electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Envelope reset
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
King Rat

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Envelope reset Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't believe I've had my G2 for about 8 months and I still don't know the answer to this, but anyway....
How can I force an envelope (that is being triggered by a sequencer) to interrupt and start from the beginning each time it receives a trig signal?? It seems that you can interrupt the release stage using the N/R button, but not the attack or decay stages. Really annoying if you want to sequence notes of different lengths and want each one to have that reverse amp envelope effect.
The patch I'm working on it attached...
Cheers, Angus

Radiation.pch2
 Description:
sequencer patch with "reverse amp envelope effect" - I wish!

Download
 Filename:  Radiation.pch2
 Filesize:  2.74 KB
 Downloaded:  1184 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well ... if that don't work .. and all you want is a slow attack ... you could take one of those resettable LFO's and build something yourself .. I guess.

Jan.

Edit : I use such a construction sometimes when the EG's wont go slow enough.
King Rat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean just use the slope of an LFO as some sort of amp multiplier and cue it to reset from the trig input? I can see how that works to produce a linear, slow attack, but how would you contol the release?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehm, I never used the release :-)

but some of this lfo's have shapable waves, they could release as well.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see your problem being with the envelope generator, but with the sequencer. Push the little T button so it says G. Then you will have triggers only at the start of a "note". Maybe I'm missing something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-5231.html

maybe that circuit helps. at least it helps in many cases...
It´s defently worth to check the buildingblocks area here.
King Rat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool - I'll check it out. I haven't used the flip-flop mod before but if it's some way of synching an env reset with the clock, that's good for me!
Mosc - I switched the T/G on the seq to T, but even with a trig envelope, this signal won't interrupt an envelope and force it to restart unless it is in its decay or release phase. I want to seq notes that have slow attack and sharp releases (reverse cymbal hit style), so you need some way of forcing the envelope to restart if a new note comes along before it has run its course. Seems like some sort of clock sync mechanism like this could be the answer.
ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the problem is that the AHD envelope is just a AD with a non retriggerable, trigger pulse stretcher. It wont respond to a new trigger till the combined A+H time has expired.
See this patch, it uses the multienv to get the same basic shape but it is retriggerable. I also use an inverter on the trigger signal to get short off/long on trigger.

RevsRetrig.pch2
 Description:
illustration of retriggered reverse env

Download
 Filename:  RevsRetrig.pch2
 Filesize:  1.48 KB
 Downloaded:  1505 Time(s)

King Rat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is perfect! Thanks for this patch - sorts the problem out perfectly.
Should retriggerable (properly retriggerable, not pretend retriggerable) envelope modules or modes be on the wish list?? Seems to me like it would be very useful to be able to toggle between an extra setting on the N/R button that causes the envelope to interrupt itself at any point upon receiving a new trig signal (especially when you're using envelopes with sequencer modules where the timing needs to be spot on).
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: