electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
electro-music New Year's Eve Party
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 2 of 6 [150 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Quicktime server probably does this job for a lot more money

Not really. QTSS is free.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really? I thought I thought that's what the Netstockfest ppl used. Too bad their forum is offline. I tried mining it for info to post here.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glaive wrote:
(Quicktime server probably does this job for a lot more money). This is what the Netstockfest people recommended when they did their online marathon party earlier this year.

QTSS is free.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, cool. Will it relay to the SS server?

(Man, I shouldn't post when I'm ill -- I'm perceiving myself as being a complete moron.)
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crap, I think you're right about Nicecast. Netstock used Icecast, not Shoutcast.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glaive wrote:
Ah, cool. Will it relay to the SS server?

SS? THE SS?

QTSS comes with broadcasting/relay/uplink tools. Only problem with QTSS is that it will stream mpeg4.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoops, sorry bout that. Gotta watch the abbreviations.

Anyway, I just fired up Nicecast, and there is a place to enter in the URL of an additional server. Shoutcast is listed as one of the types.

I'd be happy to test connectivity to Howard's Shoutcast server from Nicecast.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I looked throught the Nicecast users' forum. The program can apparenlty uplink to a Shoutcast server using the external server mode. Seems like all one needs. Maybe a Mac user will download it an see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we are gonig to have a small party at our house aroud this. we will broadcast from 10-11pm(est), and be listening the rest of the night. if anyone is in (or near) the boston area, please feel free to come. we never like sending people on the road on nye, so bring a sleeping bag and crash over.

deknow
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

deknow wrote:
nye

new year's eve Question I love new acronyms Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this sounds interesting, I'll just need to check times and stuff Smile
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

QTSS is good but only runs on Apple servers, is more pickey on the formats as Elektro80 already said, and only uses Apple clients. We have tried it a bit and weren't too impressed. Shoutcast works almost flawlessly.

Someone with OSX, please try the Nicecast client and use the external setting. I'll give you a test port and password. The user forums indicate this will work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am stlil standing by here .. settings? Send them to me by PM.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Jason

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the schedule like now? are there many open slots still?
Cool
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this time almost everything is open except from about 10 thru midnight EST. I'll check and post a schedule soon. We need more people.

If you can't preform live, perform and send me a recording and we can broadcast that.
Jason

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No I am totally into it , just checking my schedule, and will find out more this week. I just started a new job so things are crazy but I would love to broadcast too! Regardless thanks for the opportunity & I will know more in the next day or so.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tested the Shoutcast and got it to work. For me there was a 34 second delay from origin to receiving the signal. Sounded prety good.

How many people will be able to listen at one time? What are the procedures for people to listen? In otherwords, to listen do you need Winamp with the shoutcast plugin, or can people listen with Windows Media Player?

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on a web page that will have links for people to click on. I'll post that soon, I hope. You need some kind of media player, but not usually a special pluging. WMP, Winamp, QT, Quintesential, and many other can natively play shoutcast broadcasts.

You can keep that test server though New Years. It supports 4 listeners. At the big event, we'll relay that signal though the main ports which can support hundreds of listeners. That way, you won't have to change a thing in your setup.

Did you find the instructions satisfactory? Any errors or anything need clearing up?

Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The instructions were great. It was painless to setup.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject:
Subject description: Count me in if I can get this set up
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope it is painless for me to setup.
Mosc I 'll follow your instruction and see what happens .
Lots of shopping left to do so this may take some time.
will post again when ready or have problems

Jason

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is exciting-> I just hope that we can get some listeners.
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We'll all listen to each other. It will be fun ;)
K

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about Mac users Question
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try using Nicecast. I am planning on testing it tonight. I'll report my findings.
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a chance that I won't have anything particular to do on new year's eve, and even though I'm a complete rookie at any kind of performance to a public, I have some material that I would love to perform on this nye jam thing. Very Happy I can fill maybe 20-30 minutes. Is it OK if I send a .wav file if I don't make it? I'm on GMT+1 time, and would like to do it sometime between 0.30 and 3.00, if possible.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 2 of 6 [150 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: