electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
electro-music New Year's Eve Party
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 5 of 6 [150 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Yorky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, when's the next one please, I'd be happy to contribute.

Cool
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: The afterparty Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was a really nice experience! although I wasn't able to hear everything (also due to freezing-up behavior of my media player) I found the music of high quality. !Bravo! boys and girls.

Wout
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy new year!

Also, thanks for giving me the opportunity to perform for the first time. Loved all of the performances i heard (01.00 GMT and onwards). Hopefully we can hear them all, if someone did a full recording of the party.

Cheers!

/Stefan Blixt
ocp

Audio files: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That'd be great!
I dropped off a bit after Antimon's performance and would love to hear all the others.

I can't thank enough all the participants for the wonderfull evening.

Cheers,
Joao

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm listening throuh the recordings I made of the event. Some amazing stuff happened after I went to bed last night !

The recording seem pretty complete to me, 10 MB more than I had calculated, but the noodles seem to have run much longer than I anticipated (the last mp3 is of 2006-010-01 12:28 GMT)

I'll need some time to sort it all out as the the recorder made a bit of a mess of the track names and the directory structure.

I'm now listening to Deknow's party, which is really nice. Before that I heard Rbedgar's performance, an amazing one and very nice to hear after waking up :-)

Didn't hear Howard and Greg's session yet, but read some good comments in the chat window (that I still have open).

Did someone make a text recording of the chat session ? I lost the first six hours

{ and it's a pain to get al the text selected in this PITA java applet (sorry, it's nice I mean except for some very irritating details, like the sounds for instance, the impossibility to resize it or to grab all the text from it)}

Oh em, I meant to say that it's nice to read the chat while playing the tracks.

It was great !

mtvic

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iwould like to thank
BlueHell for his help and everyone that was involved
Including the party guests
Ihad a wonderful and inspiring evening .
rock enjoyed himself and we were both beaming .
thank you all who chatted with good feedback to our perfomance
This is going to be a good year
sonically
mtvic

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like my stream recordings didnĀ“t quite work out. I am pretty sure what I have here on disk is not complete. Sad
Hopefully Jan has the lot on "tape" Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
deknow

G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey...we all had a blast. having breakfast now (ate the pancakes, the bacon is finishing up, and almost time to start the eggs.....and of course coffee. i loved all the music i heard last night (we had the stream from 2 until the end of howard and greg's set). my cell phone can be connected to the computer for internet, and i wonder if it would be enough bandwidth to stream from.

i think this was a huge success on all counts, and i look forward to the next time. thanks everyone....mike, mark, ocp, jono, esp, antion, mike, howard, greg, and rbedgar(sorry, didn't catch your set).

deknow
DrJustice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was a bit of a happening yesterday Smile
I'm glad I sat through it all; excellent music and company! Next gig?

DJ
--
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:
Happy new year!

Also, thanks for giving me the opportunity to perform for the first time.

Now listening to it, very good I think !

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to everyone who performed, sent in mp3s, sent in noodles, working on the software, and worked on the servers. A few of us listened to the entire evening. It was an excellent concert. We had party guests over here who have never heard this kind of music and they really enjoyed it.

For me, this is the first kind of international internet virtual concert I have ever heard much less organized. It's a very powerful experience. The use of the chat room was a great way to bring everyone together. It reminded me of the early days of folk music (the sixties). We used to have hootenannies - parties where there was a lot of music. People would bring guitars and take turns singing or leading songs. It was great fun. I loved folk music before it became commercialized.

Anyway, it's amazing how I feel that I shared this experience almost as though everyone was here. Great people and great music. What more could you ask for?

If you have any comments about this particular New Years Eve event, please leave them here. I'm going to start a separate thread about future events. I learned a tremendous amount about the technology doing this. There are several thing we will do differently in the future.

Thanks again, everyone, and Happy New Year to all...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found the whole experience most enjoyable. Got the chance to play my stuff to some new people without having to leave the studio, and heard some good new music from the other performers.

The stream quality was generally excellent, as was the music. The chat room made it much more like a 'real' gig, but seemed a bit unstable at times and kept disconnecting me.

It would be really nice to see a transcript of the chatroom for the whole evening and catch re-runs of the sets I missed.

Big thanks to Mosc and Jan for organising this and to all the performers for the music Very Happy
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egw and mosc performing their set.

EGWandMOSC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  255.05 KB
 Viewed:  15959 Time(s)

EGWandMOSC.jpg

mtvic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Shot Hong !
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has the schedule been changed during the night ?

I've some strange things in the recordings I made. It is all a bit complicated ... I could use some help here.

Let me try to explain.

One of the mp3's (which got labeled as "radioelectro-musiccom mvictor & crobertson jam for the world spontainious noise and improv from the basement lab.mp3" has a duration of 171:40). This file however stops playing after about one hour (in winamp that is)

When I open that same file in CoolEdit it is shown to have about 128 minutes of content.

The beggining of that file seem to be mvictor and crobertson (the beggining of that session ended up in another file, so apparentlythere has been a drop out or something)

It seems to continue pretty soon though with something that to me sounds most like Howard an Greg playing. Although according to the schedule it should have been Deknow and also Michel Victor should have been on longer, or maybe more of that performance was dropped or something)

Deknow & friend's performance however ended up in some other file time stamped at a later time.

Can anyone give me, for the time span sketched above, a rough estimate of how things happened in reallity ? About approx. at what time who performed for how long (just for the sets I was talking about above) ?

blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm apparently it's al Howard and Greg, as it seems to be encoded at variable bit rate, and that's why WinAmp has trouble with the timing aspects of it (and FooBar as well).
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some pix my wife, Beth, took of out NYE performance:

Setup.jpg
 Description:
Here's our setup
 Filesize:  50.63 KB
 Viewed:  15932 Time(s)

Setup.jpg

Michael_Theremin.jpg
 Description:
Michael on the Theremin
 Filesize:  33.08 KB

Michael_Theremin.jpg

Mark_Playing2.jpg
 Description:
Here's me.
 Filesize:  73.98 KB

Mark_Playing2.jpg

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot to mention what a great experience this was: A world-wide open mike for electronic musicians!
What a great job you behind the scene guys did. Howard, BlueHell, Greg, and the rest.
Michael and I want to thank you for letting us be a part of this.

Live_Audience.jpg
 Description:
Our in-house audience member.
 Filesize:  67.99 KB
 Viewed:  15929 Time(s)

Live_Audience.jpg

www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

Can anyone give me, for the time span sketched above, a rough estimate of how things happened in reallity ? About approx. at what time who performed for how long (just for the sets I was talking about above) ?

The schedule is pretty much as it is published on the site now. We made a few changes as things were developing. Modular ESP went a little long, so Antion went on about 10 minutes behind. No problem with that. Greg and I finished up about 15 minutes early. I was having some problem resetting the parameters in the relay server so there may have been serveral false start with relaying of the wrong ports.

Thanks everyone, for the kind words.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rbedgar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: NY Eve Party
Subject description: So enjoyed it!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all,

Roger Winkelman and I almost didn't make it...we had a serious storm that came through, and my internet connection broke for 5 hours...got it back about an hour before we played! I'm the kinda guy who wants technical things solid 24 hours before a gig...so I was frayed...

A most frustrating aspect was that I heard noone's live music! We literally finished our practice and setup and hooked up winamp to listen when the first sounds were Howard announcing that they were stopping...argh! So I'm hoping that this will be available. Hearing this group's performances was a huge draw for me, and I hope someone who recorded the 'extended' evening would be willing to share it.

Thanks to everyone for the technical help, and to you Howard for allowing a newbie to play along. Roger and I had a gas.

Later,
Robert Edgar
www.robertedgar.com
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NY Eve Party
Subject description: So enjoyed it!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rbedgar wrote:

Roger Winkelman and I almost didn't make it...

I'm glad you did make it, I liked your gig very much ( from the recordings I made last night).

Re. the recordings. The track titles are are a mess and some noodles leaked into performances and the other way around, a lot is in mono, but otherwise things seem reasonably complete to me.

I've uploaded all the raw recordings I made to a special area on E-M, don't know what will be done with it - that's not really up to me, you know copyrights and that sort of nastyness.

When I can find a tool to edit in it lossless I could try to make things a bit better organized, when people would like that, but decoding and re-encoding is not doing justice to the material (I tried). When it's just for myself, I'm happy with the raw recordings as I have 'm .

There is a lot good stuff !!

Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a minor detail: if the schedule is to go into the annals or something, I would like my performance to read "Antimon", with an 'm'. Not a big deal, but it might help to avoid some confusion Smile .

And expect no copyright fuss from me - anything goes!
Jason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank You everyone that listened and participated.
Mr Mosc, since I was out and missed your set as well as many others what can we do to hear? WIll there be any archive released?
Anyway great job all, and I too look forward to the next event.
Happy NYE 2006... Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy
jono

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: a surprising experience Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am still undergoing the emotional sensation of the NYEP, I managed to stay up untill the end with Rbedgar and what a party it was.
Thank you for allowing me to participate in this experience. I'll never forget. It was great.
Once again thanks to everybody involved in it, particulary the ones who had all the trouble to concretize this event. (Mosc and Greg)

Unfortunately I have no records of the event so if anyone has anything that would like to dispose I would be thankful.

I am already waiting for the next one and with more people streaming.
It would be nice if we could Jam on air at the same time.

HNY
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon: OK, sorry about the error. Fixed

Jono: Yes, someday we'll be able to to jams, but not with the technology we have now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: shanemorris
Page 5 of 6 [150 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: