electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Tobiah - Free electronic music
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
tobiah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Tobiah - Free electronic music
Subject description: A presentation of Tobiah
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Robot romance and POP feeling, mixed with TV-game nostalgia, that's the essence of the the sound of Tobiah’s music. Influenced by the 80’s heroes Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode.

Early game consoles like Commodore C64 and Nintendo 8-bit (NES) has been a part of the influence, but then on a unconscious level.

Actually it’s not that Tobiah has listened to that much music, the influence comes clearly from the underground scene that have existed more or less since the C64’s birth.

The C64 that become the most sold computer in the 80’s and sombolized an era of future expectations and childhood dreams to many people during this period.

The phenomenon we experience is that the kids that grew up with a gamepad in their hands instead of a handle of a moped, is now expressing their interpretation of what’s pop music.

Tobiah has never been the one putting pressure on getting heard, but has in the meantime managed to get a crowd of devoted fans all around the world.

Maybe It’s not dynamite, but anyway something that has got attention from film directors and legendary managers like Malcom McLaren.

If you are interested you can listen to music by Tobiah at http://www.tobiah.tk
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tobiah? As in Micromusic.net?
tobiah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Micromusic Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

opg wrote:
Tobiah? As in Micromusic.net?

Yes I have music available at Micromusic.net
opg

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes! Great Stuff. I've only had one song successfully accepted by their "Quality Filter System."

Right now, I've been trying to figure out to get program files onto an Apple IIe (the null modem connection is giving me the business) and getting an actual working power supply for a C64. I'm currently not getting any video.

I'd like to hear more about your setup. I'll check out your site in the meantime.

Good to have you here!

tobiah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

opg wrote:
Yes! Great Stuff. I've only had one song successfully accepted by their "Quality Filter System."

Right now, I've been trying to figure out to get program files onto an Apple IIe (the null modem connection is giving me the business) and getting an actual working power supply for a C64. I'm currently not getting any video.

I'd like to hear more about your setup. I'll check out your site in the meantime.

Good to have you here!

I use Game Boy with LSDJ. And a Commodore 64 with various programs like JCH editor, SAM and others. On PC I use Goat Tracker and Reason.

Good luck with your Apple and C64!
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: