electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
electro-music New Year's Eve Party
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 3 of 6 [150 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. This is a dumb question. Michael and I are signed up for 3-4pm eastern time. Do we play on the 31st or the 1st?
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must be blind. Where is the signup page?
glaive

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was able to connect to the Shoutcast server via Nicecast at 128k. When I visited http://radio.electro-music.com:8072 in Firefox, I saw that my Nicecast stream was listed. I could not, however, open the stream in iTunes on either my wife's iBook or my own PowerBook which was doing the streaming.
jono

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: nye Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Helo, I am new in the Forum and in electro-music. I use a Powerbook and have a new G2 Engine. I would like to know if I can I participate in the nye? My time zone is WET and I have Nicecast.

Feliz Natal/Merry Christmas
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: electro-music New Year's Eve Party
Subject description: Let have a real-time good time...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I'll stream from my house at midnight Eastern US time. We'll have some electro-friends over to jam.
As you know, Howard, I have an Emerald City gig up in Hazelton on New Year's Eve. But if I can zoom down the Northeast Extension in time, I will join in on the fun.

Cheers,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Elektro80 got NiceCast to work. Only one problem, it can only send one stream, so use the 64 kbs stereo. He said it was a snap to set up and get working.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no signe up sheet, just send me a PM. Tomorrow I'll put up a schedule and we can refine it to fit peoples needs. I'll put everything in GMT.

Also, if anyone wants to send prerecorded mp3s, that's cool, Please make them at least 128 kbs stereo and make sure you announce yourself at the beginning and the end.

Indicate;
Who you are,
Where you are located,
Something about the music.

I may put some of this material into a podcast at some post, so I'd like all tracks and performances to be self-documented.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, i finally got things confirmed working here. windows media player does not like .pls files (at least the installation/settings on my machine), but foobar2000 works just fine. i get about 32-33 sec of latency in both streams running winamp to broadcast and foobar2000 to listen. although my laptop input sounds pretty good, i'll probably set up an madudio usb thingie, and use the plugin that jan recomended.

deknow
deknow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

howard, is there a url i should send people who will want to tune in? will there be a link on the electro-music homepage?

deknow
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, tell them to go to radio.electro-music.com.

There is nothing there now, but there will be. It will have the links to the streams.

rbedgar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: I'm game
Subject description: New Years Cast from California

Hmm...well, if you're up for it, I'd be happy to webcast a live performance, probably about 20 minutes long. I have a nice video camera I can use, and I'm on a cable modem so should have a grudgingly acceptable throughput. Of course, my New Years is 3 hours later than yours...

Let me know if this sounds like something you'd like, what time would work best for you, and some idea of what I need to do to set up for connecting to your server.

-Robert
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll put you on the list. I hope you plan on doing your more experimental stuff.

I'm working on the schedule now. We have lots of slots open, so come on people, nows your chance to be part of something historical.

Do you have any experience streaming video? We don't. I'm up for it. What do we need to setup on the server?
rbedgar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Streaming Video
Subject description: Probably not possible from here...

Hmm...Sometimes I type faster than I think...

As I mentioned in a separate email, I do have a friend who does live video webcasting, but it doesn't seem that we'd have access to his system on New Years Eve.

There's also an audio engineering school in the east bay--Ex'pression Center--where I've done live webcasts a couple of times. Another possibility, but again...I'd need to start earlier to set it up.

I'll talk to Roger tomorrow, though, and at least find out about future possibilities.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, but keep info about that on anther thread or via PM.

We still have lot's of time for participants.

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mosc, any idea when the list will be published?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not too long.

Like John Lenon said, "life happens when you are making other plans."

deknow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...i'll be away from my computer for a few days (until wed), but will check back in then. we are definitely on, and have a bunch of people coming to jam!

deknow
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have put up a schedule. Please let me know if I forgot somebody, or if you the time you have is not good, or if you can't get the software to work. The schedule is at http://radio.electro-music.com.

When we start streaming, there will be links on that page that connect to the streams. That is the url to give to people who you which to tune in.

I have not put on the schedule people who said they are going to send me mp3s to play because at this time I have haven't received any. Please send me these files if you want them to be played. I can give you an FTP address to send them to. Also, as you can see, we still have lots of time, especially early, for more contributors.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell is putting together something to enable us to do live streaming of noodles, so if you are not a live performer but a noodler instead, please check out this post: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-9240.html
Note to participants:

During the event, the best way to communicate with me so things can be kept rolling along smoothly is via the electro-music.com chat room. If you haven't tried it yet, please give it a go to make sure you are familiar with it. It's a pretty good Java applet. The IRC protocol uses very little bandwidth so you should be able to stream and us the chat at the same time. If for some reason you prefer not to use the Java applet, the electro-music.com chat room is on irc.blitzed.org port 6667 channel #electro. Any standards compliant IRC chat client will work.

You will connect to the test server ports I have given you. We'll relay on the main radio.electro-music.com ports.

ocp

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could fill the gap between Mohoyoho's and Jono's performance (for one hour at most) since I'm in Maputo, Mozambique, for New Year's eve.
The time difference is of +7 EST (US).
Is there a chance of joining in?

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sure. That'd be great. I'll send you a PM with the ports and passwords. Very Happy
devtodd1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all! A friend of mine is participating (Mike Victor) and all I want to do is kick back and listen. I have winamp, is there anything else I have to do? thanks
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

During testing, I was unable to get Quicktime (on my Windows OS) to connect with the Shoutcast transmission. No trouble with WinAmp. Is there something I was doing wrong with Qucktime?
Mohoyoho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has there been a definitive Mac user receiver player that will receive our transmissions?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

devtodd1 wrote:
Hello all! A friend of mine is participating (Mike Victor) and all I want to do is kick back and listen. I have winamp, is there anything else I have to do? thanks

No, winamp should work fine. To test, just go to http://www.shoutcast.com/ and try any of those servers.

We will start some test streaming on radio.electro-music.com very soon.

My OSX machine automatically uses iTunes to play the streams, so Mac users don't have to do anything special.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 3 of 6 [150 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: