electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Pad
General-purpose virtual polysynth
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: General-purpose virtual polysynth Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

Per some discussion about creating patches that have a full set of knob assignments and can be used as a complete patchable instrument without using the editor, here's a recent attempt. It's a three-osc synth with lots of controls for FM, sync, and waveshape mod, then Dual multimode filters with variable parallel/serial routing and lots of mod & mix controls. I left off all the usual CVA effects, partly to keep 8 voice polyphony but mostly because I was running out of knob assignments.

The idea was to make a patch that I can use to easily patch up a variety of analog polysynth sounds. If anything, I think the voice architecture may be a little too deep. Simpler may be better. I dunno, feel free to doodle with the knobs and see what you get. Enjoy!

AnalogSynth3.pch2
 Description:
Versatile analog polysynth model, intended to be used as a complete instrument & patched from the panel knobs only, without having to use the editor.

Download
 Filename:  AnalogSynth3.pch2
 Filesize:  7.3 KB
 Downloaded:  1998 Time(s)

eposk

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent synth, its really powerful. tons of controls!!!
davep

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 73

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eposk wrote:
excellent synth, its really powerful. tons of controls!!!

Thanks. A couple of features that I think may warrant a mention -

The way the FM sources are routed to the oscs. Each osc has a two input FM source mixer, and a croassfader that determines if the output of the source mixer goes direct to the FM'd osc, or gets routed through an EG/VCA first, or some mix of both.

Note that you can modulate the filters with an audio-rate signal from two of the oscs.

The detuner knob doesn't just add a static amount of tuning offset, it also adds a random value with each new note, so each note gets a different amount of detuning, like a real analog polysynth with multiple voice cards.

Note the single-knob "offset" control, which raises the fc of one filter while lowering the other.

After I made this patch, I thought of maybe a better way to control the HP/BP/LP/Notch filter out mix by using a X-fade MUX module. This could provide a sngle-knob control to fade from LP to BP to HP to notch, and I'd probably keep fading in the same knob direction to LP again so you could MODULATE this control with a Saw LFO to get a constant rotating filter response.... LP, BP, HP, Notch, LP, BP HP, Notch,.... more later.

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great patch. I like the Xfade of the FM source and the Env/VCA of the source to the FM input. This is really super. So good, every FM input should be built like that. How come Moog or Buchla didn't think of that? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Patches - Completed » Pad
Jump to: