electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Various Artists ~ 2014 Autumnal Equinox ~ live streaming radio ~
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Downloading Patches
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Gothboy

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:  Downloading Patches Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The other day I downloaded a few patches from the link that Blue Hell posted.....Literally thousands are there, but when I went to the downloaded folder and looked inside the files were those Internet Explorer text files that have the E in them. In comparing them to the files from the clavia site which look like regular text files they look different! Now I haven't used them yet.........but I'm guessing I won't be able to because when I downloaded them I kept getting this message saying Internet Explorer didn't recognize the file. Somebody fill me in, please?
Blue Hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 147
G2 patch files: 318

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like you used "save as" from internet explorers file menu.

In that case .. that's not going to work (it will save the webpage and the pictures on it, but not the patches that are linked from that page (but not in it)). You have to right click on each individual patch and then select "save target as" (or simply click it and it should open in the NM edittor program, provided it got installed on the computer you use for internet access).

Alternatively you could download the zips containing many patches.

Gothboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hummm. Thanks Jan. Using a Mac so there's no right click. So I guess using "Save as" isn't the same as saving in a target folder on a PC...?? I always thought it was. I created a folder as a place to store downloaded patch files from this site. I'm Mac and reasonably PC savvy......though still things in PC I'm not clear on. See, I downloaded all the clavia patches onto the Mac....no problems there. Are patches created on a Mac or PC cross-platform until they're downloaded? On some of the posts site users are putting patches for download right there in the post.....but I don't know if they were created on a PC or a Mac......or doesn't it matter?
Also, my studio mac is nowhere near the internet PC and broadband modem in the house, so what I've been doing is moving the Mac in there and hooking it up when I need to download stuff. We're temp renting this place so I'm not going to get into networking until we move.
Anyone with a Mac please advise.

M-Audio Radium 61/Novation Remote Zero SL/AlphaTrack controllers
Automap 3.7
Fxspansion VST-RTAS adapter
Networked to>
G4 Dual 1.4 processor 1.25GB RAM
Pro Tools 7.3.1cs8/Tiger 10.4.11

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Dymaxion Vehicle Music at www.dymaxionvehicle.com/
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the files should be the exact same on Windows and Mac, basically they are plain text so they should also be the same on Atari's, Amiga's and mobile phones; that's most certainly not the issue.

I think that with Mac's "rightclick" is the same as clicking while holding down some modifer key, should be ctrl or the apple or something. That should give you a context menu which should have "save as". Basically "save as" on any system should refer the process of picking where to store the file as well as what it will be called. Mac's have had the option of using a two or three button mouse for ages, BTW.

IE is completely right in pointing out it doesn't recognise the file but at that point it should give a dialog box about what to do with it. Saving it should be a option as should asigning a program to use for opening it (for example the NM editor).

All of that should simply work, can you go step by step through what you are doing? Clearly something is wrong somewhere and it's probably very simple.

Gothboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks dude. I'm probably going to get a USB tracking ball mouse...I know they've got like 4 buttons or something. I'll investigate and get back here with a post.
Automap 3.7
Networked to>

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 125
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got a Logitech Cordless TrackMan. These are excellent and they work well on a Mac or PC.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2150,CONTENTID=5001

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gothboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I'll weigh the costs of Logitech vs. Kensington on Ebay and go from there. Anyway, I was able to open the patches I downloaded! Even though the files had the Explorer E on them.....funny thing. Wow......things are running nicely in my setup and this thing is soooo cool. Plus it's paired up nicely with my Nord Lead 2 which is always so fun to play. Lot's to program!
Automap 3.7
Networked to>

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: