electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Several software upgrades are coming soon
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject:  Several software upgrades are coming soon
Subject description: First one is happening today.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We have several software upgrades to install. I'll try to do the first one today. It will require the forum to be offline for about 15 minutes approximately. I'll post a global warning at least 15 minutes before I disable the forum. If you are editing a message of something when the board is disabled, no big deal, just try to post every 10 minutes and when it comes back you message will post.
Last edited by mosc on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just completed the first upgraded to PHPBB 2.0.19. Please report any flakey problmes here.

Thanks...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am out of coffee. I think this is a serious problem. Sad

BTW: The board seems fine.. so far.. hopefully all is OK.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This one was mostly security fixes.

What has changed in this release?

The changelog (contained within this release) is as follows:

* [Fix] corrected index on session keys table under MS SQL
* [Fix] added session keys table to backup
* [Fix] delete session keys entries when deleting user
* [Fix] changes to support MySQL 5.0
* [Fix] changes to some of the admin files to improve efficiency and remove a potential error condition when building the menu
* [Fix] change truncation of username length in usercp_register.php - BFUK
* [Fix] incorrect path to avatars in admin_users.php (Bug #667)
* [Fix] fixed get_userdata to support correct sql escaping (non-mysql dbs) - jarnaez
* [Fix] fixed captcha for those not having the zlib extension enabled
* [Change] Placed version information above who is online in admin panel for better visual presence
* [Sec] fixed XSS issue (only valid for Internet Explorer) within the url bbcode
* [Sec] fixed XSS issue (only valid for Internet Explorer) if html tags are allowed and enabled
* [Sec] added configurable maximum login attempts to prevent dictionary attacks

If you understand this them that makes one of us. Laughing

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
If you understand this them that makes one of us. Laughing

Laughing

But most of this sounds reasonably sensible? Not?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
But most of this sounds reasonably sensible? Not?

I am a true believer when it comes to this open-source stuff. The amazing thing is how you can keep all of the mods working as the core code evolves. Nothing is very well documented. You just hack away. When you don't understand, you just ask and there's always someone to answer. It makes one question the fundamentals of American Conservatism - that people are inherently selfish and will only work for profit. If that is so, why are all these people from all over the world working together to create all the fabulous free software?

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, looks good to me. Doesn't look extraordinarily exciting or urgent. Looks like very minor and obscure bug fixes. good thing they do this because very minor bugs that accidentally start interacting can do bad and hard to trace stuff on rare occasions.
Last edited by Kassen on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
It makes one question the fundamentals of American Conservatism - that people are inherently selfish and will only work for profit. If that is so, why are all these people from all over the world working together to create all the fabulous free software?

Nah, makes perfect sense. Being selfish means gaining for yourself but not nesicarily at the expense of others. These people want a working tool, aparently not nesicarily money. This way you get lots of free developers and lots of free testing.

Here everybody is gaining and in a way it profits everybody. Works perfectly fine with being selfish. If they'd do it on their own everybody would have a small buggy forum.

seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
Works perfectly fine with being selfish. If they'd do it on their own everybody would have a small buggy forum.

positively selfish, I would say Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: