electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Nord Lead 3 patch conversion for the G2X...PLEASE!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Opax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Nord Lead 3 patch conversion for the G2X...PLEASE! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the ability to convert Nord Lead 3 patches into the G2 format would be great!

Imagine you're working in a studio or somewhere which has a NL3 and you create a patch/or a series of patches. Afterwards you realise you want to take these patches with you for use on your G2, but unfortunately you can't take the NL3 with you - 'cos it's not yours. Very Happy

BUT...

If we were able to export the NL3 patches and save them to some form of transferable media, we could take them back to our computer and run them through a special program that could convert these NL3 patches to the G2 format.

Imagine the flexibility!

Any chance of that special program Clavia? Shocked

[editor's note: removed your yes/yes poll --mosc]
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ha, i think the poll is rigged! ('Yes' is the only choice)
Laughing
jamos

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did someone sell you the G2 with the impression that it was compatible with the Nord Leads? I've occassionally seen them for sale on eBay advertised as "NORD LEAD MODULAR G2". If so, you should get your money back.
Opax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jamos wrote:
Did someone sell you the G2 with the impression that it was compatible with the Nord Leads? I've occassionally seen them for sale on eBay advertised as "NORD LEAD MODULAR G2". If so, you should get your money back.

When I ordered my G2X I was fully aware of what it could and couldn't do, but because the G2 has so much potential and so many routing possibilities...and because it is software based, I don't see why it can't import patches from the NL3. Although, it is up to Clavia to develop such a simple conversion tool program to do this. So, Clavia...if you're reading, how about it? Cool

Axiom

G2 patch files: 28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have some NL3 presets on G2X. You only have to add a distortion into filters section and a unison block.. then parameters can be copied easily.

Luca

ian-s

Audio files: 42
G2 patch files: 626

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

John_P wrote:
When I ordered my G2X I was fully aware of what it could and couldn't do, but because the G2 has so much potential and so many routing possibilities...and because it is software based, I don't see why it can't import patches from the NL3.

The G2 is vastly more flexible than the lead but the lead has the advantage of being optimised for a fixed architecture. This means that if you duplicate a lead 3 exactly, you may only get a few voices. Many new G2 owners are disappointed in the amount of polyphony they get from a G2. The G2X is pre-expanded though.
Opax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g2ian wrote:
The G2 is vastly more flexible than the lead but the lead has the advantage of being optimised for a fixed architecture. This means that if you duplicate a lead 3 exactly, you may only get a few voices. Many new G2 owners are disappointed in the amount of polyphony they get from a G2. The G2X is pre-expanded though.

This would make sense, but unless anyone has tried to recreate a Nord Lead 3's architecture on the G2, we have no idea what the available polyphony is going to be. Surely it would be the same amount of polyphony for each NL3 patch on the G2 series? thinking

Opax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please vote people!

Yes, that includes all you lurkers too! Smile

jamos

G2 patch files: 41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a partial screen shot for an NL3 emulator from the G2 factory set. This gives 15 voice polyphony on my expanded G2.

NL3.png
 Description:
Screen shot from NL3 factory patch
 Filesize:  119.51 KB
 Viewed:  7926 Time(s)

NL3.png

Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to: