electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Jez Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Micro Noobie!
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:  Micro Noobie!
Subject description: This must be the place, eh?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello to everyone on this forum site! I'm the proud new owner of a Nord micromodular. I also have a Nord Lead 2, which I love and regard as my favorite virtual analog synth because of it's straight ahead design and relatively easy to understand interface and controls.....and can I just say that Nord manuals are the best ever! I mean, they're so well written and easy to understand....those swedes, bravo!
So now back to the micro. I know this is a whole other thing entirely but since I became interested in synth programming I've wanted one (plus Gareth Jones uses one). The whole concept of building virtual modules sent shivvers. The manual is large but like all the others it will be read cover to cover so I've got the basics down.
I spent the past weekend checking it out by briefly integrating it into my current midi setup. I hooked it up to my Midisport 8x8, ports 7 & 8 and then went slightly mad as the editor continually searched for the micro...then i realized, duh......only first 4 ports are available in the editor. After re-patching and rebooting, the editor opened up the current patch and I just went.....wow. so many virtual patch cables and modules....!
My plan is to run the editor separately on another Mac with another interface. I want to keep the IMac I currently use to run Pro Tools just for PT. I really hate to toggle between programs and I know I'll be using the editor ALL the time judging from how much I keep going from the computer to the NL2. I've got an Apple Performa 6360 running OS 8.6(meets the editor requirements) and an Opcode studio 3 for this purpose, pray to the gods this works. Once I get this USB Zip set up for the IMac I can transfer the editor over.
Anyway, I just wanted to say a "Hellooooo Fellows!" to all!
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: