electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
NM OSX Tiger
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
chutley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: NM OSX Tiger
Subject description: need help getting my mac to recognize a nord modular
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone,

A friend loaned me the classic Nord Modular (with keys) - I have read here that it is possible to use the beta osx editor with mac osx Tiger, yet when I download and unstuff the file, it shows up with the generic application icon. I double click it and nothing happens.

I have attached a tiny screenshot of what the app icon looks like.

Can anyone help? I read the other thread about problem with stuffit expander and I tried unstuffing the .sit file using both version 7.0.3 and version 8.0.2 - same effect both times.

I got the file from here:
http://www.clavia.se/G2/NM_OSX_Ed/NordModEditorMacOSX.sit

Thanks for the help..

Chris

nord editor.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  nord editor.pdf
 Filesize:  24.73 KB
 Downloaded:  299 Time(s)

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

!
Did you unstuff it with a version of Stuffit deluxe that defaults to setting the execution bit of teh application correctly?

Does the app have privs to actually launch form the folder it is in?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3. Welcome to electro-music.com :-)

Wasn't there a font issue as well ?

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3 indeed..

and 4.. the font issue..

Most people have had trouble with the fonts thingie

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
chutley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1 Did you unstuff it with a version of Stuffit deluxe that defaults to setting the execution bit of the application correctly?
2 Does the app have privs to actually launch form the folder it is in?

I don't know how to check stuffit to answer the first question. What is "execution bit?"

second - I checked in "get info" and it says I have permission to read and write. The app is right now just on my desktop. I moved it to the application folder and it was the same problem.

about the fonts - I have no reason to believe that I am missing fonts with my os x install but how can I know? Is there a way to check or a way to try the fix?

Thanks for the help and sorry to be so high maintenance! I really appreciate the replies

Chris
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.clavia.se/products/discontinued/nordmodular/software.htm has some things to say about OMS and about fonts for Mac.
chutley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: still can't open the nm beta editor Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
!
Did you unstuff it with a version of Stuffit deluxe that defaults to setting the execution bit of teh application correctly?

Does the app have privs to actually launch form the folder it is in?

can you explain how I check whether my version of stuffit expander has the execution bit set correctly?? thanks
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is getting silly. Stein, instead of explaining to everybody how it works every time, why not simply write a little tutorial for Clavia to put on their site? That would benefit everybody and save you and some Clavia helpdesk person a lot of time in the long run. That font thing is realy silly anyway, couldn't one little line be added or edited to that code to remove that whole issue?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I agree. Regarding the OS X version of the NM editor, they should definitively sort out the few remaining bugs in the code. It is simply obnoxious that they haven´t managed to deliver one fully working OS X editor app for the NM. This is more than simply embarassing, this is also a pretty public statement about how Clavia are going to treat G2 customers some day soon. What if we set up a donation racket for collecting money for sending Clavia bigwigs to a "market strategy and customer care" course?

The fonts can be embedded or the lot ( and it really should be ) put inside a .dmg, providing only one download with absoluteley everything inside. As for choosing .dmg, which is the OS X native disk image format, this would prevent all possible silly issues with the Stuffit Deluxe settings. The .sit format used to be quite OK, but there simply isn´t any reason for using this anymore for distribution of applications.

Could somebody please bribe the godlike creatures at Clavia into getting this right?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
chutley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: um Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm confused - are you guys saying that I should be able to find the answer to my question already in another thread on this forum? I haven't been able to.

I tried installing the two fonts (arial and geneva) recommended from the nord website and it didn't change anything. That page on the Nord site looks to me like it is referring to using the Nord on OS9 (talking about OMS, etc).

I should be able to use the Nord Editor with OSX Tiger, correct?
chutley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: um Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I just got the editor working and indeed it was stuffit. I had three different versions and none of them worked, but then I downloaded 10.3 and it worked. Thanks everyone
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: