?

deknow
stevie g

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no not really i thoroughly enjoy playing my drum kits in my syudio and would relish any excuse to play them for what ever reason may be i just judge people by my own standards probably a fault of mine (i have also uploaded various pink floyd patches which other people have downloaded so i think that this contributes if only in asmall way!!!!!)
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...well, all i have to go on is that you joined the list on the 27th, and all of your posts have been on this topic, asking for someone to do something for you. uploading patches for a machine you don't use that you don't have, downloaded from someone else (without giving them credit) is hardly a contribution (imho).

i'm not trying to put you down at all, just pointing out that since you don't have the machine, and that so far, asking for someone to record this for you seems to be what you want out of electro-music, you might go out of your way to contribute something of your own that might be useful here. i'm sure if you posted some nice drumloops (lots of folks here use sampled drums, and do not play the drums), you would get many thankyous, and perhaps motivate someone to go out of their way for you. this patch may be fully sequenced, or it may just be the "sound", and would require someone to play the notes/chords, requiring some chops, and knowledge of what tempo you want to play at....it may not be as simple as you think.

again, if i'm misunderstading you, and you have joined in order to be part of the community and to contribute, none of this applies...but contributing might help motivate others to help you....as i said, i don't have the machine, so i can't.

deknow
stevie g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

of course if i could help unreservedlly anyone that helps me out including recording some drum loops specifically for someones project. i know that this task may not be straight forward as there are a lot of variables as you say i just dont want to spend £500 on a piece of equipment that i will only use for 10 minutes especially as this is the same price as a ludwig black beauty snare!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: can anyone help me Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stevie g wrote:
my band has put me in charge of getting a copy of the synth loop from the who's wont get fooled again and all i have found is a patch for the nord modular( and i only play the drums ) i have no idea what to do with it!!!!! could some kind modular owner find the time to convert this patch to a eight and a half minute mp3 pleeeeease contact me at steve.groves@talk21.com and i will email you the patch many thanks steve g

Why not just ask Pete Townsend himself?

According to this clip from the "Whos Next Classic DVD", he started with an organ running through an VCS3 using a S&H patch, then switched another modular which looks like it may be part of an Arp 2500.

http://www.ftg.co.uk/stuff/wgfa_synth.wmv

(BTW, the credit for the source of this information goes to <analoghell@gmail.com>, who posted this on Analogue Heaven)
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 600

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

X-Electric wrote:
"WontGetFooled" patch is just a simple organ with some kind of tremolo. I've never heard this song, but even if this sounds like lead sound from this track, then You'll have to play the melody by Yourself.

Yes, just an organ patch. The song is used on one of those CSI dramas, forget/don’t care which one. From memory it is basically a simple repeating 4 chord pattern but there seems to be slowly evolving subtle variations. Maybe find a .mid of the song instead. Then you can render as many minutes as you want using a simple GM organ tone and put the filter/phaser fx in post production. Or sample the original and loop it, I think it's practically soloed in the beginning.
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: